Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 22 Jun 2012, 14:48 (Ref:3096435)   #1
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Le Mans Campsites with Electrical Hook-Up (Houx, Tertre Rouge?, Garage Vert?, other?)

Already looking out for next year of course.
Stayed at Houx this year, but it's becoming more and more of a partying site, and that is not what I am looking for.
I do like my music played on some decent system, but not for people living in Arnage to hear it too.
I am now looking for an alternative.
I am under the impression that Tertre Rouge and Garage Vert have electricity?
Can somebody with hands-on experience confirm this? It's probably a case of getting there early and bring about 300 ft of electrical leads? Both are not a problem.

I think I saw GT6 posting on PH confirming that TR has electricity? Same GT6 as on 10/10? If so, I'd like to hear from you!

But there must be more 10/10-ers staying on either TR or GV, I'd like to hear from you too!

Thanks in Advance,

Vincent

Last edited by vincegail; 22 Jun 2012 at 14:58.
Old 22 Jun 2012, 15:08 (Ref:3096441)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, that's Simon (GT6) and I've no doubt he will be recommending TR to you! I think Ian (isynge) also stays on TR.
Old 22 Jun 2012, 16:20 (Ref:3096463)   #3
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Was definitely a marked increase in the tunes being blared out on Houx this year from last. Some of it very questionable!

Even worse when you get 'battles' across the site with two competing sound systems.
Old 22 Jun 2012, 16:46 (Ref:3096473)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Perhaps I'll camp next year...... but on the other hand........
Old 22 Jun 2012, 16:54 (Ref:3096477)   #5
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
We do indeed habitually stay on Tertre Rouge - it's a good site with the right sort of atmosphere for us - lively but not too much - and critically the location is outstanding - from our pitch this year we could see the cars braking into the corner - which doesn't get much better.

Electricity? Well, it's both yes and no. There are some power points dotted around, but you need to rely on an elaborate Heath Robinson like contraption to hook things up. By no means should you expect to have power right at your pitch.

To be honest we've never bothered running power in - we've got away with charging phones / laptops using the car when popping out to Carrefour etc and that generally gets us through the long weekend.
Old 22 Jun 2012, 18:41 (Ref:3096520)   #6
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I stayed at Houx this year for the first time and years and actually liked the music this year. Camping at Houx Annexe and Maison Blanche you get some pretty dire stuff but I didn't mind being kept awake by Hendrix and The Jam!

Tetre Rouge is a good campsite if you want to be close to the circuit and a much less toned-down atmosphere, and has leccy as isynge says.

It's a little too boring for me though, and when you do get some loud campers on that campsite, they stick out like a sore thumb.
Old 22 Jun 2012, 18:43 (Ref:3096521)   #7
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Tetre Rouge is a good campsite if you want to be close to the circuit and a much less toned-down atmosphere, and has leccy as isynge says.

It's a little too boring for me though, and when you do get some loud campers on that campsite, they stick out like a sore thumb.
Good.... Very Good....

Nobody at Garage Vert this year, apart from some girlscouts/boyscouts?
Old 22 Jun 2012, 19:05 (Ref:3096531)   #8
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
TR as already stated has some electricity but it is a very heath robinson affair, so take a long piece of extension and plenty of tape, failing that ask someone near by who has already got connected to run a line of them they will almost certainly agree.
campsite is small very friendly and most of the campers are no longer teenagers, security is the best of all the campsites and there are always plenty of people enjoying themselves and a few load parties so pick you spot carefully.
hardest site to get tickets for and usually the most expensive on ebay
Old 22 Jun 2012, 19:15 (Ref:3096535)   #9
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Had to google Heath Robinson.

I have a 100m lead, a 25m one, a 30m cable reel with 4 sockets and another extension lead of 10m with another 4 sockets.

Is this Heath Robinson enough? Or do you need some NASA-spec engineering degree to get some power on Tertre Rouge?
Old 22 Jun 2012, 19:16 (Ref:3096536)   #10
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
and yes it was me on PH, I use the same forum name on all the sites PH, Club arnarge and beer mountain but prefer this one as you might expect
Old 24 Jun 2012, 15:48 (Ref:3097240)   #11
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Nobody on Garage Vert? Or Expo perhaps? I am open for all options!
Old 24 Jun 2012, 17:25 (Ref:3097287)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I think Adam was on Expo........

http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....3&postcount=68

Old 24 Jun 2012, 19:23 (Ref:3097372)   #13
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
I was hoping for somebody camping at Expo, not just parking. Or Garage Vert.
There were some people over there, I presume?

Patience Vince, Patience....
Old 24 Jun 2012, 21:33 (Ref:3097431)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
We didn't camp this year, that is just parking. A hotel in town and took advantage of the tram. The hotel had leccy.
Old 24 Jun 2012, 21:54 (Ref:3097455)   #15
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There were a few people who camped on the expo site from our coach. there was additional shelter provided by the buildings. they didn't seem to moan about the site but can't comment on it any further than that.
Old 25 Jun 2012, 09:01 (Ref:3097629)   #16
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Was definitely a marked increase in the tunes being blared out on Houx this year from last. Some of it very questionable!

Even worse when you get 'battles' across the site with two competing sound systems.
I don't mind the song 'Greyhound'... but not 9 times in a row at 900 decibels right next to our tent while trying to outdo the soundsystem the other side...
Old 25 Jun 2012, 18:06 (Ref:3097912)   #17
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Dani filth was on vert last year but he camped elsewhere this year so that might give a clue
Old 25 Jun 2012, 18:40 (Ref:3097924)   #18
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Dani filth was on vert last year but he camped elsewhere this year so that might give a clue
That says that the site wasn't to his liking, but not why it wasn't to his liking.
I'll send him a pm. Thanks for the tip!

Last edited by vincegail; 25 Jun 2012 at 18:48.
Old 26 Jun 2012, 08:59 (Ref:3098265)   #19
jc_nl
Racer

Netherlands
Dedemsvaart
jc_nl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I stayed at Houx this year for the first time and years and actually liked the music this year. Camping at Houx Annexe and Maison Blanche you get some pretty dire stuff but I didn't mind being kept awake by Hendrix and The Jam!
When they started numbering pitches, Maison Blanche became a more mellow place. Since the MB testcircuit has been there it's been difficult to get tickets and most of the big groups have moved to Blue Nord.

So if you can live without electricity and get tickets, MB is a very good option. Close to the Porsche curves, close to a big screen, close to the pit and village.
Old 1 Jul 2012, 14:51 (Ref:3100505)   #20
Mike007
Rookie

England
Orpington, Kent
Mike007 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have always been on MB since going to LM, thats makes in 8 years.No elecricity other than taking generator, which many seem to do. Security is v lax as whilst there are chaps on the entrance and exit signing you in and out, once you are in the circuit you can walk straight into the campsite. This year the fairground and support pitts seemed to encroach further into the site, and there seemed to be less toilets and showers than previous years.

Thursday night the music near us was loud and rubbish, although perhaps we had just not drunk enough. We remedied that on Friday!
Old 5 Jul 2012, 08:38 (Ref:3102300)   #21
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
On the subject of Music, i got a bit tired of "God Save The Queen" and "Rule Britannia" on friday night. Some Brits felt threaten by the massive amount of Danes, and marked their territory aaaall niiiight looooong! (No offense to Brits, but these guys where over the top ).

On the subject of electricity. A generator is what i saw/heard/learned the only way to gain it. The huge Danish arranged tours always get a few outlets to run their kitchens, shops and other. So there must be 1 or 2 outlets at Karting Nord, but if you are allowed to use them - i doubt