Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 11 Jul 2003, 13:13 (Ref:658775)   #26
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know if the "Spanish Courage" is ex-Gache; all I have heard is that it is chassis #01.
Old 14 Jul 2003, 06:56 (Ref:660460)   #27
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be there as a spectator but won't bother going to the circuit on Saturday till the F2 race

Last edited by PaulSands; 14 Jul 2003 at 06:56.
Old 21 Jul 2003, 21:07 (Ref:667647)   #28
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mow that we had a dismal field at Oschersleben....

Does anyone know who might show up at Donnington???

Taurus Sport?
Lister?
Ascari?

I never did see a complete or an accurate list for Oschersleben, so I really have no idea who was there except for:

RfH both cars
One Pascarolo
DBA Zytek (the winner)
Durango
A Lucchini that finished fourth from the SR2 class...

This is kinda depressing....because there are only 12 prototypes at Sears Point for the ALMS this weekend....

Everybody is either flat broke or figuring out what they will do between now and the Le Mans Bugatti race in November...but we, the fans, aren't seeing anybody race....anywhere....

Atlanta and Monza had decent turnouts....but no one is showing up for the next races on the series...

Any inisght you all may hvae would be great...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 21 Jul 2003, 21:16 (Ref:667661)   #29
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
There were just 9 cars there you've missed a second Lucchini and two Pilbeams. Janos Wimpffen covered the race for us - he's in europe researching a book - and seemed rather underwhelmed by the 'event'
Old 21 Jul 2003, 21:44 (Ref:667697)   #30
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So Promec, Lavaggi's Ferrari, Ascari and others didn't bother????

Will they bother to be at Donnington????

What about Lister, Tean Nasamax, this mysterious Spanish team running a Courage, the Goddard team, etc...

It just seems like a lot of hardware is sitting in garages when the purpose would seem to be to race them....

Old 21 Jul 2003, 22:02 (Ref:667714)   #31
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
NOTE:

On the team nasamax website, they list their competitive series as the ALMS series...

and it has Sonoma, Trois Rivieres, Mosport and Road America on their list....

but nothing more current than their own spin on Le Mans from June 15th..

They obviously are not on the entry list for this weekend, and they are not on the two Canadian event lists, either....

Old 21 Jul 2003, 22:06 (Ref:667717)   #32
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
I'd expect Nasamax will next be out at the LMES race in November
Old 21 Jul 2003, 22:17 (Ref:667724)   #33
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Unless they are testing the hell out of the car, I don't see how they are learning anything by sitting in the garage...they have a lot to learn...

and the same goes for Lister...they haven't raced a lap in an actual race yet this year, have they???? They've entered two races...but haven't raced in the actual events yet...

I can see why there will be lots of people racing on the Bugatti circuit this year because so much is at stake...but I don't understand why teams are not racing or testing and learning something...not to mention the fact that their sponsors are really getting short-changed....big time...

I'm not on a rant with this...but it doesn't make sense to me....

Old 21 Jul 2003, 22:23 (Ref:667727)   #34
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Northcutt
Unless they are testing the hell out of the car, I don't see how they are learning anything by sitting in the garage...they have a lot to learn...

and the same goes for Lister...they haven't raced a lap in an actual race yet this year, have they???? They've entered two races...but haven't raced in the actual events yet...

I can see why there will be lots of people racing on the Bugatti circuit this year because so much is at stake...but I don't understand why teams are not racing or testing and learning something...not to mention the fact that their sponsors are really getting short-changed....big time...

I'm not on a rant with this...but it doesn't make sense to me....
Actually yes the Lister have turned laps in a race this year. They completed a massive 10 laps at Sebring this year.
Old 22 Jul 2003, 01:32 (Ref:667832)   #35
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
My concern about the Nasamax effort has always been that it looked like their goal was to make it to Le Mans to prove their theory that this fuel would work in this setting. They knew they would not be setting the world on fire, they were just out to prove a point. That done, what else do they need to do?

I just honestly don't expect to see that car turning a wheel again.

Somewhat off the subject, I would very much like to see the nitrogen blanketing system in use on the fuel cell be seriously examened by the FIA and National Series organizers. It seems to have a lot of merit. NASCAR should be looking to implement it as soon as is possible.
Old 22 Jul 2003, 04:12 (Ref:667912)   #36
theracegypsy
Veteran

theracegypsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi guys, it's nice to get on a drivers forum sometimes.

The problem with the Donington meeting is the time table.
Since someone in their wisdom decided to add extra events to the weekend the thing has got stupid for marshals. We are being expected to work for up to 12 1/2 hours each day of a 3 day meeting with no breaks whatsoever, and with the prospect of delays as there are only 10 minute gaps between sessions, - no time to sort out any major "offs".
Most marshals who originally were down to work it are pulling out because of this, we just don't feel it is right or safe.
As drivers how will you feel on Saturday evening to know that the guys looking to your safety are absolutly knackered, and probably wet and cold into the bargin, have had no chance of hot food since 6.30 am and are dropping on their feet?
I am marshaling in North America with CART at present, were for an evening race we are fed 3 hot meals a day by the organising club, and get 2 breaks of an hour each.
I will be back for this meeting, nad I am trying to find out who is Clerk to get his reaction to the situation, but as I see it if the timetable is not improved there will be no marshals.
Old 22 Jul 2003, 08:49 (Ref:668044)   #37
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by theracegypsy

The problem with the Donington meeting is the time table.
Since someone in their wisdom decided to add extra events to the weekend the thing has got stupid for marshals. We are being expected to work for up to 12 1/2 hours each day of a 3 day meeting with no breaks whatsoever, and with the prospect of delays as there are only 10 minute gaps between sessions, - no time to sort out any major "offs".
Most marshals who originally were down to work it are pulling out because of this, we just don't feel it is right or safe.
As drivers how will you feel on Saturday evening to know that the guys looking to your safety are absolutly knackered, and probably wet and cold into the bargin, have had no chance of hot food since 6.30 am and are dropping on their feet?
Thanks for giving us a marshal's perspective- when as a spectator we look at a packed programme with very few gaps between sessions or races, we tend to think 'good- no hanging around with nothing to watch'- we forget that it's hell on wheels for the people who are actually working......
Old 22 Jul 2003, 12:42 (Ref:668252)   #38
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
So Promec, Lavaggi's Ferrari, Ascari and others didn't bother????

Will they bother to be at Donnington????

What about Lister, Tean Nasamax, this mysterious Spanish team running a Courage, the Goddard team, etc...

It just seems like a lot of hardware is sitting in garages when the purpose would seem to be to race them....
Lister should be out at Donington according to what's been reported on DSC and in the UK press in recent weeks- I'd guess that Ascari and Taurus will turn out as they're on home ground, and likewise the Goddard Reynard- (so long as Fred Goddard can line up funded drivers for one or both cars- most of the coverage of their plans on Dailysportscar earlier in the year seemed to contain a request for drivers with budgets to contact the team....)

The Spanish Courage seems to have dropped off the radar altogether- I don't think I've seen any news of that since it was first announced.
Old 22 Jul 2003, 18:51 (Ref:668643)   #39
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Thanks to all....

I'll keep my eyes open for entry lists as wel get closer, but if anyone sees anything published, please post it here...

You are my best and only source of info for European prototypes!!!!

Old 25 Jul 2003, 08:33 (Ref:670897)   #40
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lister reporting that they are unlikely to be at Spa as new Chevy engine not ready. No chance of Donnington either then i assume. Also DBA likely to do no more FIASCC as they want to race for overall wins in ALMS for the rest of the year. Source = Autosport.
Old 25 Jul 2003, 09:55 (Ref:670935)   #41
KA
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by LC2guy
Lister reporting that they are unlikely to be at Spa as new Chevy engine not ready. No chance of Donnington either then i assume. Also DBA likely to do no more FIASCC as they want to race for overall wins in ALMS for the rest of the year. Source = Autosport.
Not good news.......

Slightly better news tucked away in one of Dailysportscar's Spa 24 hours qualifying reports yesterday was that Wolfgang Kaufmann is apparently talking to sometime FIASSC competitors Eventus Motorsport (ex-Konrad Lola B2K/10) and Renauer Motorsport (Tampolli-Alfa SR2) regarding drives at Spa- so hopefully that's at least one addition to the entry for Spa....

Last edited by KA; 25 Jul 2003 at 09:55.
Old 25 Jul 2003, 14:18 (Ref:671130)   #42
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jan Lammers said to me at oschersleben that they want to take Donington with only one car while the other is prepared for next year (build into a LM1?)

DBA´s programme was written on their transporter and there Donington was mentioned. As Donington is also a track suited for the lighter LMP675 I guess they won´t miss that out.
Old 25 Jul 2003, 16:03 (Ref:671227)   #43
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Does anyone know what Chevy engine/block is currently in the Lister, or what engine it is based on, and what "new" engine are they switching to????

On the Le Mans site, they were listed as having a 5800 cc engine...is that the 5.7 L engine or is this built from a NASCAR motor??? Are the 5.7 L and the NASCAR engine one and the same???

I'm not as familiar with Chevy power as I am with other makers...

Please enlighten me....

Old 25 Jul 2003, 16:48 (Ref:671261)   #44
KA
Veteran

Quote:
Does anyone know what Chevy engine/block is currently in the Lister, or what engine it is based on, and what "new" engine are they switching to????

On the Le Mans site, they were listed as having a 5800 cc engine...is that the 5.7 L engine or is this built from a NASCAR motor??? Are the 5.7 L and the NASCAR engine one and the same???

I'm not as familiar with Chevy power as I am with other makers...

Please enlighten me....
I believe Lister do much of their own engine development, but I'm not sure what version of Chevy V8 they started from...
Old 26 Jul 2003, 01:48 (Ref:671594)   #45
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
According to their announcements of the car it is the block and heads from C5-R Corvette, and they credited engine development to "Corvette."
Old 26 Jul 2003, 13:57 (Ref:671848)   #46
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Thanks, skycafe....I didn't remember reading that....I appreciate it...

Old 26 Jul 2003, 23:56 (Ref:672226)   #47
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Its so bloody frustrating, I go to uni 20 minutes from Donnington, yet all the decent race meetings are when I'm at home!

*screams and has a mad fit*
Old 30 Jul 2003, 11:53 (Ref:675192)   #48
KA
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by LC2guy
Lister reporting that they are unlikely to be at Spa as new Chevy engine not ready. No chance of Donnington either then i assume.
Motorsport News this morning confirms no Lister at Donington, and may not make Spa- new engine not ready.

Quote from Laurence Pearce: 'The car will be a winner, there is no doubt, but it's engine is not ready yet. Why go racing with a car that is not finished?'

Hmm, I've always been a fan of Lister's GT efforts, and I appreciate that it must be a tough situation for a fairly small team to be developing a new LMP as well as running an FIA GT programme, but wasn't the time to be saying this about 6 months ago, before shipping it half-way across the world to debut at Sebring.....?
Old 30 Jul 2003, 13:09 (Ref:675279)   #49
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My sentiments exactly. Lister have dropped the ball on this one. Surely better to learn about the car in race situations and then put a stronger engine in and move up the grid , than make excuses for a year and end up with egg on your face when the car debuts with the stronger engine and doesn't perform because you've learnt nothing about it whilst its been stuck in a garage.
Old 1 Aug 2003, 12:27 (Ref:677125)   #50
KA
Veteran

DSC are suggesting 17 cars at Donington and possibly 22-24 (so maybe 50 cars total- including GT entries) or more at Spa...