Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Aug 2003, 03:35 (Ref:677661)   #1
pshoe001
Rookie

pshoe001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
USGP June 20th, 2004: Good move?

Is the date change on the USGP at Indy positive for you? It's pretty close to the Indy 500 (3 weeks) and really close to Montreal (2 weeks) so it's less likely people will do more than one of these. How about you? Is this good news, bad news, or whatever?
Old 2 Aug 2003, 07:15 (Ref:677691)   #2
MrSal
Racer

MrSal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From a purely personal selfish point of view I wish they had put it a week earlier so that there is only a week between Canada and Indy, then I could have travelled to both grand prix in 1 trip!
Yes, it could be too close to the Indy 500 and this could effect spectator numbers significantly.
Old 2 Aug 2003, 07:31 (Ref:677694)   #3
miramar
Rookie

miramar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
too close to indy 500 and that will hurt spectators numbers.
just making room to china-japan puting canada-usa.
Old 2 Aug 2003, 11:00 (Ref:677776)   #4
twig
Veteran

twig should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They should have races in the same area around the same time, for the sake of saving the teams some money.

They should have Brazil near the Canadian GP and the US GP as well if you ask me.

Also, Australia, Malaysia, Japan and Shanghai should all be together as well. But in there you have two which are right at the front of the season, and one right at the end.
Old 2 Aug 2003, 11:34 (Ref:677790)   #5
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I guess scheduling the USGP so close to the 500 is a poor move, and I doubt F1 will hold anything like the same audience appeal, especially after the ferrari farce last year which I beleive will impact crowds badly.

The Canadian Grand Prix is not a good rival either, as it has a record of consistantly producing probably the best dry races in F1, and is said to be a lovely city. This date could put Indy in danger as the US venue for F1.
Old 2 Aug 2003, 11:48 (Ref:677794)   #6
Epsilon
Racer

Canada
Hamilton, ON, Canada
Epsilon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If they really wanted to put both the US and Canadian races together, they should have moved Montreal to September. Canada in the fall is a beautiful country. But it is nice (for me, at least) that both races are after I'm out of school for the summer.

Last edited by Epsilon; 2 Aug 2003 at 11:51.
Old 2 Aug 2003, 13:52 (Ref:677866)   #7
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it would probably save the teams a lot of money if they do this.
Old 2 Aug 2003, 14:55 (Ref:677885)   #8
Ian-S
Racer

Ian-S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think saving the teams money was number 1 priority as the top ten teams all get their travel costs either paid for or subsidised by FOM.

It's more likely a convience thing.
Old 2 Aug 2003, 16:16 (Ref:677921)   #9
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
USGP's always been at one end of the season or the other. This is too close to the other big events.
Old 6 Aug 2003, 22:36 (Ref:681648)   #10
woopow
Rookie

woopow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Personally, I like having the Canadian and USGP's closer together. I've always been kinda partial to a long vacation in June over two short ones in June and September or having to choose. :-)
Old 6 Aug 2003, 23:46 (Ref:681674)   #11
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Epsilon
If they really wanted to put both the US and Canadian races together, they should have moved Montreal to September. Canada in the fall is a beautiful country. But it is nice (for me, at least) that both races are after I'm out of school for the summer.
erm..the Canadian date does have a bit of tradition to it... and there is a Cart race on the same track in late August.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 7 Aug 2003, 02:03 (Ref:681704)   #12
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like it...it will be two days after I finish school for the year, and Indianapolis is "kinda sorta" on the way from Rochester to Virginia
Old 7 Aug 2003, 14:32 (Ref:682039)   #13
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMO basically US fans don't care F1 very much, therefore I think that, regardless of the date, there will be few spectators anyways
Old 7 Aug 2003, 14:53 (Ref:682052)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The last races had received huge crowds, just because racing is as much popular (or even more) as many other places.
Old 7 Aug 2003, 15:54 (Ref:682081)   #15
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be at Le Mans so it doesn't matter to me.
Old 7 Aug 2003, 20:36 (Ref:682251)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I love the US GP so any move to reduce the gap between this years and next years is fine by me!