Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Aug 2003, 17:36 (Ref:682134)   #1
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Juan to Toyota?

I'm having a great time listening to Juan playing with Frank's mind. His latest is that he is interested in Toyota (from Gazzetta):
----
"Fino al 2004 ho un contratto con la Williams, ma sono giĆ* in trattative con diverse scuderie per il 2005 e sto esaminando piĆ¹ di un'opzione".

"Il progetto della Toyota al momento appare il piĆ¹ interessante - si tratta di una scuderia dal budget praticamente illimitato".
----
"Until 2004 I have a contract with Williams, but I am talking to several teams for 2005, and I am examining more than one option."

"The Toyota project at the moment seems the most interesting - we are talking about a team with a practically unlimited budget."
Old 7 Aug 2003, 17:41 (Ref:682138)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Gazetta!

Anyway, "interesting" doesn't mean "enticing".
Old 7 Aug 2003, 17:43 (Ref:682139)   #3
MrSal
Racer

MrSal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Williams to Toyota????? Even with an unlimited Toyota budget this doesn't seem like a good career move!
I think Montoya is ****ed because Ralf earns significantly more money than he does and is trying to get his money increased.
Old 7 Aug 2003, 17:44 (Ref:682142)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think this is just the press.
Old 7 Aug 2003, 17:45 (Ref:682143)   #5
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont know if this would be that bad for JPM. A lot could happen in 2 years. History has proven that in F1 money talks. Toyota may be able to buy their way into a top position by then.
Old 7 Aug 2003, 17:46 (Ref:682144)   #6
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Another one from "Juan to..." series.

JPM, don't choose too much, or you might end up nowhere.
Old 7 Aug 2003, 17:47 (Ref:682146)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
While Montoya may or may not be looking to get as much as his team mate this is very different from just going to Toyota for the cash.

Toyota may become a contender, but I wouldn't expect that to happen by 2005.
Old 7 Aug 2003, 17:51 (Ref:682148)   #8
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
You don't believe he said it Adam?
Old 7 Aug 2003, 17:55 (Ref:682149)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't believe he even think of that !
Old 7 Aug 2003, 17:58 (Ref:682150)   #10
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
I agree Gazzetta is not the most distinguished of sources, but that Juan would say this makes perfect sense to me. Doesn't he have a history with them from CART? And like neil says, with the money they have, Toyota might well be challenging for top grid spots in a few years.
Old 7 Aug 2003, 18:06 (Ref:682153)   #11
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Okay, but still too early to count them as challengers in 2005 !
Old 7 Aug 2003, 18:08 (Ref:682155)   #12
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Probably not. But its amazing what money can do in the hands of the right people. In any case, like I said before, if Juan actually said this, I think its probably to squeeze Frank a bit...
Old 7 Aug 2003, 18:10 (Ref:682156)   #13
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Yeah, just don't push too much...
Old 7 Aug 2003, 18:20 (Ref:682162)   #14
ElScOrChO
Racer

ElScOrChO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Juan, don't do the same mistake as Villeneuve!
Old 7 Aug 2003, 18:21 (Ref:682163)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
You don't believe he said it Adam?
No, he may have said it, I just don't believe it means anything!
Old 7 Aug 2003, 18:39 (Ref:682170)   #16
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is the original source...
"Tengo un contrato con Williams hasta finales del 2004. No sĆ© que va a pasar en Ferrari, McLaren... Toyota es el Ćŗnico equipo con presupuesto ilimitado. Hay que darle tiempo al tiempo. No tengo ningĆŗn afĆ”n de quĆ© voy a hacer por mi futuro. SĆ© que hay rumores de McLaren. ChĆ©vere que lo digan, pero de ahĆ* a que sea verdad falta mucho."

"Until 2004 I have a contract with Williams. I don't know what will happen at Ferrari, McLaren... Toyota is the only team with unlimited budget. Only time will tell. I don't have any hurry on what I'll be doing on the future. I heard some McLaren rumors. It's nice to heard'em, but that's too far from reality."

http://eltiempo.terra.com.co/deporte...1-1208081.html
Old 7 Aug 2003, 18:44 (Ref:682173)   #17
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
So Gazzetta seems to have inserted the "Il progetto della Toyota al momento appare il piĆ¹ interessante" i.e. "The Toyota project at the moment is the most interesting"
Old 7 Aug 2003, 18:47 (Ref:682175)   #18
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Uhn... now it changes completely. Thanks Speed.
Old 7 Aug 2003, 18:52 (Ref:682178)   #19
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally posted by Inigo Montoya
So Gazzetta seems to have inserted the "Il progetto della Toyota al momento appare il piĆ¹ interessante" i.e. "The Toyota project at the moment is the most interesting"
Premi il roba. La gente di cose fa per fare i soldi !
Old 7 Aug 2003, 18:52 (Ref:682179)   #20
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good old printed media.
Old 7 Aug 2003, 18:56 (Ref:682181)   #21
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Bononi
Premi il roba. La gente di cose fa per fare i soldi !
Capito
Old 7 Aug 2003, 18:59 (Ref:682183)   #22
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Old 7 Aug 2003, 19:18 (Ref:682196)   #23
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can't be bothered going to translate.com - wot you on about?!
Old 7 Aug 2003, 19:36 (Ref:682202)   #24
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

The things people do for money...
Old 7 Aug 2003, 19:40 (Ref:682206)   #25
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Say no more