Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 17 Mar 2004, 22:42 (Ref:908707)   #1
Mags
Veteran

Mags should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NH testing!!

Just had an e mail from NH, and Bruno is indeed testing as we speak. I think this is VERY positive news, and for anyone that doesn't know, RFM has an interview scheduled with Seb on Saturday as well. NH is going out of thier way to spoil the kids fun weekend at Sebring for us, and I for one want to say THANKS to them for trying to get rid of all this D&G everyone seems to want to spread. CHEERS to NH!!

Last edited by Mags; 17 Mar 2004 at 22:43.
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 17 Mar 2004, 22:48 (Ref:908711)   #2
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
My outlook is becoming sunnier with each passing day now!
I was SO afraid of losing Rahal and N/Haas.
LETS GO RACING!!!
Old 17 Mar 2004, 22:58 (Ref:908723)   #3
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Warning: Very Obscure Joke, Possibly Missquoted. Not Realy Funny.

Don't Brute us Ceaser, Dilute us!
Old 17 Mar 2004, 23:13 (Ref:908732)   #4
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Newman/Haas and Herdez are testing on the road course in Fontana, as it had been reported in this forum and elsewhere since Monday. Testing will continue throughout the week.

Tests are being coordinated by Cosworth. Objective is to evaluate the "overtake function" (as the "push-to-pass" function is called by the engine manufacturer), plus pit lane speed limiter and other software upgrades. Initial results were very positive.

Last edited by Muzza; 17 Mar 2004 at 23:14.
Old 18 Mar 2004, 04:46 (Ref:908873)   #5
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...0&pagenumber=2
Old 18 Mar 2004, 04:53 (Ref:908877)   #6
Mags
Veteran

Thanks Dov. I knew you had posted somthing about this somwhere!! And, Seb is there as well watching his teammate.
"I have a tendency to let my mind wander a bit during some of the yellow flag conditions; I look around, check out people in the stands, things like that" Darren Law - Lizard Extrordinaire and he's gonna be GT Leader and Brumos Porsche driver!
Old 18 Mar 2004, 10:10 (Ref:909068)   #7
camcartfan
Racer

United States
Temeku
camcartfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems awfully strange that Cosworth would have a team test the push to pass button if they haven't yet signed on for the 2004 season. Another D&G rumor dispelled! Go CC!

Hazza, it's "Caesar."
Old 18 Mar 2004, 10:20 (Ref:909076)   #8
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sorry! Typo. I was trying to remember the odd cartoon on the back of the Newman's Own dressing. I never realy got the joke.
Old 18 Mar 2004, 10:34 (Ref:909090)   #9
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That's at least one more confirmed car then, probably 2 or 3. Great news. I can see Tracy, Junquiera and Bourdais being the main title contenders this year, as the field below them has thinned somewhat - going from winning in ChampCars to losing in IRL isn't ideal for sponsors who are used to winning.
Old 18 Mar 2004, 10:38 (Ref:909093)   #10
camcartfan
Racer

United States
Temeku
Very true Boots. Even though I'm not a fan, you can't leave out Mario Dominguez. Also, I think Jimmy will be right there now that he's in something more competitive. Plus, he has the reputation of making cars fast, quickly.
Old 18 Mar 2004, 15:18 (Ref:909369)   #11
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Quote:
Originally posted by camcartfan
Seems awfully strange that Cosworth would have a team test the push to pass button if they haven't yet signed on for the 2004 season. (...)
You got it, Cam. I cannot comment more, but you got it.

Cosworth is indeed very pleased with the performance of the "overtake function" and the other changes they made during the Winter.

Also, the mileage between services will be significantly increased for 2004, what means an important cost reduction to all parties involved. You will - as I was - be suprised with these new mileage numbers.
Old 18 Mar 2004, 15:30 (Ref:909378)   #12
Mags
Veteran

Quote:
Seems awfully strange that Cosworth would have a team test the push to pass button if they haven't yet signed on for the 2004 season. Another D&G rumor dispelled! Go CC!

Hazza, it's "Caesar."
THANK YOU for pointing that out. I keep forgetting to point out a GLARING fact everyone is forgetting!! Cosworth signed on for a 2 YEAR DEAL - until 2005!!!! Pook made that VERY clear in every press conference I attended in 2003.
Old 18 Mar 2004, 15:53 (Ref:909402)   #13
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Quote:
Originally posted by Mags
THANK YOU for pointing that out. I keep forgetting to point out a GLARING fact everyone is forgetting!! Cosworth signed on for a 2 YEAR DEAL - until 2005!!!! Pook made that VERY clear in every press conference I attended in 2003.
Dear Mags,

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but you should know that motorsport contracts usually have clauses with imbedded loopholes that allow one of the parties to bail out. This is an extremely common practice in both sides of the Atlantic. Even if I regret this, it is mostly a consequence of the commercial risks that permeate the sport (remember: there is no need for racing. We love it, but makind could do without it - and many times sponsors do just that).

I am sure you know that cases of "broken" contracts (please note the use of commas) are many. The interrupted Sunoco sponsorship to Sigma Racing, the collapse of ASTJ (when they had two year commitments) and the fact that Patrick Carpentier does not have a ride with Forsythe Racing (at least not yet...) are examples of that. So, please do not be over-enthusiastic about the fact that there was a contract. Hey, what do I mean by "there was"? Why is Muzza saying "there was", and not "there is"?

Well, when Adrian Fernández said that "there is no engine contract" he was technically right. The previous contract was between CART and Cosworth, and it expired when CART ceased to exist. The "2 YEAR DEAL - until 2005" contract that you mention has no validity anymore. Its obligations could not "automatically" transferred from CART to Champ Car. Officials in both parties confirmed that to me.

Nevertheless, no panic. Please read my previous message carefully and you know what I mean.

The situation with Bridgestone is similar.

Regards,

Muzza
Old 18 Mar 2004, 16:10 (Ref:909412)   #14
Mags
Veteran

I never panic! My ticket for Long Beach was bought in Feb about 22 seconds after I heard OWRS had triumphed. I don't care if there are 10 or 22 cars on the grid there. I don't see the relevance. Champ Cars will grow and prosper. And I'll be there to make sure to get the good word out there.
Old 18 Mar 2004, 18:08 (Ref:909511)   #15
Mags
Veteran

Sebastien Bourdais is Confirmed!!! I'll be meeting him Sat at noon!

Old 18 Mar 2004, 19:52 (Ref:909646)   #16
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So it seems we got Cosworth and Bridgestone... that means we've got the tools to have a championship. Let's see who else steps up. Normally after the bad news the good news come...
Old 18 Mar 2004, 21:21 (Ref:909783)   #17
camcartfan
Racer

United States
Temeku
Quote:
Sebastien Bourdais is Confirmed!!! I'll be meeting him Sat at noon!

Is this recent? He was at the preview and I just assumed he was confirmed then.
Old 18 Mar 2004, 21:26 (Ref:909795)   #18
Mags
Veteran

Quote:
Is this recent? He was at the preview and I just assumed he was confirmed then.
SORRY! What I meant was, my INTERVEIW with him is confirmed for Saturday, at noon, in Sebring!!

And, if y'all have any questions, let me know!!
Old 19 Mar 2004, 12:58 (Ref:910688)   #19
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I never panic! My ticket for Long Beach was bought in Feb about 22 seconds after I heard OWRS had triumphed. I don't care if there are 10 or 22 cars on the grid there. I don't see the relevance. Champ Cars will grow and prosper. And I'll be there to make sure to get the good word out there.
Event promotors care how many cars there will be. Fernandez and Rahal cared, which is part of why they moved. TV companies care. Casual viewers care. Potential sponsors certainly care.

Still, it's very clear that Newman Haas will be continuing, whcih is good.
Old 19 Mar 2004, 21:41 (Ref:911176)   #20
Aus.CARTfan
Rookie

Aus.CARTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey guys, does anyone know if there are some pictures from fontana testing this week.If so can you let me know.

Cheers from down under
Old 19 Mar 2004, 22:11 (Ref:911196)   #21
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Hello Aus.CARTfan,

Please see the second and third messages (posted by Dov) on the second page of this thread:

http://tentenths.com/forum/sho...mp;pagenumber=2
Old 19 Mar 2004, 23:52 (Ref:911294)   #22
Cowboy
Racer

Canada
Alberta, Canada
Cowboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You know, I've been reading these forums on ten-tenths for a long time and I finally decided to sign up and throw my 2 bits in. First off, Muzza, MacDaddy and everyone else, thanks for all of the great news through out all of all this Champ Car roller coaster ride. It has been a rough ride and I truely hope that the 3 amigos get it done and done right. I have been a Champ Car fanatic ever since it started and hope it never ends.
Old 20 Mar 2004, 00:01 (Ref:911299)   #23
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Welcome to the forum, Cowboy!
Buckle your seatbelts - We're goin' racing!
Old 20 Mar 2004, 00:06 (Ref:911304)   #24
Cowboy
Racer

Canada
Alberta, Canada
Cowboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks.
Old 20 Mar 2004, 00:10 (Ref:911309)   #25
Dov
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Dov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Welcome to 10/10th's, Cowboy!

Did you bring any Cowgirls with ya?

One more month to go before we see the green flag drop in LB!!