Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 5 Jun 2019, 17:22 (Ref:3908107)   #1
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
IMSA going electric

IMSA is exploring all-electric sports prototype series alongside ETCR ambitions

https://e-racing365.com/other-series...totype-concept

Quote:
Scott Atherton: "Ideally, it would be a spec series, so a spec chassis, spec drivetrain".

e-racing365 understands that at least one feasibility study has already been undertaken by a vendor.

It’s believed ePrototype or ETCR would not be ready any earlier than 2022.
Old 5 Jun 2019, 21:28 (Ref:3908174)   #2
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
As a support class or even a class within the race, fine. I won't care much for it, but whatever. But this can't be the top class or either prototype or gt racing and keep me interested.
Old 5 Jun 2019, 22:55 (Ref:3908184)   #3
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
As a support class or even a class within the race, fine. I won't care much for it, but whatever. But this can't be the top class or either prototype or gt racing and keep me interested.
I doubt it would be anything beyond an additional challenge class in the near term. It seems like it would be only full spec buy this package and come race series. It could be interesting but agree it should be the secondary show at best.
Old 6 Jun 2019, 12:28 (Ref:3908278)   #4
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I watched the i-Jaguar (or whatever it is called--I truly do not care) race which supports Formula E. I really cannot get excited about F-E, not sure why, but the spec Jaguar race was a lot of fun. It makes for a great support race (tops the headliners, IMO.) I wouldn't mind if IMSA added that.
Old 8 Jun 2019, 04:09 (Ref:3908573)   #5
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
I watched the i-Jaguar (or whatever it is called--I truly do not care) race which supports Formula E. I really cannot get excited about F-E, not sure why, but the spec Jaguar race was a lot of fun. It makes for a great support race (tops the headliners, IMO.) I wouldn't mind if IMSA added that.

The I pace series is the most bland racing in existence.

And I’m not wholly sure that’s because it’s electric, I think really it’s a combination of being big SUV’s, on tight tracks, looking very slow.

The electric racing world is in its infancy, I think people like Formula E and IMSA are right to pursue it, one day whether petrol heads like it or not electric will replace petrol.

Better to be working on making that into good racing!