Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 21 Jul 2019, 19:46 (Ref:3918750)   #176
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Hello everyone, I hope that someone can help? A very good friend of mine was hoping to race his freshly prepared Mustang at The Classic next weekend. Unfortunately he has a problem and may not be able to compete. He sent me a text last night saying that he urgently needs a gearbox, A Richmond Super T-10 synchro version apparently (it means nothing to me!).
If anyone knows the whereabouts of one he can buy, rent or borrow for the weekend, please PM me the details and I will pass the info onto him.
Thanks in advance, (I'm just testing the power of Ten-Tenths)
Haven't a clue tbh but I put some links below.They may help.Hope he gets what he requires.

https://www.gearboxman.co.uk/richmond-super-t10/

http://www.parkplaceautomotiveinc.co...nd-super-t-10/

You'll probably get a lot better help but I thought I'd do something.
Old 22 Jul 2019, 04:41 (Ref:3918782)   #177
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
We used Andy Robinson Race cars for any work on our T10 box . Just outside Reading . Very clever and a great bloke .

http://www.robinson-race-cars.co/

Last edited by Mike Bell; 22 Jul 2019 at 05:27. Reason: Link added...
Old 22 Jul 2019, 05:30 (Ref:3918783)   #178
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Fingers crossed for your friend, Viva. Needing a gearbox could be more of a challenge than fixing a gearbox...
Old 22 Jul 2019, 06:39 (Ref:3918788)   #179
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willmaz223 View Post
Haven't a clue tbh but I put some links below.They may help.Hope he gets what he requires.

https://www.gearboxman.co.uk/richmond-super-t10/

http://www.parkplaceautomotiveinc.co...nd-super-t-10/

You'll probably get a lot better help but I thought I'd do something.
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
We used Andy Robinson Race cars for any work on our T10 box . Just outside Reading . Very clever and a great bloke .

http://www.robinson-race-cars.co/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Fingers crossed for your friend, Viva. Needing a gearbox could be more of a challenge than fixing a gearbox...
Thanks for all your help guys, I will pas this all on.
If anyone else has any ideas, please let me know.
Old 22 Jul 2019, 07:30 (Ref:3918798)   #180
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there any Thundersports Entry List to view?

4 days to go.
Old 22 Jul 2019, 15:45 (Ref:3918850)   #181
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
A quick update on my mate & his Mustang. He has bought a new gearbox this afternoon but is still claiming 'there's lots more to do' but hopefully he'll stop making excuses & get the 'things' done and will be there for the weekend.
Thanks again for all your helpful recommendations.
Old 22 Jul 2019, 16:38 (Ref:3918866)   #182
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
A quick update on my mate & his Mustang. He has bought a new gearbox this afternoon but is still claiming 'there's lots more to do' but hopefully he'll stop making excuses & get the 'things' done and will be there for the weekend.
Thanks again for all your helpful recommendations.
A race car is never ready until it starts the race- always something to do.....

Hope the car makes it!
Old 22 Jul 2019, 16:43 (Ref:3918868)   #183
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Indeed.

Just had a mail from Masters. Seems thee are some competitors who appear to be able to switch between MSD rev limiters. There must be some very sad people out there who need to spend that dosh on "cheating".
Old 22 Jul 2019, 16:49 (Ref:3918869)   #184
Willmaz223
Veteran

Great to see Ric Wood will be debuting his newly rebuit R32 Godzilla Skyline.Another one of my favourite cars.
Old 22 Jul 2019, 17:12 (Ref:3918874)   #185
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Indeed.

Just had a mail from Masters. Seems thee are some competitors who appear to be able to switch between MSD rev limiters. There must be some very sad people out there who need to spend that dosh on "cheating".
Yes, that’s pretty desperate.....

Oh, and I’ll remember to scrub up before going into their hostility tent- or we’ll be back to the old days of ‘no mechanics and no torn shorts’........
Old 22 Jul 2019, 17:47 (Ref:3918877)   #186
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markwest View Post
Where are you seeing the club websites Mike??
Sorry. Missed your post

Try www.mastershistoricracing.com, www.motorracinglegends.com and www.hgpca.net

www.hscc.org.uk normally post entries but have not yet done so for the Classic

All these sites are great for calendars, news, entries and results
Old 23 Jul 2019, 08:09 (Ref:3918968)   #187
Simon Hadfield
Veteran

Simon Hadfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSimon Hadfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this a new attempt at the shortest practice session known to man? 0932 to 0959 for the two driver Woodcote and Stirling Moss Trophy combined race practice. At around 2 minutes 30 a lap that’s a whole 8 laps if you are one of the first out and do all of the session. Ah, but you have to change drivers, so probably a whole 3 laps each. On the Grand Prix circuit. With a huge range of speeds and abilities. Really, really hope there is no red flag. Whoop de do Basil.........

In all seriousness MSUK should mandate as a minimum the time for three full flying laps per driver, plus out and in laps. But then is the requirement for three laps actually taken seriously these days?

Last edited by Simon Hadfield; 23 Jul 2019 at 08:16.
Old 23 Jul 2019, 09:34 (Ref:3918980)   #188
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Hadfield View Post
Is this a new attempt at the shortest practice session known to man? 0932 to 0959 for the two driver Woodcote and Stirling Moss Trophy combined race practice. At around 2 minutes 30 a lap that’s a whole 8 laps if you are one of the first out and do all of the session. Ah, but you have to change drivers, so probably a whole 3 laps each. On the Grand Prix circuit. With a huge range of speeds and abilities. Really, really hope there is no red flag. Whoop de do Basil.........

In all seriousness MSUK should mandate as a minimum the time for three full flying laps per driver, plus out and in laps. But then is the requirement for three laps actually taken seriously these days?
Would be even worse if it was a bit inclement which is looking quite likely at the moment.
Old 23 Jul 2019, 09:41 (Ref:3918982)   #189
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm not entirely certain anyone takes the three laps rule seriously these days. I guess they try to only apply it to new drivers.
Old 23 Jul 2019, 11:24 (Ref:3918994)   #190
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I'm not entirely certain anyone takes the three laps rule seriously these days. I guess they try to only apply it to new drivers.
Yes, depends on the driver, but I agree with Simon’s comments. Not the first time at the Classic.....

As for the weather, amazing how forecast has changed! But Friday qualifying looks dry, according to the Beeb.....
Old 23 Jul 2019, 11:28 (Ref:3918995)   #191
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Yup I'm getting dry on Friday and Sunday on Weather Underground.
Old 23 Jul 2019, 12:16 (Ref:3919007)   #192
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
A shame if it happens like that as was hoping to spend a lot of Saturday looking round.... Checking the pressure chart prediction, I’m hoping the forecast is pessimistic!

Going back to qualifying sessions, the longest Masters Q is 30 mins (HF1 and Sports Cars, latter of which can be two drivers), others are 27 mins- same as MRL and for two drivers- and Mini is 18 minutes........ What happens when organisers try and cram as much in as possible, maybe too much!
Old 23 Jul 2019, 12:32 (Ref:3919012)   #193
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
I've just checked the weather forecast for the weekend. As of now it looks like I'll need waterproof suntan lotion and a jumper!
Old 23 Jul 2019, 13:04 (Ref:3919023)   #194
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
I've just checked the weather forecast for the weekend. As of now it looks like I'll need waterproof suntan lotion and a jumper!
If it’s any consolation it’s been like that in better places than Sillystone this season! (No offence to the Towcester area, which does have some stunning countryside...)
Old 23 Jul 2019, 13:13 (Ref:3919026)   #195
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
If it’s any consolation it’s been like that in better places than Sillystone this season! (No offence to the Towcester area, which does have some stunning countryside...)
No worries Mike. It won't be the first time I've been cold & wet at Silverstone, it's just a bit galling to be so hot just a few days before...
Old 23 Jul 2019, 15:12 (Ref:3919038)   #196
Willmaz223
Veteran

It is a little annoying.Wish the forecast could be more consistent.

Met Office says mostly dry with some rain Saturday.

BBC says complete armageddon Saturday with some on Sunday.

Annoying.Hope most cars will turn up.Race is another thing.Would be a shame if it does rain on Sat Evening.All the hype over the Endurance Legends and the Speed 8 which If I'm correct doesn't race in the rain.

Anyway enough of me winging..
Old 23 Jul 2019, 17:11 (Ref:3919048)   #197
Willmaz223
Veteran

Cracking Thundersports Grid.44 Cars.

3 Can Am cars being the M8F,717 and T310.

Seems like persevering with the series and rebranding it has certainly paid dividens.
Old 23 Jul 2019, 21:00 (Ref:3919093)   #198
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Actually quite looking forward to the two days racing. Packing every clothing option - as usual for Silverstone !

Will be taking photos, as usual
Old 24 Jul 2019, 04:34 (Ref:3919134)   #199
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Yes me too. Pop over to BBQ Friday eve Dave .
Old 24 Jul 2019, 04:53 (Ref:3919135)   #200
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
See you there although we are running out of the International Pits. We are in 19 if anyone wants to pop along. Will of course be up to see the HTCC qual and race.