Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 24 Mar 2008, 18:22 (Ref:2160440)   #1
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
TSL, formerly MST Rant

Warning, what follows is a rant and does not necessarily represent the opinions of Ten-Tenths.
(To be honest, it probably doesn't even represent the opinions of the poster when they aren't ranting.)

I have been looking at the Timing Solutions website today (why is everything a solution nowadays?) for times from the DNM races at Brands and the MGCC races at Donington.
As happened last year there is no "just after the event" times but the same old .pdf booklets as and when they remember or can be arsed to put them up. So at the moment there is nothing on the site for the last DNM race at Brands and nothing at all for the MGCC event.
Their new website therefore is no better than last year's abortion, I just wonder if it will improve over the coming months or stay the same, somehow I suspect the same.
All this considering we still have to provide our own transponders to make their job easier and supposedly quicker.

We now return you to our normal ramblings.
Old 24 Mar 2008, 20:38 (Ref:2160558)   #2
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I admit I didn't look at the results until about an hour ago, but the meetings I was interested in the info for [both BARC, Thruxton and Brands and the F3 / GT meeting at Oulton] had all the info up. I agree if you were waiting though the pdf booklets are annoying. FWIW I prefer the layout of this years website.

Sorry, hope what you want is up, but I'll go now....
Old 24 Mar 2008, 22:06 (Ref:2160662)   #3
Day
Rookie

United Kingdom
Hampshire
Day should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with everything the OP has said.
Quite disappointed after being spoilt by MST in the past.
Old 25 Mar 2008, 07:54 (Ref:2160866)   #4
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I looked up the Combe results last night and all I got was the timetable! Dunno if they are up yet I will pop in now and have a look.

Nope sod all, does one get the impression they have our money so thats it like it or lump it, bettings on how long it will be before we have to buy new transponders?

Last edited by Al Weyman; 25 Mar 2008 at 07:57.
Old 25 Mar 2008, 08:21 (Ref:2160885)   #5
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I thought the results being up within a couple of hours of the meeting finishing was ok to be honest....but if Combe isn't up by now, then that is poor, guess I was just lucky!
Old 26 Mar 2008, 03:54 (Ref:2161743)   #6
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Combe results still not up.. poor. However, Porsche Cup testing times from yesterday arrived the moment the sessions finished. That tells you everything.

Even the local (and very small) series' here in Dubai have a webpage that outperforms anything back in the UK (internet here is still hit and miss).
Old 28 Mar 2008, 16:20 (Ref:2163967)   #7
Alan Brown
Racer

Alan Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still no CC results

Another couple of days and there are no Castle Combe results. To add insult to injury, their online contact system keeps rejecting my efforts to send a query.

"Not gruntled."
Old 28 Mar 2008, 16:36 (Ref:2163980)   #8
Stacy
Veteran

Australia
Stacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStacy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.tsl-timing.com/ccrc/2008/81368.pdf
Old 28 Mar 2008, 16:59 (Ref:2163995)   #9
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Doesn't it depend on what the organising club has paid for? If they pay for immediate on line, they get immediate on line, if they haven't the results go up later and if they haven't paid for them to be published then they don't get published?

Worth asking the organising club what service level agreement they had for an individual meeting.