Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Dec 2018, 08:23 (Ref:3873105)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
CROIX EN TERNOIS

The 500cc F3 cars guest. Less than 100km from Calais, so hardly a long haul...
Old 2 Jul 2019, 20:39 (Ref:3915551)   #2
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Guess its only me from tenths making this trip. What about you Gerrard.
Old 3 Jul 2019, 04:36 (Ref:3915598)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Mmm, will be passing just to the south on Monday! Should have arranged to leave a day earlier, especially if Gerard is making an appearance.

timetable here..... https://www.circuitdecroix.com/wp-co...DC-2019-V4.pdf
Old 3 Jul 2019, 06:57 (Ref:3915609)   #4
SJWBallistic
Rookie

SJWBallistic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have fun Iain
For various reasons I could not make this one. Dad will be there in the Flash Special.
See you soon
Stuart
Old 3 Jul 2019, 13:14 (Ref:3915684)   #5
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Great little circuit with toilets 100 times worse than Santa Pod
Old 3 Jul 2019, 15:57 (Ref:3915704)   #6
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Sorry will be heading south, Nogaro testing an MX5. Not too much excited by the car but good to meet mates… The comment about toilets could be true I'm afraid! I'll send a txt to John E right away to know about his venue.
Old 3 Jul 2019, 17:57 (Ref:3915728)   #7
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
I drove past Croix last year and it looked all spruced up and rebuilt, must have had some new investment?
Old 3 Jul 2019, 18:24 (Ref:3915733)   #8
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
I drove past Croix last year and it looked all spruced up and rebuilt, must have had some new investment?
But will that have included new loos? Depends on priorities, I guess!

We await delta’s confirmation yes or no.....
Old 4 Jul 2019, 15:42 (Ref:3915877)   #9
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
Absolutely right, David. You can now happily make weewee on the baraque Ã* frites walls and not been caught by the police! if this not an improvement. Let Mike talk about this, he's the official spokesman for french toilets!
Old 4 Jul 2019, 16:29 (Ref:3915879)   #10
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just hope I don’t have to much work . I would like to get outvon my bike Saturday evening
Old 4 Jul 2019, 17:07 (Ref:3915885)   #11
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I know you will appreciate people of this area, the ambiance in the local pubs is so much friendly. Same thing at the track, spectators are wonderful. No doubt you will enjoy it. Local beers are good, you can taste what is called "ficelle picarde" a kind of rolled pancake with sauce. All my roots are there, I'm a Picard from baie de Somme area. We are not the most clever people but we're straight and speak our truth. A word given is for ever. C'est la vie!
Old 4 Jul 2019, 17:08 (Ref:3915886)   #12
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Just take care on the roads any Sat evening… The beer is so good!
Old 4 Jul 2019, 17:49 (Ref:3915893)   #13
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I know you will appreciate people of this area, the ambiance in the local pubs is so much friendly. Same thing at the track, spectators are wonderful. No doubt you will enjoy it. Local beers are good, you can taste what is called "ficelle picarde" a kind of rolled pancake with sauce. All my roots are there, I'm a Picard from baie de Somme area. We are not the most clever people but we're straight and speak our truth. A word given is for ever. C'est la vie!
When we were there the organisers laid on a lovely meal, with wine included, in the circuit cafe on the Saturday evening, I vaguely remember negotiating my way back to the Lion Dor in the Jaguar, I think Eric was steering and I had the pedals
Old 4 Jul 2019, 17:54 (Ref:3915894)   #14
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
'C on guys, would love to push a thread about Croix en Ternois near Arras going beyond the first page!
Name is Grand Prix Historique Auto du Pas de Calais, time table here:
https://www.circuitdecroix.com/wp-co...DC-2019-V5.pdf

Delta if you need anything just ask, you must remember Alain Goupy, responsible for Asavé I think he was scrutiner at Monaco when you drove the Assegai. I can PM his phone number, he "thinks" he can speak English!
Old 5 Jul 2019, 05:10 (Ref:3915969)   #15
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
I vaguely remember negotiating my way back to the Lion Dor in the Jaguar, I think Eric was steering and I had the pedals
My souvenirs are very clear about this place I fear. After a very busy sat night in discothèque of Arras just had time for a shower in the hotel. One of my mate was CoC he knocked at the door of my Bertone to wake me up cose I was sleeping right in the middle of the dummy grid!!!
Old 5 Jul 2019, 05:21 (Ref:3915972)   #16
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
My souvenirs are very clear about this place I fear. After a very busy sat night in discothèque of Arras just had time for a shower in the hotel. One of my mate was CoC he knocked at the door of my Bertone to wake me up cose I was sleeping right in the middle of the dummy grid!!!
Sounds like proper club racing!
Old 5 Jul 2019, 07:20 (Ref:3915980)   #17
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Sure it does! Same day, same mate telling me I spent one large part of the night dancing with the former circuit owner's daughter. Those people do know bout warm welcome… May be Tim and I met there before, who knows what can happen at Croix? Yes, happy days!
Old 5 Jul 2019, 18:51 (Ref:3916052)   #18
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Oops weather forecast not so good for Sunday morning, few showers expected. Sunny Saturday with 27°, only 20° on Sunday. Have fun and be safe.
Old 6 Jul 2019, 05:18 (Ref:3916085)   #19
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Up at 2 am . Now at Dover and the lady in check in booth says “any fuel on board “. No no no I’ve just got 100 litres of methanol . 🤨
Old 6 Jul 2019, 10:34 (Ref:3916117)   #20
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
This place has changed since I was last here back in the early 90’s. Yes very smart and with nice sit on Loo’s. Everyone very nice and friendly .
Old 6 Jul 2019, 10:59 (Ref:3916123)   #21
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Sure we are nice and friendly. Northerners have in their heart the sun and warmth whatever the weather outside! "Les gens du Nord ont dans le coeur le soleil qu'on ne voit pas dehors…"
Take care in the long left curve behind the pits…
Old 6 Jul 2019, 12:21 (Ref:3916133)   #22
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Sure we are nice and friendly. Northerners have in their heart the sun and warmth whatever the weather outside! "Les gens du Nord ont dans le coeur le soleil qu'on ne voit pas dehors…"
Take care in the long left curve behind the pits…
Just spanner’s for me this weekend .
Old 6 Jul 2019, 14:15 (Ref:3916149)   #23
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Up at 2 am . Now at Dover and the lady in check in booth says “any fuel on board “. No no no I’ve just got 100 litres of methanol . ��

Menthol surely?

Much less of a concern to anyone and clearly an unfortunate slip of the the Re-writer tool if there was any error.
Old 6 Jul 2019, 15:38 (Ref:3916153)   #24
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Menthol, methanol, white glue there's nothing like the smell of castor oil in the morning! I guess many here used R30 or R40. A real pain when you had to drain it when hot… I remember Michel Rougerie mechanic taking care of his CB77 at Montlhéry moons ago!
Old 6 Jul 2019, 15:50 (Ref:3916157)   #25
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Iain, how are your boys? Good Qualy? Do you have cars in the two grids, meaning four races during the weekend?