Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 May 2019, 18:54 (Ref:3906805)   #1
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fiat Chrysler/Renault Merger. F1 impact?

So Fiat Chrysler and Renault are looking to merge...

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-f...-idUSKCN1SX0DI

I am curious as to thoughts regarding the impact to F1. Renault owns their team while Alfa Romeo (a Fiat brand) doesn't own their team, but rather is a technical and commercial partner with Sauber (owned by Longbow).

While Red Bull owns both Red Bull Racing and Scuderia Toro Rosso, it's not exactly common these days for a single entity to operate two entries in the F1 championship. I don't have particularly strong opinion on this, but thought it's potential impact on F1 might be worth a discussion.

Webber to ... whatever this beast will be named?

Richard
Old 29 May 2019, 19:08 (Ref:3906815)   #2
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't think it would have much impact, as you said it's a naming exercise and not a real "factory" team for Alfa(Sauber). Now the future of Renault/Nissan and their push to electrify everything they touched seemed to be a bit out of touch with F1 but they've stayed so far.

And do we really want to buy cars with the best of Fiat/Chrysler/Renault? That doesn't bring back good memories of cars of the 80s, at least in the US.
Old 30 May 2019, 00:55 (Ref:3906863)   #3
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I don't think it would have much impact, as you said it's a naming exercise and not a real "factory" team for Alfa(Sauber). Now the future of Renault/Nissan and their push to electrify everything they touched seemed to be a bit out of touch with F1 but they've stayed so far.

And do we really want to buy cars with the best of Fiat/Chrysler/Renault? That doesn't bring back good memories of cars of the 80s, at least in the US.
Having had personal experience with all three of those brands, I will go a long way to avoid further experience with any of them!
Old 30 May 2019, 01:18 (Ref:3906866)   #4
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Having had personal experience with all three of those brands, I will go a long way to avoid further experience with any of them!
So far my American truck with an Italian engine and German transmission has done well so I can't complain too much but adding French in seems like asking the English to do my wiring, too many things can go wrong.
Old 30 May 2019, 19:07 (Ref:3907027)   #5
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Is there any logical reason to run 2 factory teams?I expect we could see consolidation of the PU departments and camcovers featuring the brands they wish to promote.Given the history and heritage,I would expect something like Ferrari becoming Red Bull to Renault's Toro Rosso.The customers would offset the cost of the PU development.
Old 30 May 2019, 19:19 (Ref:3907029)   #6
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
This deal is still at an early stage and although i can see some cooperation i can't see a full merger getting clearance from all the regulatory bodies involved
Old 6 Jun 2019, 16:19 (Ref:3908301)   #7
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And... it explodes.

Deal apparently fell apart quickly. This article seems to sum up the current level of finger pointing...

https://jalopnik.com/what-the-hell-h...sle-1835295448

I guess the impact to F1 is none!

Richard
Old 6 Jun 2019, 16:55 (Ref:3908306)   #8
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
they didnt quote the part where Renault shifts the blame to Red Bull!
Old 6 Jun 2019, 17:47 (Ref:3908316)   #9
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
No surprise really