Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 27 Jun 2003, 06:39 (Ref:644373)   #1
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Neglected Formulae/Championships

Does anybody have any thoughts on which forumulae or championship has a raw deal when it comes to photographs in the media (or photos in general on a web site for example)
Who is being undeservedly neglected?
Old 27 Jun 2003, 12:56 (Ref:644724)   #2
formulafordster
Racer

formulafordster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FF1600, although I do appear on your website!
Old 27 Jun 2003, 13:00 (Ref:644731)   #3
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mallory I assume which one is you
Old 27 Jun 2003, 13:27 (Ref:644753)   #4
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just about every series bar F1 comes into this catagory I would think?
Old 27 Jun 2003, 13:40 (Ref:644767)   #5
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
Really?
I think the F3, GT's and Touring Cars get their fair share of snappers, F Renault too

Last edited by PaulSands; 27 Jun 2003 at 13:43.
Old 27 Jun 2003, 14:55 (Ref:644860)   #6
Alx
Racer

United Kingdom
The World Where I Live
Alx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by PaulSands
Really?
I think the F3, GT's and Touring Cars get their fair share of snappers, F Renault too
I think the pro companies like Sutton/LAT etc do take a lot of these, but unfortunately, unlike F1, you don't really get to see many of them, other than the published pics.

Maybe it's just me, but I struggle to find the same quality of photos of other single seaters than F1 - though it is getting much better - and I don't usually have the time to hunt around for the stuff I;m less bothered about - on the web that is.

F3 photos are however, becoming much much easier to find - but definitely not enough FFord pics - especially not of the Festival.
Old 27 Jun 2003, 14:59 (Ref:644868)   #7
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
Is the Festival just a one day event now or does it cover the whole weekend...for my sins I have never been to one (I know I know) but might correct that this year
Old 27 Jun 2003, 16:48 (Ref:644946)   #8
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by PaulSands
Is the Festival just a one day event now or does it cover the whole weekend...for my sins I have never been to one (I know I know) but might correct that this year
Seems to be down for 3 days 17-19 October.I might just make it myself this year,having not been for over 10yrs,though I went to the first 4 at Snetterton.
Old 28 Jun 2003, 09:30 (Ref:645336)   #9
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Unfortunately the main Festival contest is not what it was. Not enough Zetecs around unfortunately. However - the addition of a seperate trophy race with heats for Kent FF1600s plus classic & historic FF at the meeting certainly makes up for it. Bring back 1600s!!
Old 28 Jun 2003, 10:12 (Ref:645350)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The CTCRC tends to be overshadowed by anything which is racing at the same circuit. We can have blinding races with close finishes and someone in a FF2000 who lead from start to a 30 secs finish gets pictured.

Go figure.
Old 28 Jun 2003, 16:42 (Ref:645511)   #11
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just about all of them except F1 and Cart in Canada...
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 19 Jul 2003, 00:18 (Ref:665363)   #12
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To be honest id say series like FIA GT, ALMS, CART, F3, F3000 etc are all pretty well covered. I can normally find at least 100 photos per event for any one of the series I mentioned. Its just a matter of knowing where to look really, personally I find places like motorsport.com fiagt.com f3000.com or one of the series related websites and they normally have a wide selection of picutres.

Of course if u go down into the realms of club level racing those series arent as well covered obviously. But the vast majority of series out there I belive u can find recent photos for.
Old 19 Jul 2003, 01:11 (Ref:665382)   #13
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
all the smaller formula are neglected- Formula 500 and Formula Vee, even the US Spec racers, and C spec Racers- but they are smaller series even if Fvee and FF and F500 have thousands of drivers
but this goes without saying, club events are neglected.