Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 2 Aug 2020, 11:19 (Ref:3992259)   #916
Aysedasi
Oh well.....
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I daresay the Beeb are working now on how they can portray it as negatively as possible.....
Old 2 Aug 2020, 11:29 (Ref:3992260)   #917
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't think any of our news outlets are particularly unbiased or reliable now lol. I'm a lefty and even I can't stand the Guardian.
Old 2 Aug 2020, 11:43 (Ref:3992265)   #918
Aysedasi
Oh well.....
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah, you're right there. Sadly the last few months have shown the appalling state of journalism in this country...
Old 2 Aug 2020, 11:57 (Ref:3992271)   #919
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yeah, you're right there. Sadly the last few months have shown the appalling state of journalism in this country...
Unfortunately the recent social distancing has meant that the media in general only ever meet/talk to other media so therefore they all merge into one bloob as far removed from ordinary people as they ever were. rant over back to motor racing, currently enjoying the BTCC meet great to watch real racing again.
Old 4 Aug 2020, 06:24 (Ref:3992813)   #920
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!midgetman is going for a new world record!
I think loads of these stories are floated by "a source close to government" to test the water. They never see the light of day in the real world, having seen the reaction of the public/experts outside the usual inner circle etc.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 4 Aug 2020, 08:11 (Ref:3992829)   #921
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I think loads of these stories are floated by "a source close to government" to test the water. They never see the light of day in the real world, having seen the reaction of the public/experts outside the usual inner circle etc.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
You mean "out of focus groups."
In the current circumstances, we need to do all we can to help local businesses. With this in mind I suggest we all schedule our visits to the pub so we can keep the 2m social distancing and whilst there get completely slamied for two hours before handing over to the next shift.

It probably won't stop the virus but nobody would care.
Old 4 Aug 2020, 09:16 (Ref:3992846)   #922
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Doomy speculation post - please ignore if possitive mindset is wished to be kept

Infection numbers are starting to grow here in Denmark again, nothing out of control, but still quite alarming.
Many of these increases are believed to originate from social events, which has been part of the reopening of the danish community.

Looking at the sporting events of the fall, quite a few events starts before Le Mans. If these events leads to a more dramatic increase is COVID-19 spread, I fear that Le Mans will be one of the first events to get the axe. This is due to the amount of spectators, the origin of the spectators and that it is ~one month after the first big rescheduled events.

The right to close this years 24h of Le Mans for spectators therefore seem quite likely - unless the european population gets their head together again and keep safe distances...
Old 4 Aug 2020, 10:16 (Ref:3992860)   #923
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sadly I agree.

I'm not sure there will any scientific reasoning around any decision, it will be purely political, does France want to be seen to be 'open for business/tourism' or doing something/anything to prevent the virus spreading.
Old 4 Aug 2020, 10:56 (Ref:3992869)   #924
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have just been told that the map of the villages which has been shared on here is still provisional and confirmation of arrangements by the ACO will be made on or just after 17th August, which is when the French government will announce what is allowed for gatherings going forward into September. So we can expect more clarity after 17th August and those dealing direct with the ACO are unlikely to hear before then.

I have been able to change camp site to keep my booked grandstand ( subject to any future changes) and so will join the Court of the Crimson King this year

Sean Cullen
Old 4 Aug 2020, 12:27 (Ref:3992892)   #925
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yes all still keeping fingers crossed for the next 2 weeks, but like most here i am beginning to have less confidence that all will be ok.
Old 4 Aug 2020, 14:31 (Ref:3992935)   #926
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm just trying not to get my hopes up so I can be Pleasantly Surprised if we are allowed to attend rather than being Disappointed if I have to watch from my sofa.
Old 4 Aug 2020, 15:32 (Ref:3992955)   #927
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Angers and Tours are back to green (low)
Le Mans is still in vigilance
Laval (Dép. of Mayenne) is still on alert but the rate of positive tests has felt from 95 to 55 for 100,000 persons.
Old 4 Aug 2020, 16:41 (Ref:3992971)   #928
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
Angers and Tours are back to green (low)
Le Mans is still in vigilance
Laval (Dép. of Mayenne) is still on alert but the rate of positive tests has felt from 95 to 55 for 100,000 persons.
Pascal, you are right but pay attention to the data. The situation is evolving day by day. Due to the proximity with the departement "La Mayenne" we could have a different situation in a few days. Or not. I am trying to avoid speculating in the covid data .
Old 4 Aug 2020, 16:46 (Ref:3992972)   #929
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And I am just reading that 4 people have been admitted in intensive care today.
No more people had been in this situation for weeks!
Day by day.............
Old 4 Aug 2020, 17:49 (Ref:3992976)   #930
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Pascal, you are right but pay attention to the data. The situation is evolving day by day. Due to the proximity with the departement "La Mayenne" we could have a different situation in a few days. Or not. I am trying to avoid speculating in the covid data .
I cannot find more updated and accurate data.
I hope we won't be at the same rate than in Spain before the 6 next weeks : 5700 more cases today.