Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Apr 2005, 14:26 (Ref:1276384)   #1
buza
Racer

Australia
Warragul Australia
buza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TD Hear We Go Again

Just watching sports tonight it is reported that Will Davison is looking a legal action after been over looked for this weekend's NZ round of the championship it will be interesting to see how this pan's out after TD previous experience
Old 12 Apr 2005, 19:59 (Ref:1276610)   #2
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was the legal proceedings Jason Richards brought against the team still outstanding?
Old 12 Apr 2005, 20:19 (Ref:1276619)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This was reported some weeks ago...

From RaceNews:

WILL DAVISON RACING
18 Mar 05
WILL DAVISON OUT OF CLIPSAL 500 DRIVE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Will Davison will not be competing for Team Dynamik at this weekends Clipsal 500 in Adelaide after the Team failed to provide a car for him under its one remaining licence and despite the existence of a two year contract signed between the parties in August 2004 covering the 2005/06 seasons.

Davison was actively pursued to sign for the team from early 2004 and was given specific undertakings in that there was sufficient funding to run two cars competitively during extended contractual negotiations last year and was working closely with Simon Wills and team personnel, to ensure that the team was competitive throughout the 2005 season.

“To say I am disappointed would be an understatement” Davison said. After hearing of the sale of one of its licences before the Grand Prix, we were again given assurances that our contract would be honoured. “I feel I did a solid first up job at Albert Park, particularly as I had not driven a V8 since Bathurst. The last race car I drove was the Minardi F1 in November. Having reviewed the replays of the Grand Prix support races I felt it was the first bit of positive publicity the team had received in a long time and couldn’t wait for the season to get underway this weekend”.

“Tony Longhurst seemed to be reasonably impressed with my performances at Albert Park and together with Kieran Wills approached us about the possibility of Tony becoming involved in my career and running under his newly acquired licence in the future. This in turn would enable Simon Wills to resume his seat in Dynamik entered car. We indicated that we would be prepared to consider such a proposition and invited Tony to put some discussion points on paper for consideration.”

“Tony was unable to get anything to us to look at prior to Tuesday this week and required an immediate answer. Although enthusiastic about the concept of his proposals, they have far-reaching and long-term implications on my career and require a great deal of consideration and discussion, so any immediate commitment was out of the question. We did offer to drive under the Longhurst licence this weekend with negotiations continuing in the background, however Tony chose to enter Max Wilson under his licence which is clearly his prerogative.”

“We have no issues what so ever with Tony Longhurst and I feel honored that he has shown such an interest in becoming involved in my career. There were never any undertakings given in this respect, simply a willingness to explore the possibilities.”

“Our contract is with Team Dynamik and they have clear responsibilities to provide us with a car for every race over 2005 and 2006 and their failure to do so has far reaching implications. We will consider our position with our advisors over the coming days before deciding what course of action we will take. Unfortunately the team has declined to even officially advise me that I am not driving their entry this weekend and up until first practice began I remained ready and able to do so.”

“All the guys in the team have sweated blood over the past couple weeks to get the car perfect for me in every respect for this race. To see it all being ripped apart yesterday was pretty gut wrenching for all of us.”

“My decision to return from Europe and race V8’s was largely influenced by Team Dynamik’s perseverance to sign me so this comes as a pretty big slap in the face. However I have now fallen in love with this category and believe it to be one of the best series in the world and I am determined to be back in the championship as soon as possible.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 13 Apr 2005, 01:21 (Ref:1276771)   #4
lowndes6
Racer

lowndes6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope Will takes them to the cleaners
Old 13 Apr 2005, 01:36 (Ref:1276774)   #5
Joe5619
Veteran

Joe5619 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This team are complete w&nkers!!!! If the managment of this team is reading, do us all a favour... Sell up & go back to the whole you come from...

I can't believe they did not even tell Will he was not driving at Clipsal... Just not good enough TD!!!
Old 13 Apr 2005, 02:39 (Ref:1276787)   #6
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
ozrevhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
great....

we are offically screwed

Old 13 Apr 2005, 03:07 (Ref:1276794)   #7
Phase3
Veteran

Australia
Always Amazing, Ever Changing Gold Coast
Phase3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought the Wilson deal with Longhurst was for Adelaide only, and Will Davison was having ongoing talks with no balony for the rest of the season......

Has Wilson been confirmed for unzed? and is there any permanancy about TL's driver?
Old 13 Apr 2005, 03:35 (Ref:1276802)   #8
lowndes6
Racer

I was sure too Wilsons deal was for Clipsal only
Old 13 Apr 2005, 03:47 (Ref:1276807)   #9
James63
Veteran

Australia
Q
James63 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wilson will be doin the entire season.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 03:50 (Ref:1276809)   #10
dynamik gal
Racer

Netherlands
F1 Melbourne, Australia
dynamik gal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought Will's negotiations were with Tony Longhurst, not TD, therefore any legal action will be against the owner of the second franchise/car/whatever, which would be Longhurst and nothing to do with TD now that part of their team/licence was handed over/sold whatever the deal was?? Did Will sign the contract?
Old 13 Apr 2005, 04:02 (Ref:1276820)   #11
aj_308
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
aj_308 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they were, but didn't he have a binding contract with TD, that they failed to comply with?
I thought this was the reason for the legal preceedings.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 04:08 (Ref:1276823)   #12
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Wills must have the lawyers on speed-dial lately....
Old 13 Apr 2005, 04:09 (Ref:1276824)   #13
dynamik gal
Racer

Netherlands
F1 Melbourne, Australia
dynamik gal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Contracts are very fickle things, and living in the world of lawyers there are so many variables within them its not funny!
Old 13 Apr 2005, 04:38 (Ref:1276833)   #14
Spunky
Racer

Spunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will's contract was with TD, not Longhurst. TL has offered Will a contract but he wants managment rights to Will for 5 years. The Davidson's are not happy with that, so hence the legal eagles again.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 07:10 (Ref:1276873)   #15
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I find this really disparaging. I mean, if Will was offered a drive with SBR or HRT for the season, he'd have wanted to take it. Any money that Dynamik wouldn't have released him.

Shoe on the other foot - "See ya, Willy boy!". Do they need to look at a national Driver's union, such as Rugby League, to ensure that all national category drivers have their contracts honored?
Old 13 Apr 2005, 13:06 (Ref:1277150)   #16
fordfan
Rookie

fordfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Will can do the testing duties at Woomera. This team has no integrity or honour with championship results to match.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 13:31 (Ref:1277175)   #17
buza
Racer

Australia
Warragul Australia
buza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they do have the 2001 konica championship

Last edited by buza; 13 Apr 2005 at 13:32.
Old 13 Apr 2005, 21:07 (Ref:1277544)   #18
Bedford
Racer

Bedford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Neither Holden or Ford deserve to have a team like this.
I noticed the lack of Holden signage on the windscreen at Clipsal. I hope Holden has pulled all their funding from the team.
A perfect example of how not to run a V8 Team.
Old 14 Apr 2005, 00:15 (Ref:1277668)   #19
nafe!
Racer

nafe! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dynamik Girl the issue is that Mr Wills assured Will Davison that 2 cars would be fielded the entire season ensuring that Will davison would get an entire season.

Then TD went out and sold a licence, they can no longer fullfill there obligations and as such have broken the contract. There is a strong grounds for legal action by Will Davision.

What you have to understand is that WIll Davision still has strong aspirations, to a degree he compromised these to get a full time drive in V8Supercars and show people what he can do in one of, if not the most competitive series on earth. This could have given him a very strong kickboard to move up to another series.

Being sure of a full time gig he signed with the team, perhaps ignoring other oppurtunities he could have pursued. These will have now closed for at least this season.

Longhurst offered to take him on, but didnt provide an appropriate contract, and Will Davision would have been forced to accept a contract that might not have been to his benefit in the long run.

He is now left out high and dry thanks to the disgusting attitudes by a team that has shown its true form in V8supercars. Anymore remember woomera?

What half decent team would sign a driver and then sell a licence knowing full well the effect it would have. Maybe they were trying to recoup lost finance thanks to there indescretions last year, but you would have to stupid not to see that this would only make the situation worse.

From a team that started off so well, its terrible to see what they have done to Jason Richards and now Will Davision, as well as the fatal damage they have done to themselves.

At the moment he is being considered for the A1 drive for Team Australia but i cant see him getting the ride with Alan Jones running the team and his own son in the running of the team.

Will i wish you all the best, your brother and yourself are great talents and both of you show how good Australia is on the world stage. Good luck, i know somewhere an oppertunity is waiting for you out there.
Old 14 Apr 2005, 01:57 (Ref:1277699)   #20
KE30MAN
Racer

KE30MAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's a bit sad, being a South Aussie, I am ashamed of what TD has become.
Old 14 Apr 2005, 02:00 (Ref:1277701)   #21
Joe5619
Veteran

Joe5619 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nicely said Nafe!!!
Old 14 Apr 2005, 02:57 (Ref:1277705)   #22
Phase3
Veteran

Australia
Always Amazing, Ever Changing Gold Coast
Phase3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes, I agree, But does anyone know the latest on who will drive for TL's licence this season?
Old 14 Apr 2005, 03:24 (Ref:1277714)   #23
Spunky
Racer

Spunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wilson at this stage.
Old 14 Apr 2005, 06:02 (Ref:1277753)   #24
lowndes6
Racer

Yes its been confirmed that Max Wilson will drive the rest of the season for Longhurst Racing. With regards to Will i thought he had a contract with Team Dynamik so when they sold the team he should of taken Simon Wills spot.
Old 14 Apr 2005, 07:15 (Ref:1277775)   #25
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm sure Simon has a contract too - it was a matter of whose contract they allegedly broke.

Less chance of a legal challenge if you punt the son, but then the kid is out of a drive.

We can only speculate on the reasons why they did what they did.

Last edited by mac; 14 Apr 2005 at 07:16.