Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 1 Apr 2019, 20:24 (Ref:3894740)   #51
GregUK
Racer

GregUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
What do you think he means by “Laguna is not the easiest circuit for spectators, everybody knows that"?
A walk from the paddock to the Corkscrew took my breath in more ways than one.

I think I need to go to a gym.....
Old 2 Apr 2019, 07:24 (Ref:3894788)   #52
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
What do you think he means by “Laguna is not the easiest circuit for spectators, everybody knows that"?

Laguna Seca is wonderful to spectate at. Does he mean not easy to get to? That isn't true either - it's 70 miles from San Jose/San Francisco, just as easy to get to as anywhere else on the IGTC calendar (depending, of course, where you're starting from!). It's certainly easier than Bathurst!

Edited to add: I don't think 40 GT3s is a good idea at Laguna Seca. The track is only 2.2 miles long and it's twisty and narrow in parts. 40 cars would be a safety-car fest. I'd much rather see 24-28 all-pro GT3s, 30 tops.

30 GT3s would be great, I still like some class Racing in there, so maybe 6-7 GT4s too
Old 2 Apr 2019, 11:02 (Ref:3894829)   #53
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregUK View Post
A walk from the paddock to the Corkscrew took my breath in more ways than one.
But soooo worth it! And did you notice the volunteers running people around in golf carts? Just one of the ways this circuit is a pleasure to visit.
Old 3 Apr 2019, 12:42 (Ref:3895066)   #54
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I think that's meant to be read from a promoter's point of view, i.e. that getting people to go there is hard, maybe because you're up against so many other potential attractions and free time activities in the region.
Old 16 Apr 2019, 16:28 (Ref:3898021)   #55
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Pictures from Laguna Seca: https://bit.ly/2InEow8

LS is about the most photogenic circuit I have visited. Access and viewing is excellent and every corner seems to have several great angles. There are around 70 different angles/shots here, compared to 20-30 for a typical album. The first chunk of pictures were taken at the Corkscrew during qualifying, the race pics start about halfway down page 2.

(There are around 10 different angles of the epic Corkscrew alone and that's despite there being no spectator access to the outside of the track from the Corkscrew down the hill to the outside of turn 6. Btw if I ever win the lottery I'm offering a slug of cash to the owners to build a spectator path along that stretch).

Usual caveats: I'm a fan with a camera, not an accomplished photographer; I take a lot of photos so this is a big album; all pics are cropped and resized but otherwise unedited.

LS is a wonderful track in a gorgeous part of the world. This was one of the most enjoyable days of motorsport spectating I have ever had. Everyone was really helpful and friendly, the setting is gorgeous and the track is terrific. I hope to make it back next year.
Old 16 Apr 2019, 16:43 (Ref:3898031)   #56
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Great photos! That ARC Lamborghini has a distinctive livery.
Old 16 Apr 2019, 17:09 (Ref:3898042)   #57
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes thanks for the photos. Great liveries on the cars
Old 18 Apr 2019, 00:18 (Ref:3898313)   #58
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Pictures from Laguna Seca: https://bit.ly/2InEow8

Awesome pics!

Old 18 Apr 2019, 10:30 (Ref:3898367)   #59
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated. Motorsport photography gives me a lot of pleasure and has taken me to some awesome places/races. Sharing the end result with other fans makes it all the more rewarding.
Old 18 Apr 2019, 11:48 (Ref:3898379)   #60
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
No thank you for giving them. You should enjoy, you see so much. And it's great we have forums like this to share them on
Old 18 Apr 2019, 23:27 (Ref:3898472)   #61
S griffin
Veteran

It’s good we have photographers like you. And it’s great you share them on here