Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 2 May 2004, 16:17 (Ref:958686)   #1
MD2K
Rookie

MD2K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pepsi 400 & Ford 400

Hi Everyone,

I have recently moved to Florida from the UK and since watching the Daytona 500 on TV earlier this year I now want to attend some races.

I am looking at going to Pepsi 400 at Daytona & the Ford 400 in Miami. I have been onto both speedway's websites to find out about tickets but there seems to be a massive choice in seating. Can anyone make any suggestions where would be the best place to sit at both races?

Also any other suggestions or information for a newbie attending on race days would be appreciated.

Thanks,
MD2K.
Old 3 May 2004, 11:35 (Ref:959226)   #2
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have always liked the exit of Turn 4 at the big tracks, and the exit of T2 at the smaller tracks. At Daytona, I don't imagine there would be any appreciable difference in places to sit, as the cars are side-by-side for the entire lap, so there is no place more likely for overtaking than any other...

As for other advice... make sure you arrive early to take in all the sights / other activities that go on outside the track, especially for the Pepsi 400. Try to take all the food/beverage you think you will need, as it costs a small fortune to buy food at the track. It is also wise to fight the impulse to buy merchandise at the track, you can find it much cheaper online somewhere on any other day... And if you are a Jeff Gordon fan, always travel with a buddy
Old 7 May 2004, 15:29 (Ref:963579)   #3
MrSal
Racer

MrSal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I went to the Daytona 500 earlier this year and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. As far as where to sit goes I would recommend getting seats in the top half of one of the grandstands. Seats in the lower half are obviously closer to the action, but you can't see the whole track as your view of the far side of the track is obstructed.

Parking is easy and the traffic wasn't too bad at the end of the race considering the size of the crowd.

Hope you have fun!
Old 7 May 2004, 16:51 (Ref:963633)   #4
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
At some point during the Pepsi get to the fence just for a minute if the guards let you. That way you get an impression of the sheer speed.

For those who don't know, watch for rain, July in Florida is the rainy season and although it soon passes and dries it can be monsoonesque in brief patches.
Old 8 May 2004, 00:46 (Ref:963949)   #5
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ensign14
At some point during the Pepsi get to the fence just for a minute if the guards let you. That way you get an impression of the sheer speed.
You know...after seeing that firey Truck wreck along the fence back in 2000, I REALLY wouldn't recommend that!
Old 9 May 2004, 23:07 (Ref:966000)   #6
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anywhere up high on the front stretch. The higher you are up, the better view you will have of the backstretch.