Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 20 Jan 2022, 09:30 (Ref:4094542)   #176
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I actually wouldn't have minded seeing Max champ, it would have made a nice change after years of Lewis winning, but the way it was decided means it will always be a hollow title to me
ditto

If Max had run off into the distance and won, id have congratulated him on an amazing season...yes there was some flash points and driving that i didnt like, but overall they did an amazing job.

Its not who won, its how it was won....which wasnt Maxs fault, and why i cant be annoyed that he did win...
Old 20 Jan 2022, 10:02 (Ref:4094546)   #177
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Read this from back in June 21 following the Azerbaijan race.

https://www.racefans.net/2021/06/10/...er-azerbaijan/
Old 20 Jan 2022, 10:47 (Ref:4094549)   #178
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
As Adam has so eloquently said, location shouldn't have any bearing on how we post here.

As a matter of fact, I equally dislike both of the drivers we are discussing on this and multiple other threads, and I was silently cheering on Rosberg to win over Hamilton during their time together, and I am not of German-Finnish descent. I actually know about some of Hamilton's background, and although I thought that he was a breath of fresh air when he started his F1 career, I have completely changed my views on him.

So, I am not at all sorry that he failed to gain yet another WDC, but I really wish that a) it had been lost due to fair racing on the track and not because of an unfair set of circumstances not of his making and b) if it had been any other driver rather than Verstappen.

My posts on this matter have had absolutely nothing to do with the actual drivers involved, but about the way that the result came about due to interference in the way that the race was concluded by those who were not on the track.
Pretty much my view. I used to be a Hamilton fan in his early days and don't forget he was criticised then for some passing moves from a long way back. I am not a fan now as he is increasingly "entitled" and his avoidance of most award ceremonies etc is a poor show.
Old 20 Jan 2022, 11:36 (Ref:4094555)   #179
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent View Post
Pretty much my view. I used to be a Hamilton fan in his early days and don't forget he was criticised then for some passing moves from a long way back. I am not a fan now as he is increasingly "entitled" and his avoidance of most award ceremonies etc is a poor show.
entitled? this is the guy who has put millions into charities, thanks his team at every opportunity, has highlighted plenty of causes including diversity, has won awards for his social activism, paid for and has been highlighting young black and female fashion designers, has been a patron of Unicef etc etc etc

Not sure how anyone can see someone who does so much inside and outside the sport as entitled.

IIRC Lewis attends most ceremonies, but not so much SPOTY because its in his winter break and training time....he has attended in the past though, attends the Laureus awards yearly.

If you could point out which ones hes missed to back up your 'most' claim it would be appreciated though
Old 20 Jan 2022, 12:07 (Ref:4094559)   #180
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
IIRC Lewis attends most ceremonies, but not so much SPOTY because its in his winter break and training time....he has attended in the past though, attends the Laureus awards yearly.

If you could point out which ones hes missed to back up your 'most' claim it would be appreciated though
In a not too scientific search of the interwebs, 'Lewis Hamilton Award Ceremony', and excluding hits after Dec 21 (to avoid the recent FIA awards), then it suggests he attended every FIA award prior to 2021, including the last time he was beaten to WDC:

Old 20 Jan 2022, 12:15 (Ref:4094560)   #181
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
In a not too scientific search of the interwebs, 'Lewis Hamilton Award Ceremony', and excluding hits after Dec 21 (to avoid the recent FIA awards), then it suggests he attended every FIA award prior to 2021, including the last time he was beaten to WDC:

yup.....which is where i wonder the claim of missing most awards ceremonies comes from....
Old 20 Jan 2022, 12:21 (Ref:4094561)   #182
Derwent
Racer

Most notably he was not at the BGP promotional event in London a few years ago when every other driver was there. He has also appeared virtually at some when he was too "busy" elsewhere. he generally does not like meet and greets, even in his days at McLaren he let Jenson do most and then Nico at Mercedes. It may be that he is shy and prefers to communicate via Twitter!
Old 20 Jan 2022, 12:25 (Ref:4094562)   #183
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Most notably he was not at the BGP promotional event in London a few years ago when every other driver was there. He has also appeared virtually at some when he was too "busy" elsewhere. he generally does not like meet and greets, even in his days at McLaren he let Jenson do most and then Nico at Mercedes. It may be that he is shy and prefers to communicate via Twitter!
those arent awards ceremonies.....

the BGP promotional event was arranged late, he already had a prior engagment booked so couldnt attend.

Generally doesnt like meet and greets?...have you got anything to back that up? it doesnt take long to do a youtube search to see all the karting events, meet the fan events and STEM stuff hes done

Just google lewis hamilton meet and greet, click images and you will see plenty, im pretty sure crowd surfing at silverstone counts too ;-p

So entitled, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQPlyxB10XA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5moH0gXC5iQ

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...ton+meets+fans

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...amilton+awards

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...milton+charity

Last edited by ascarracinguk; 20 Jan 2022 at 12:34.
Old 20 Jan 2022, 12:36 (Ref:4094566)   #184
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Since early 2020, most events have been virtual due to C-19. Prior to that, he regularly gets involved (see image below from 2018 as example).

Maybe his perceived reluctance to attend awards ceremonies comes from the way he is criticised when he does attend, by other professional sports people?

'Joey Barton is somewhat displeased that Lewis Hamilton received the Sports Personality of the Year award yesterday.

In fact the QPR player decided it was an opportune moment to brand Hamilton a “tax exile” and bemoaned the fact he brought his dog, Roscoe, along to the awards ceremony in Glasgow.'

Old 20 Jan 2022, 12:50 (Ref:4094568)   #185
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52 View Post
I’ve got to the point where I just about discount the view of any British posts on this issue.
Even if they deny their Hamilton devotion to themselves it is always in plain view.
In case you’re wondering same with Australians and Ricciardo.

I meant to add in my previous reply to this post that immediately prior to joining this august body that I actually lived in Spain, and for all that anyone knows - apart from members that recall me from when I raced in saloons many, many moons ago - I might even be from the Netherlands and a distant relative of the Hart family who hail from that country and who, currently, very successfully race in historic machinery.

Where you come from or live mostly has no bearing on how true followers of motor sport - and I don't count the great unwashed "fans" of F1 who are without doubt extremely partisan - support all drivers, but will often want a particular driver to be successful, and he may well come from your own country.

In the fairly recent past, I admit that I cheered on Jenson Button and Damon Hill because they are both lovely guys, and the latter because I actually knew his father. I also shouted out for Jackie Stewart because I had a personal connection to him from years gone by, likewise Stirling Moss.

However, I wouldn't have slavishly defended any of them if they had transgressed.
Old 20 Jan 2022, 13:24 (Ref:4094578)   #186
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Quote:
Most notably he was not at the BGP promotional event in London a few years ago when every other driver was there. He has also appeared virtually at some when he was too "busy" elsewhere. he generally does not like meet and greets, even in his days at McLaren he let Jenson do most and then Nico at Mercedes. It may be that he is shy and prefers to communicate via Twitter!.
I like that when asked to produce evidence of Lewis "avoiding most awards ceremonies", not a single awards ceremony could be found, and to define "most" we had to go back "a few years ago", and even list awards he DID attend, but not to the extent that you'd like before you could claim this was an actual attendance.

I'd also like to ask why it's awesome that Kimi goes to nothing, but when Lewis does it it's entitled.
Old 20 Jan 2022, 14:25 (Ref:4094584)   #187
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Kimi Happy to be out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimi
A lot of things are such fake things in here. It’s good to be out. Mentally, it’s very good to be out of all that bullshit for a while.
The BS is not just within the sport either: Link
Quote:

I know a lot of things that go on, but I don’t get involved. If you get involved every day, I don’t think it’s very healthy for you.
Old 20 Jan 2022, 17:48 (Ref:4094613)   #188
Derwent
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post

I've always liked Kimi's attitude. He gives a straight answer to a stupid question.
Over the years I've been a Moss, Clark, D. Hill and Button fan and supported many others like Mark Webber who are nice guys. I rather like Vettel as being highly intelligent, keeps off social media, looks to his family and tries to be sustainable. I am hoping that George Russell will be my next hero, he seems well brought up and grounded but like so many of the youngsters has yet to develop a personality.
Old 20 Jan 2022, 18:00 (Ref:4094615)   #189
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Cool. That’s made things simple. We know your views on those drivers are now worth nothing. Still it will save you a lot of time posting. I guess it makes sense as your location checks out I imagine.

Of the current lot I’m not allowed an opinion on Vettel, Ocon and Leclerc.

Of previous drivers my views on Senna and Prost should be retracted from the site. Which is interesting. I am allowed to opine about Mansell and Piquet though. Which is annoying for me.
Old 20 Jan 2022, 18:06 (Ref:4094616)   #190
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
I've always liked Kimi's attitude. He gives a straight answer to a stupid question.
Over the years I've been a Moss, Clark, D. Hill and Button fan and supported many others like Mark Webber who are nice guys. I rather like Vettel as being highly intelligent, keeps off social media, looks to his family and tries to be sustainable. I am hoping that George Russell will be my next hero, he seems well brought up and grounded but like so many of the youngsters has yet to develop a personality.
Just for future reference, How long until you consider George Entitled?

How many award ceremonies must he miss to cross the threshold…..

..Oh wait, we’re still yet to find out….

I love kimi, was there at his first race and have always rated him, but I do often wonder if the responses he’s given to the media, were given by other drivers, if they would get a free pass or be chastised for being rude.
Old 20 Jan 2022, 21:43 (Ref:4094645)   #191
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
entitled? this is the guy who has put millions into charities, thanks his team at every opportunity, has highlighted plenty of causes including diversity, has won awards for his social activism, paid for and has been highlighting young black and female fashion designers, has been a patron of Unicef etc etc etc

Not sure how anyone can see someone who does so much inside and outside the sport as entitled.

Dude. You don't have to be Hamilton's knight in shining armour defending his honour and demanding proof for why someone doesn't like him.

People don't like him - that's their opinions, whether misinformed or not. Just let them have them?
Old 20 Jan 2022, 21:45 (Ref:4094646)   #192
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post

Guess that rules out Iceman7 joining T-T anytime soon
Old 20 Jan 2022, 22:13 (Ref:4094647)   #193
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Dude. You don't have to be Hamilton's knight in shining armour defending his honour and demanding proof for why someone doesn't like him.

People don't like him - that's their opinions, whether misinformed or not. Just let them have them?
‘Dude’

It’s a discussion forum, someone puts across their point of view and accusations and I can counter that with my own point of view, asking for evidence of their accusations to try and understand their view better and put forward evidence to counter their claims, which may or may not change their mind.

That’s kinda how discussion forums and debates work.

What was presented was an opinion that Lewis was entitled, largely based on the fact he didn’t attend awards ceremonies or meet and greets, I’ve countered that with videos to show otherwise, so I don’t think it’s too much to ask for someone to explain and discuss their opinion…..on a discussion forum

You never know, having discussed the matter and put forward evidence that Derwents opinion was misguided based on the fact that Lewis HAS attended awards ceremonies and meet n greets, that he may infact change his mind now he is more informed, or he may not….again….kinda the point of discussing things…

…now if his opinion remains the same that Lewis is utterly entitled having been presented with said information then that’s fine, but let’s just frame it as Derwant doesn’t like a driver, simply because he doesn’t rather than coming up with BS excuses to justify said opinion.

Last edited by ascarracinguk; 20 Jan 2022 at 22:19.
Old 21 Jan 2022, 00:32 (Ref:4094657)   #194
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Read this from back in June 21 following the Azerbaijan race.

https://www.racefans.net/2021/06/10/...er-azerbaijan/
Still think that a red flag should be under Parc Ferme conditions, if you need repairs or changed tyres because of damage then they must be carried out after the racing resumes and you can start from pit lane.

Azerbaijan was Nascar comes to F1 with the added jeopardy of a standing start.

P.S. I really think that Max got screwed here, they should have just declared the race when the flag was shown.

Last edited by wnut; 21 Jan 2022 at 00:51.
Old 21 Jan 2022, 00:40 (Ref:4094659)   #195
Skam85
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Still think that a red flag should be under Parc Ferme conditions, if you need repairs or changed tyres because of damage then they must be carried out after the racing resumes and you can start from pit lane.

Azerbaijan was Nascar comes to F1 with the added jeopardy of a standing start.

100% needs to be parc ferme. But I think tyres etc should be able to be changed due to safety reasons, and the damaged tyre needs to be submitted to scrutineering to prove it was unsafe. If not, post-race 20 second penalty or something.
Old 21 Jan 2022, 01:40 (Ref:4094660)   #196
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I bet there is wholesale panic within Liberty concerning the possibility that Hamilton will pull the pin and give them the finger on the way out. Hamilton staying will mean far more interest and viewers and that is why they are in F1.
Old 21 Jan 2022, 02:28 (Ref:4094661)   #197
Skam85
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I bet there is wholesale panic within Liberty concerning the possibility that Hamilton will pull the pin and give them the finger on the way out. Hamilton staying will mean far more interest and viewers and that is why they are in F1.
The sport is and always will be bigger than one driver. F1 and its fans will move on within a matter of months.

Look at what happened when Schumacher first retired.

A certain British youngster in a Mercedes powered vehicle took the sport by storm..
Old 21 Jan 2022, 02:46 (Ref:4094663)   #198
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
It might actually be the opposite. Would it be a shock to the system and will there be a specific amount of heat that the FIA and Liberty would have to take? Yes. Other than loosing his talent and his exit putting a period at the end of a specific era, it might actually be good for F1. Right or wrong, F1 has been smothered by the success of the combination of Lewis and Mercedes. I would argue the interest may be just as much if not more without him. Not anything negative toward Lewis, but it would open up and expose and answer the question of "What would F1 look like without Lewis Hamilton?"

Richard
Old 21 Jan 2022, 08:56 (Ref:4094675)   #199
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Quote:
Interesting when we're discussing Lewis being entitled that Mark Webber can be classified as a nice guy. The guy who disobeyed team orders in Silverstone and said there shouldn't be any, who then cried tears when his team mate did the same to him. The guy who made some pretty negative remarks against other series when he left F1. "Why would I want to race slow V8 supercars?" Webber is the ultimate in entitlement. He just used the word grit a lot and pretend he was hard.

Maybe Lewis just needs to be more gritty then.
Old 21 Jan 2022, 09:44 (Ref:4094681)   #200
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Interesting when we're discussing Lewis being entitled that Mark Webber can be classified as a nice guy. The guy who disobeyed team orders in Silverstone and said there shouldn't be any, who then cried tears when his team mate did the same to him. The guy who made some pretty negative remarks against other series when he left F1. "Why would I want to race slow V8 supercars?" Webber is the ultimate in entitlement. He just used the word grit a lot and pretend he was hard.

Maybe Lewis just needs to be more gritty then.
2 facts
1-You’ve obviously never met Mark Webber
2-He raced 3 years of WEC after leaving F1 so obviously had nothing against racing other series.
How many drivers leaving F1 would want to race a NASCAR wannabe series (which is what Supercars is)?
Closed Thread