Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 6 Sep 2001, 10:57 (Ref:142376)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
European BOSS Series Information Wanted

The Newsletter has had a request for coverage of the European BOSS series. Since I'm over here in Toronto, I don't know where to look for material. Does anyone know how we could get updates or press releases, or would anyone like to write updates on this series for us? Thanks for your help, all.
Old 6 Sep 2001, 13:23 (Ref:142451)   #2
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Liz,

If all else fails, you could try e-mailing Bernie Cottrell at the BRSCC head office. Bernie is the permanent clerk of the course for the UK BOSS series and may even be so for the European one as well. If not he should be able to point you in the right direction ok?
Old 6 Sep 2001, 17:47 (Ref:142565)   #3
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The EuroBOSS is a UK series,with one round at Le Mans.Try http://stephenherbert.homestead.com/files/BOSS.htm
Old 21 Sep 2001, 12:54 (Ref:149134)   #4
MichaelC
Veteran

MichaelC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From the page linked above, about two-thirds of the way down you'll see the following:

Quote:
Paul Osborn withdrew from the race after having a premonition that something would happen to him if he took part
What kind of a reason is that?!
Old 21 Sep 2001, 14:27 (Ref:149161)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
A pretty good one if he has to pay for any damage to the car!
Old 22 Sep 2001, 06:26 (Ref:149425)   #6
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Think he may have realised that he was driving a car that was too quick for him and 'bottled it'!!! I certainly would.

Plenty of big accidents in this series..

Best I've seen so far was Earl Goddard in the wet at Zolder last year, he was awesome.
Old 22 Sep 2001, 17:19 (Ref:149514)   #7
MichaelC
Veteran

MichaelC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well no-one ever said he had to drive it quickly!
Old 22 Sep 2001, 21:00 (Ref:149565)   #8
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If it ran as well as most of the cars in the series, it would have conked out after 2 laps!! That is my only gripe with the series - the complexity of the machines means that they are quite tempremental!!
Old 22 Sep 2001, 21:59 (Ref:149595)   #9
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Dan, I reckon Earl Goddard is a much under rated driver. His Dad supported hi in Boss in the old F3000 and he beat a good few of the owner/drivers of F1 machinery. It's a shame that Paul Stoddard doesn't bring his four or five Tyrrels to the BOSS meetings any more, it was starting to look like a good series a year or so ago!
Old 23 Sep 2001, 11:58 (Ref:149745)   #10
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Earl Goodard is excellent.. not sure why he doesn't spend some of the cash in another series and see how good he really is.. perhaps he's not bothered and just out there for some fun!!

I think a rather destructive race at Donnington last year ruined some cheaque books.

Nice to see Mr Bekker back with the Minardi this year, after he destroyed it (and nearly himself) at Thruxton last year.
Old 23 Sep 2001, 15:19 (Ref:149792)   #11
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
I've only seen then once this year and that was quite early on and even then the grid was pretty small. My favourite are still the TGF's but how much longer before even they start to run out of cars. It was a brilliant grid at Silverstone following the British GP, great to see so many spectators stay and watch 'real' racing cars doing their stuff.
Old 23 Sep 2001, 18:13 (Ref:149868)   #12
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan Friel
Earl Goodard is excellent.. not sure why he doesn't spend some of the cash in another series and see how good he really is.. perhaps he's not bothered and just out there for some fun!!

I think a rather destructive race at Donnington last year ruined some cheaque books.

Nice to see Mr Bekker back with the Minardi this year, after he destroyed it (and nearly himself) at Thruxton last year.
Goddard has impressed me, especially in his last two visits to Thruxton. In 1999 he finished third in a F3000 car, and the following year broke the outright lap record. Look out for a review of 'that Donington race' in next week's Newsletter.
Old 23 Sep 2001, 18:14 (Ref:149870)   #13
AndyF
Veteran

Quote:

Is it the same car that he has repaired or is it a new one??
Old 23 Sep 2001, 18:39 (Ref:149879)   #14
Lola
Veteran

England
Nr Worcester
Lola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Earl is making a very good career racing sportscars. FIA SCC or some thing.
My mate raced in boss back in 1995 and 1996 his name was Francis Philips. Had some good results until he ran out of money.
Old 23 Sep 2001, 18:49 (Ref:149886)   #15
AndyF
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Lola
quote:

Earl is making a very good career racing sportscars. FIA SCC or some thing.
My mate raced in boss back in 1995 and 1996 his name was Francis Philips. Had some good results until he ran out of money.
Yes, he got a mention in my article for the Newsletter last week. A second at the first round (Brands) in '96, and then a podium at Silverstone. Two good results - shame about the lack of money though.
Old 17 Oct 2001, 09:12 (Ref:161849)   #16
AndyF
Veteran

Does anybody know what happened at the final round at Le Mans (29th/30th Sep). I can't find the result anywhere!
Old 21 Nov 2001, 10:44 (Ref:177188)   #17
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just discovered that the Le Mans race DID take place.Won By Matthew Morlock.