Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 18 Nov 2017, 17:04 (Ref:3781294)   #51
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Sure, Tandy was late but the 86 kept left as if it was allowing the #1 through. Shouldn't have done that if it wasn't planning too.

Frankly, that's zero luck for Lotterer as a Porsche LMP1 driver.
Old 18 Nov 2017, 17:04 (Ref:3781295)   #52
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That high shot confirmed it for me - the Gulf Porsche was fully committed to the corner before the 919 was even alongside. There was no way that was going to work.

Similar to the Spa incident a few years back. But the stewards blamed the GT car for that one too, so who knows what'll happen here!
Old 18 Nov 2017, 17:04 (Ref:3781296)   #53
Oracle
Rookie

England
Oracle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting, I took that to by the GTs fault, but I'd like to see it again...

...just saw the overhead-ish shot, it was from a long way back indeed!
Old 18 Nov 2017, 17:07 (Ref:3781297)   #54
Irie
Racer

Irie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Didn't he do the same at Spa in 2015?
Old 18 Nov 2017, 17:07 (Ref:3781298)   #55
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Similar to the Spa incident a few years back. But the stewards blamed the GT car for that one too, so who knows what'll happen here!

Hmm, which one are you talking about? I can't remember it too well.
Old 18 Nov 2017, 17:08 (Ref:3781299)   #56
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Slow pit stop for the 67. It's looking more and more like a Ferrari title.

Tung back in the 38. Fast and looking like it'll be a Jota title.
Old 18 Nov 2017, 17:11 (Ref:3781300)   #57
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentley speed 8 View Post
Hmm, which one are you talking about? I can't remember it too well.
Had to do a wee google but can't find a video

Spa 2015. Tandy tried to pass Estre in the works GTE Porsche and made contact. They penalised Estre, which I never agreed with.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNyQ_mWVyZs 1 minute in.
Old 18 Nov 2017, 17:19 (Ref:3781301)   #58
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks. Very similar accident, with Tandy coming from far back. I think I agree with you there as well.
Old 18 Nov 2017, 17:21 (Ref:3781302)   #59
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
91 Porsche has really come alive. Unfortunately it's 13 points behind the 51!
Old 18 Nov 2017, 17:28 (Ref:3781303)   #60
XtC24
Racer

XtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridXtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Every race of the season so far was won by #8 or #2...
Old 18 Nov 2017, 17:34 (Ref:3781304)   #61
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
Yes, we have to consider the fact that the #1 could have won at least one race if not for team orders.
Old 18 Nov 2017, 17:36 (Ref:3781305)   #62
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Hmmmmm. Not sure how LMP2 is going to pan out.

#38 pitted now, so that has another stop to do.

Senna exited the pits at 17:14. So the #31 has 1hour 45 to do. I'm not sure that's possible with 1 more stop.

The 13 might start holding up the 38 though.

Edit: Although if the 38 also needs 2 stops, then it's advantage Rebellion. This is a mixture of speed and fuel milage.
Old 18 Nov 2017, 17:42 (Ref:3781306)   #63
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Brilliant move by Beche. Parked on the apex and left Tung on the outside.
Old 18 Nov 2017, 17:42 (Ref:3781307)   #64
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
If Senna does one of his mega stints, then the title is definitely going the way of Rebellion bar any major issues.
Old 18 Nov 2017, 17:45 (Ref:3781308)   #65
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Ok if my maths is correct (and it won't be), #38 exited the pits with 87 minutes left. That would be 43.5 minutes per stint, but the maximum stint length they've managed so far is 40 minutes. That means it has 2 stops from now.

#31 exited the pits with 105 minutes left, which also means 2 stops. So I think it's advantage to Rebellion right now.

Edit: Also worth noting that the Rebellion appears to be a lap more on fuel than the JC DC car.
Old 18 Nov 2017, 17:51 (Ref:3781311)   #66
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
#1 gets a stop/go penalty for tagging the #86
Old 18 Nov 2017, 17:52 (Ref:3781312)   #67
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
The #86 has had such a bad weekend. It now has a strobe headlight.
Old 18 Nov 2017, 17:54 (Ref:3781313)   #68
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Tung will go back to the lead with this stop, but one more for him. Will both Reb's make it to the end?
Old 18 Nov 2017, 17:56 (Ref:3781314)   #69
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Tung will go back to the lead with this stop, but one more for him. Will both Reb's make it to the end?
Not from here. The maximum any of them have gone on a full stint without FCY is 40 minutes. #38 is only managing about 38-39 minutes. It might actually be 2 stops for the #38 to go if they can't find the fuel mileage.

For certain the Rebellions have one more stop. JC DC certainly have one, maybe two.
Old 18 Nov 2017, 17:57 (Ref:3781315)   #70
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Thanks McNish for answering the "remember to drink" question. I figured it was for driver weight.
Old 18 Nov 2017, 17:58 (Ref:3781316)   #71
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Thanks McNish for answering the "remember to drink" question. I figured it was for driver weight.
That one is confusing me. I see Toby Moodys point - if you don't drink, then the weight is still in the car. So is it not a net neutral situation? I find that much more confusing than I should, lol.
Old 18 Nov 2017, 18:01 (Ref:3781317)   #72
Irie
Racer

Irie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If you change the driver the bottle will be changed too
Old 18 Nov 2017, 18:01 (Ref:3781318)   #73
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
That one is confusing me. I see Toby Moodys point - if you don't drink, then the weight is still in the car. So is it not a net neutral situation? I find that much more confusing than I should, lol.
I have absolutely no idea how it works, but

I doubt the final car weight will be the cars own weight + the weight of the finishing driver.
It will probably something clever with all driver weights being taking into consideration?

Otherwise you just put your heaviest driver in at the end and have it run light with your lighter drivers?
Old 18 Nov 2017, 18:03 (Ref:3781319)   #74
TF110
Veteran

United States
McNish explained it. The drivers are weighed separately from the car. If you remember, the drivers have to weigh an average amount. Davidson is their smallest driver, so advising him to drink makes a lot of sense. You can lose a lot of weight due to sweat, so putting fluids back into you could negate that.
Old 18 Nov 2017, 18:04 (Ref:3781320)   #75
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irie View Post
If you change the driver the bottle will be changed too
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
I have absolutely no idea how it works, but

I doubt the final car weight will be the cars own weight + the weight of the finishing driver.
It will probably something clever with all driver weights being taking into consideration?

Otherwise you just put your heaviest driver in at the end and have it run light with your lighter drivers?
Actually yeah, Irie makes a great point - the bottle changes with the driver, even though the drivers drink. So every stint you add, for example, 1kg of weight via liquid to the car. That gets transferred to the driver, and then you replace the bottle with another 1kg one. They swap bottles without drivers sometimes. So if you make 7 pit stops, you can add 7kg to the weight overall. By drinking it, the driver frees up the spot for another 1kg to go in.