Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 7 Jul 2022, 16:55 (Ref:4118572)   #201
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I missed the Busch race Saturday, apparently an idiot was allowed to race and only penalized AFTER the race.

https://twitter.com/NASCAR_Xfinity/s...oad-america%2F

Pretty sure even IMSA would not accept the hard right slam in the Karam's door and resulting destruction
I'm might be okay with nothing during the race, but dude should be parked for a couple of races, imho. Points and money is nothing to him at this point. He might have a bullseye on him for the rest of the season....

And NASCAR wanted to ensure there was no 'mechanical failure'?

https://www.avpress.com/sports/nasca...05b7e9a66.html

Quote:
NASCAR said it did not immediately issue the penalty after the 13-car crash because the racing Saturday on the road course had been so aggressive that it wanted to speak with Gragson and examine his Chevrolet to ensure he had not suffered a mechanical failure

“Obviously nothing was wrong with the car and it was clear it was intentional,” NASCAR said in a statement. “Parking the (number) 9 during the event was an option, but we felt that more information was needed before making a decision on any disciplinary measures.”
Old 7 Jul 2022, 19:39 (Ref:4118595)   #202
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yup, that car magically veered right TWICE cause he missed the first attempt. But lets make sure nothing broke on it cause well JR Motorsports owned car.
Old 9 Jul 2022, 23:25 (Ref:4118798)   #203
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Jr didn't fire or park him but couldn't defend his actions?

https://twitter.com/SiriusXMNASCAR/s...M5L_9Drvhs9jUA

One of the teams he hit wrote off the car, another was it 80k for repairs.

Course it looked like they were spending money today at Atlanta, and Cup could have problems with the forecast, thunderstorms all day locally.
Old 10 Jul 2022, 20:15 (Ref:4118992)   #204
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What do you guys think of this new Atlanta? I honestly don’t know what to think, I like super speedway races but it seems hard to pass or get runs of momentum here compared to Daytona or Talladega
Old 10 Jul 2022, 21:02 (Ref:4118997)   #205
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was very wrong
Old 12 Jul 2022, 16:42 (Ref:4119291)   #206
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Reddick off to 23XI for 2024. No mention of who he replaces or if this will be another car.

Richard Childress is a moron to let that talent slip away. Or maybe he couldn't bear to watch barely adequate Dillon get out performed week in week out?
Old 12 Jul 2022, 21:02 (Ref:4119311)   #207
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
All you have to know about the team's interest in keeping him is in their tweet
https://twitter.com/RCRracing/status...l0K_oPKpT1tvow
Old 12 Jul 2022, 21:20 (Ref:4119314)   #208
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Sheesh so only the announcement timing bugs them. I reckon that young man is good enough to win a championship, looks like MJ and Denny are thinking the same thing.

Childress must be trying to win the "biggest idiot in NASCAR 2022" award. Got some competition from Chastain there
Old 19 Jul 2022, 20:23 (Ref:4119908)   #209
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Ummmm, what????? Was there really a call for this among the fans?

https://racer.com/2022/07/19/nascar-...cago-for-2023/

Street race for Cup in Chicago of all places, oh and IMSA series would be there with them but no mention of who, GT only race or GT3 Carrera Cup?

And they're taking away Road America for this nonsense
Old 20 Jul 2022, 13:24 (Ref:4119937)   #210
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
As a European I grew up with circuit racing. Then gradually got lured into ovals, initially watching what limited US racing we used to get - so the Indy 500 and not much else.

Always thought street racing was utter garbage and still do. Monaco F1 GP as a show piece didn't bother me even though I thought it dull. But F1 now has more street races than I have hairs and sadly the dull processional disease is now infecting NASCAR.

I hope it's a financial disaster (as that is likely the only thing that will undo this) that gets cut out the calendar like a tumour gets cut out of a man.
Old 20 Jul 2022, 18:25 (Ref:4119960)   #211
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
As a European I grew up with circuit racing. Then gradually got lured into ovals, initially watching what limited US racing we used to get - so the Indy 500 and not much else.

Always thought street racing was utter garbage and still do. Monaco F1 GP as a show piece didn't bother me even though I thought it dull. But F1 now has more street races than I have hairs and sadly the dull processional disease is now infecting NASCAR.

I hope it's a financial disaster (as that is likely the only thing that will undo this) that gets cut out the calendar like a tumour gets cut out of a man.
As near as I can tell reading between the lines, NASCAR didn't like being with Trans Am and not being the loudest fastest cars on track. And this was a NASCAR sim racing track so they decided to try in person. They have an obsession with in town racing being the savior because the fans are right there. They ignore that St Pete, Long Beach and Nashville are destination races for people, it's not just the locals. St Pete starts the season so the flaws can be over looked, Long Beach pretends to be Monaco Light and Nashville is new but actually offered some racing.

Detroit did not offer racing, fast laps and try not to wreck but racing, not really. New team next year but didn't look much better, but funded to make GM happy so logical to keep. Toronto was the same with a few areas they could try, and fans who loved the event return so that pays. But that's much lighter cars, Cup cars will suck and will be parades until someone dumps the guy in front and 12 cars are wrecked bouncing off the walls.

I'm starting to wonder if it will even come off if the locals and greens get antsy and loud.
Old 20 Jul 2022, 19:46 (Ref:4119963)   #212
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Yeah, I've never looked at car weights but Cup just look like big machines compared with Indy single seaters. Throw very tight turns at them (or rather throw big cars at tight turns) and I see cars not making turns too well. They don't stop all that quick either, so two guys fall over each other it's potentially going to look like a bunch of bozo's on a freeway. Maybe this is the next step before Dega gets reconfigured as a figure of 8...
Old 20 Jul 2022, 20:10 (Ref:4119965)   #213
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Love 90 degree turns, my favorite. What a weekend to look forward too!
Old 20 Jul 2022, 20:13 (Ref:4119967)   #214
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Ummmm, what????? Was there really a call for this among the fans?

https://racer.com/2022/07/19/nascar-...cago-for-2023/

Street race for Cup in Chicago of all places, oh and IMSA series would be there with them but no mention of who, GT only race or GT3 Carrera Cup?

And they're taking away Road America for this nonsense
I'd be surprised if it goes past 2 years and predict a bunch of yellows.

I wouldn't hate it so much if they weren't taking away Road America and adding back The Rock or something more 'traditional'. Yes, I know.... We'll see once the full schedule is released.

I do like street racing (many don't), but this will be a goat show.
Old 20 Jul 2022, 21:17 (Ref:4119969)   #215
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I'd be surprised if it goes past 2 years and predict a bunch of yellows.

I wouldn't hate it so much if they weren't taking away Road America and adding back The Rock or something more 'traditional'. Yes, I know.... We'll see once the full schedule is released.

I do like street racing (many don't), but this will be a goat show.
But sadly no goats in the race, or whatever it was Pontiac raced last.
Old 20 Jul 2022, 21:19 (Ref:4119970)   #216
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
But sadly no goats in the race, or whatever it was Pontiac raced last.
How about a 1974 Dodge Monaco?

Old 21 Jul 2022, 20:17 (Ref:4120073)   #217
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Nominated for pace car
Old 21 Jul 2022, 21:45 (Ref:4120076)   #218
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
...or is it Kyle Busch's new ride?

Stick a number 10 on the door...
Old 22 Jul 2022, 00:13 (Ref:4120086)   #219
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
...or is it Kyle Busch's new ride?

Stick a number 10 on the door...
Bite your tongue, thou shalt not besmirch the Blues Brothers with that name, or family

https://kickinthetires.net/nascar/le...clash-in-2023/

And ummm, what?? So we get 1000 hp cars and they'll have speakers to make vroom vroom noises. It's an exhibition series with likely 12 cars and run as support at a few rounds with 30 min race.
Old 23 Jul 2022, 22:41 (Ref:4120294)   #220
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quite a few flips outside of the superspeedways this year. Wild wreck, but Jeb Burton is ok.
Old 26 Jul 2022, 07:08 (Ref:4120527)   #221
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Chase. Kind of after Toyota were caught cheating.

Has anyone ever won a NASCAR race without leading a lap before?
Old 26 Jul 2022, 12:02 (Ref:4120547)   #222
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
The more Gibbs guys say the dumber they look with that. The first claim was manufacturing change, then they realized they had to say assembly change, but even that was dumb. The area is a solid piece so no tape needed to hold pieces together and it was a decent chunk of tape not a hold it in place a min piece. And UNDER the body wrap?? wouldn't the guy wrapping the car have noticed and at least brought it up? But we'll see if Nascar releases anything after the tests at Windshear but I doubt they will, partly to keep the other teams in the dark about it over hiding it from the fans.
Old 26 Jul 2022, 12:53 (Ref:4120548)   #223
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Yeah, the RFK reinforced rear bumper (a stick on patch as it was cracked) is still meant to be a secret. Why? In the old days we got told why people were being punished. Big fuel tanks. Hidden/ released ball bearings, nitrous etc etc.

I'll probably have the NASCAR police after me now... if they've modded their next gen police car with flashy lights they are so in trouble!
Old 26 Jul 2022, 21:43 (Ref:4120608)   #224
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
...and now the #34 just got the whole #6 treatment for patching up a damaged body part.

Seriously, NASCAR suck. I know rules are rules but they've hardly found some magic extra 100bhp add on cheat have they?
Old 26 Jul 2022, 22:09 (Ref:4120609)   #225
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
And as of now, the only penalty that JGR has is the DQ's from Sunday (which even NASCAR admitted on Sunday that they thought that would be that). Consistency much, or does NASCAR reserve more severe penalties for stuff found at the R&D center vs what's found at the track?