Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 19 Feb 2022, 20:51 (Ref:4099446)   #26
percy
Racer

percy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was wet...!!!
Attached Thumbnails
DSC02738.jpg   DSC02760.jpg   DSC02802.jpg  

DSC02826.jpg   DSC02843.jpg   DSC02764.jpg  

Old 19 Feb 2022, 20:53 (Ref:4099447)   #27
percy
Racer

Attached Thumbnails
DSC02994.jpg   DSC03058.jpg   DSC03025.jpg  

DSC03166.jpg   DSC03230.jpg   DSC03092.jpg  

Old 19 Feb 2022, 20:54 (Ref:4099448)   #28
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great snaps Percy, makes me glad I was not there.

And not a Morgan is sight.
Old 19 Feb 2022, 21:11 (Ref:4099450)   #29
percy
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Great snaps Percy, makes me glad I was not there.

And not a Morgan is sight.
No Morgans at all as far as I could see.
Old 19 Feb 2022, 21:26 (Ref:4099455)   #30
relativtortoise
Racer

relativtortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by percy View Post
No Morgans at all as far as I could see.
There were Cortinas however - all of which were never knowingly in a straight line

Flippin eck it was slippy......
Old 19 Feb 2022, 22:16 (Ref:4099458)   #31
boggissimo
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
boggissimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It dried out a bit later
Old 21 Feb 2022, 09:05 (Ref:4099589)   #32
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Interesting looking Alfa, don't think I've seen one of those before, 1300 Giullieta underneath??

Haven't seen a black Cortina for a while, very rare colour, No 7563 in a series of 3306 ?
Old 21 Feb 2022, 10:43 (Ref:4099595)   #33
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Flippin eck it was slippy......[/QUOTE]

You're not kidding, I was doing the Stewards inspection in my Range Rover got to Brooklands and suddenly wasn't going the way I wanted to.

Hats off to all the Competitors & the Marshals hero's one and all.

I was talking to the Lola driver after his session and he looked more like a Motocrosser!

Here's to next year.
Old 21 Feb 2022, 12:03 (Ref:4099600)   #34
PBE
Rookie

PBE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was another Brilliant Pom. Lots of entries and eclectic they were too. The running of the event by the VSCC was slick and professional. The weather was a bit pants at times but it started sunny and ended sunny, even if a bit chilly.
Sadly through utter stupidity I broke the Rover in the brake test. On the way round from the slalom test i did a couple of quick simulated brake tests and intermediately clocked the rear axle tramping during hard braking at low speeds. Rather than forsake the brake test or even do it very gently, the competitor in me took over and I still had a bit of a go, although not at 100%. The resultant tramp ended up with a broken 1/2 shaft - no wonder given the width of the rear tyres! I was really cross with myself as that stopped me from competing in the pm 40 Session on the GP circuit.
With the car stranded I spent about an hr with the marshals on the brake test in the freezing wind and it just added to my consummate respect for all the marshals that allow us to enjoy our cars, even in inclement weather like it was....Thank-you all.
Old 21 Feb 2022, 14:24 (Ref:4099616)   #35
percy
Racer

A few more...
Attached Thumbnails
DSC03302.jpg   DSC03287.jpg   DSC03268.jpg  

DSC02809.jpg   DSC03240.jpg   DSC03049.jpg  

Old 21 Feb 2022, 14:31 (Ref:4099618)   #36
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
How did they get the suitcase in the GT40 and the McLaran?
Old 21 Feb 2022, 14:34 (Ref:4099619)   #37
percy
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Good question...
Old 21 Feb 2022, 14:49 (Ref:4099623)   #38
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBE View Post
It was another Brilliant Pom. Lots of entries and eclectic they were too. The running of the event by the VSCC was slick and professional. The weather was a bit pants at times but it started sunny and ended sunny, even if a bit chilly.
Sadly through utter stupidity I broke the Rover in the brake test. On the way round from the slalom test i did a couple of quick simulated brake tests and intermediately clocked the rear axle tramping during hard braking at low speeds. Rather than forsake the brake test or even do it very gently, the competitor in me took over and I still had a bit of a go, although not at 100%. The resultant tramp ended up with a broken 1/2 shaft - no wonder given the width of the rear tyres! I was really cross with myself as that stopped me from competing in the pm 40 Session on the GP circuit.
With the car stranded I spent about an hr with the marshals on the brake test in the freezing wind and it just added to my consummate respect for all the marshals that allow us to enjoy our cars, even in inclement weather like it was....Thank-you all.
Just picked up on this, it's usually the torque tube that goes on the SD1. IIRC Tony Pond laced his rear wheels with Fairy Liquid or similar when doing standing starts, of course not the same as braking.
Old 21 Feb 2022, 15:00 (Ref:4099626)   #39
relativtortoise
Racer

relativtortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by percy View Post
Good question...
There's two suitcases and I expect they took the penalty
Old 21 Feb 2022, 15:22 (Ref:4099629)   #40
NHSL
Rookie

NHSL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excellent shots of the exotica, but, and I hesitate to ask, did the grey Ford Fiesta, car 51, stroll past your lens at any point?
Old 21 Feb 2022, 19:32 (Ref:4099658)   #41
percy
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHSL View Post
did the grey Ford Fiesta, car 51, stroll past your lens at any point?
Sorry - I only have it in the distant background of one of the shots.
Old 22 Feb 2022, 09:13 (Ref:4099720)   #42
boggissimo
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
Quote:

They didn't get any in either car, 40 points penalty each. I don't quite get how the Lola is included in the main (provisional) results, as it clearly isn't making an attempt to be roadgoing so would have been in the invitational touring car group. PBE's Rover was to have been in the same group but doesn't appear in the results at all.
Old 22 Feb 2022, 09:16 (Ref:4099721)   #43
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by boggissimo View Post
They didn't get any in either car, 40 points penalty each. I don't quite get how the Lola is included in the main (provisional) results, as it clearly isn't making an attempt to be roadgoing so would have been in the invitational touring car group. PBE's Rover was to have been in the same group but doesn't appear in the results at all.
Unfortunately PBE had car problems in the morning and came back on a Recovery Truck.
Old 22 Feb 2022, 10:47 (Ref:4099727)   #44
boggissimo
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Unfortunately PBE had car problems in the morning and came back on a Recovery Truck.
Yep I know, I was two cars behind him on track when the car broke - just wondered why he doesn't appear in the results, with a zero score for test E.
Old 22 Feb 2022, 10:55 (Ref:4099728)   #45
PBE
Rookie

PBE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have asked the VSCC the same question. Even the slalom and sprint tests are always fascinating reading when comparing with the other cars. I'm sure they will sort it shortly....
Old 23 Feb 2022, 08:48 (Ref:4099839)   #46
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As you know I was unable to be at the POM this year, but I will be writing a report for publication, using the results and Percy's photography, so if anyone has interesting details they are happy to share, I may be able to add a little 'colour' to the piece.

Share here or PM if you have anything suitable.

Ta,

Bauble.
Old 27 Feb 2022, 11:23 (Ref:4100494)   #47
bauble
Veteran

England
Miserable blighters.
Old 7 Mar 2022, 21:37 (Ref:4101545)   #48
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
Just signed the Final Results.
Old 8 Mar 2022, 12:59 (Ref:4101593)   #49
boggissimo
Rookie

United Kingdom
Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Just signed the Final Results.

Received earlier today, not updated on the website yet. And still no @PBE in the results, even though the Lola T70 is. I still didn't do any better on the tests either!
Old 20 Mar 2022, 13:29 (Ref:4103463)   #50
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have the results been published yet? I could not find them on the VSCC website yesterday.