Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Sep 2022, 12:52 (Ref:4126055)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Yes, I would agree with Senna that his first win in Estoril 85 was better. He had to control his car with his right foot, without traction control and with a lot of power from the turbo engine to boot. Donington 93 was still a great drive, but not at the same level
I disagree. I would say it was of the highest level, as evidenced by the fact that he made a number of other esteemed drivers look like puddin's that day.
Old 14 Sep 2022, 23:30 (Ref:4126093)   #27
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I disagree. I would say it was of the highest level, as evidenced by the fact that he made a number of other esteemed drivers look like puddin's that day.
Both drives were sublimely outstanding, demonstrating an ability that made Senna a standout driver of his generation, and marking him as one of the greatest standout drivers of all time.
Senna may say that Donnington was easier because of the electronic aids available but from the outside it was a drive far superior to the skills demonstrated by anyone else that day.

Verstappen at Spa 2022 rather demonstrated that the RB car was vastly superior to any other car on the circuit because under racing ideal conditions that day not even the best drivers were able to prevent him from overtaking them and running away from them. Same at Monza 2022.

Verstappen IS one of the best drivers of his generation, but the era in which he races is highly design/technical execution dependent so its more difficult to compare him with drivers of earlier generations regarding his driving skills.

Clark exhibited an amazing ability to transition from F1/2 to sports/touring cars/rallying. But McLaren/Brabham/Gurney/Moss/Hulme/Stewart/G Hill all exhibited similar skills in various racing forms during that era.

These days V8 Supercars driver Shane van Gisbergen demonstrated excellence across all forms including rallying, GT3. and single seaters. So later generations can demonstrate drivers like that are still around
Old 15 Sep 2022, 20:16 (Ref:4126167)   #28
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Shame SVG is already in his 30s...

I think he could have done as good a job, if not better, than McGlaughlin if he had moved to the US a few years back.

Phenomenally talented driver...
Old 16 Sep 2022, 10:27 (Ref:4126214)   #29
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I agree SVG is probably one of the greatest all rounders of the 21st century. Up there with Alonso. He's proved he can adapt to any type of car
Old 29 Sep 2022, 13:14 (Ref:4127843)   #30
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Damon Hill in Hungary 1997 deserves a mention.

Yes, the Bridgestones were on it that weekend, but what on earth was Damon doing almost winning in that Arrows? I remember how painful that was in the final laps (unless you were a Villeneuve or Williams fan).