Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 13 Feb 2019, 11:13 (Ref:3883771)   #51
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Its only annoying if you all buy it, if you don't, they sill stop doing it, simple really.

Most of the content is from DR, which is pathetic really. Just offloading old stuff onto fans paying a premium, just like most games like this.
At least the "old" content is being released as an optional extra, rather than putting that in the base game and forcing you to pay more for the new environments.

That said I am keen to revisit Monte Carlo and Germany with the R5's. Sweden could be interesting with surface degradation, though I found that the hardest environment to drive in the first DR, so I am not sure I want it to be any trickier!
Old 13 Feb 2019, 13:01 (Ref:3883803)   #52
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lol, so Germany Monte should be optional!! lol.

This is the problem with modern gamers, they are so willing to hand over their money for literally nothing, You already have Germany and Monte in the old game, there is NO WAY you should be expected to pay for that, they are wrapping up a load of old stuff with a couple of new cars and asking you to pay 20 bloody quid, it's literally robbery.

They have written it 4 years ago, it should just be in the game anyway, you should not be paying for it! OK a few new things have changed with regard to surface deg, that is simply a plug in they could easily release for DR1.

Would you pay extra for a book that covered the previous book for 100 pages at the beginning? Or a box set that had the last two episodes in it just for fun? No, of course you wouldn't

Only gamers would which is why people like Codemasters, and many others take advantage of your sorry to say this, stupidity.
Old 13 Feb 2019, 18:54 (Ref:3883911)   #53
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Lol, so Germany Monte should be optional!! lol.

This is the problem with modern gamers, they are so willing to hand over their money for literally nothing, You already have Germany and Monte in the old game, there is NO WAY you should be expected to pay for that, they are wrapping up a load of old stuff with a couple of new cars and asking you to pay 20 bloody quid, it's literally robbery.

They have written it 4 years ago, it should just be in the game anyway, you should not be paying for it! OK a few new things have changed with regard to surface deg, that is simply a plug in they could easily release for DR1.

Would you pay extra for a book that covered the previous book for 100 pages at the beginning? Or a box set that had the last two episodes in it just for fun? No, of course you wouldn't

Only gamers would which is why people like Codemasters, and many others take advantage of your sorry to say this, stupidity.
I always feel so uplifted after reading your posts. Have you considered doing TED Talks?
Old 13 Feb 2019, 21:41 (Ref:3883942)   #54
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
On the flip side, most of us picked up Dirt Rally for less than £25 and played the hell out of it.

Good to see those three rallies on the list, and good business by codies to announce it because that's real incentive to buy the Deluxe edition.
Old 13 Feb 2019, 22:47 (Ref:3883961)   #55
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hickey

If you like giving away money for nothing then feel free, maybe you do.

Sadly I am a little more aware of what goes in with these people.

Please explain what the incentive is to buy three events you have ALREADY played to death? I would like to be enlightened.
Old 13 Feb 2019, 23:35 (Ref:3883968)   #56
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
On the flip side, most of us picked up Dirt Rally for less than £25 and played the hell out of it.

Good to see those three rallies on the list, and good business by codies to announce it because that's real incentive to buy the Deluxe edition.
With DR and D4 having shortcomings in content rallying wise (they are rallying games after all), announcing beforehand that there will be more content if you are willing to pay for it minimises the base game itself. There isn't even snow in the base game for example, something that was even present on Colin McRea games on PS2.

It makes you wonder if they have taken out things from the base game, or things that could have been in the base game, just so they can sell it. DLCs should be developed after games are released, not before.

When it comes to rally games there is not much to choose from; WRC or Dirt, otherwise it's arcade games or going back to the 2000's for older rally games. I have played a lot of DR but it is somewhat repetitive and D4 might as well be an arcade game in many aspects. So basically it's either this, which looks to be a very good game, or taking a chance with WRC. It really annoys me that they have decided for this "season" stuff, it reminds of the practices of EA and Activision.
Old 14 Feb 2019, 13:10 (Ref:3884127)   #57
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I'm kind of with chunder on this - if I'm paying for a game I want the whole game - not bits of it with the chance to buy the rest later. I thought the way Gran Turismo 6 handled things worked well - the core game was released and you could work your way through that, extra content was available as updates - but didn't cost any more.

I won't be getting DR2 - mainly because I still don't have a latest generation console (there aren't enough games I'm interested in to justify the cost). If I already had the console I'd probably pick it up when the price dropped and just play what's there in the out of the box version.
Old 14 Feb 2019, 13:50 (Ref:3884141)   #58
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hickey

If you like giving away money for nothing then feel free, maybe you do.

Sadly I am a little more aware of what goes in with these people.

Please explain what the incentive is to buy three events you have ALREADY played to death? I would like to be enlightened.
I don't own Dirt Rally 1, that's why.
Old 14 Feb 2019, 14:34 (Ref:3884146)   #59
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Fair enough

But as you can see above I am not alone in my view here.

I understand that people want content, and this is good stuff, but the game costs 40 odd quid on release yes, the DLC will probably be released in dibs and drabs costing a few quid each, and by the time you get to 70 quid you have paid nearly two thirds again for the game.

When all that content was written 4 years ago, and has simply been modded to adapt to the new game. If you didn't have the old game, where have you been its been dirt cheap for years!! And it was brilliant, (apart from RX).

Does this happen in any other industry? You pay for something and then to be able to use it fully, you have to keep buying extra things for it? it is pure nonsense.

It's your money of course, you can buy what you want obviously. But the precedent you set and most gamers set by doing it is dangerous.

You are not backing a company, helping them to make better games, these companies believe they will always get bigger and this is their way of maximising profits and basically robbing from you.

Simply, if nobody bought the DLC, everyone grouped together and said f*** you. It would stop.

The only company doing it right are Ployphony, they release a game, OK it was not complete on release, but the DLC has ALL been free.

All they did was basically exclude the dearest cars from the daily reward and force you to either earn in game credits or use real money to buy them if you want.

THAT is the way forward, reward grinding, and if you are impatient, charge a small fee for content. A SMALL fee. pence.
Old 14 Feb 2019, 16:32 (Ref:3884184)   #60
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
With DR and D4 having shortcomings in content rallying wise (they are rallying games after all), announcing beforehand that there will be more content if you are willing to pay for it minimises the base game itself. There isn't even snow in the base game for example, something that was even present on Colin McRea games on PS2.

It makes you wonder if they have taken out things from the base game, or things that could have been in the base game, just so they can sell it. DLCs should be developed after games are released, not before.

So don’t buy it? If you don’t like something then that’s the only way that games companies will change it, if you make a point of telling them that you’re not going to buy it. And tbf the Dirt team do seem to pay at least a bit of attention to the community, hence the announcement that VR will no be an option.

Personally l prefer the route they took with DR and Kunos took with ACC, where taking a gamble early means that you can get a good deal. Although ACC was virtually unplayable due to issues in the early stage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 14 Feb 2019, 17:01 (Ref:3884202)   #61
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
So don’t buy it? If you don’t like something then that’s the only way that games companies will change it, if you make a point of telling them that you’re not going to buy it. And tbf the Dirt team do seem to pay at least a bit of attention to the community, hence the announcement that VR will no be an option.

Personally l prefer the route they took with DR and Kunos took with ACC, where taking a gamble early means that you can get a good deal. Although ACC was virtually unplayable due to issues in the early stage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't have to buy it but it doesn't change the fact that they are still doing it with this game.

My urge for getting the game might be too much though, especially since it appears to be an improvement over DR. It was just 150 Swedish kr more than the base game that costs 600 kr, which is not much for a Deluxe edt of a game really. Other games top editions tend go above 800 kr.

The amount of comments I have seen about people demanding VR just comes to show that they pretty much had to add it, #novrnobuy for example. They had it in the first game as well so it wouldn't make sense to not have it again. Besides, many other racing games have VR.
Old 14 Feb 2019, 23:05 (Ref:3884272)   #62
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Its a smoke screen

Of course if yoou bought VR you would do that, but its a tiny minority of people who have it if you look at the graphs and research.

Fair enough if its not too tricky to do, fine, and it cant be.

I will probably get the game, but the bug remain in the original like the constant racenet issues.

I just will not pay full price for it, that would be dumb
Old 25 Feb 2019, 15:35 (Ref:3886545)   #63
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Main problems seem to be weak tarmac physics, poor career mode and a lack of stages.

The fact that old content is only being provided as paid dlc is also very dodgy.

The core game seems okay but once again its an unfinished cash cow. Shame as there was an opportunity for something great here.
Old 25 Feb 2019, 16:12 (Ref:3886549)   #64
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Have to say I disagree about the unfinished aspect: DR2.0 already seems far more complete (and better supported) than either Dirt Rally or Dirt 4. Handling seems better overall, with RWD massively improved in my personal opinion.

The career mode is in the same format as DR1, though I haven't really touched it as you can jump straight into Championships in freeplay in a car of your choice.

I do have gripes with the game (the biggest being the poor representation of Mettet), but the core game seem very strong and, if they can get the little details ironed out, this is surely going to be the best game in the Dirt series.
Old 25 Feb 2019, 17:41 (Ref:3886560)   #65
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post

The career mode is in the same format as DR1, though I haven't really touched it as you can jump straight into Championships in freeplay in a car of your choice.

I do have gripes with the game (the biggest being the poor representation of Mettet), but the core game seem very strong and, if they can get the little details ironed out, this is surely going to be the best game in the Dirt series.
Possibly true but career was weakest part of DR1 and they've made it worse by taking out the AI performance control selector so the first seasons are stupidly easy.

Then we have to pay more for Finland, Monte, RAC, Sweden, Acropolis - the real classics - when they are eventually finished. It's like releasing a football game without the Premiership and then charging Premiership fans more later on... Not great really.
Old 25 Feb 2019, 20:19 (Ref:3886592)   #66
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
The main issue seems to be the same as the first game.

beause it basically is the first game, Codies dont have the time or staff to toitally build a new game again, this is just a heavily patched and modified version of the ild game, which WAS a new build and almost a project mroe than a full release.

I think releasing old tracks as DLC is poor, in fact almost embarrassing, but sadly modern gamers are easily led and dumb, so why wouldn't you.

It does add stages, but for those of us that have the old game, it's not much of a temptation, with the pathetic amount of cars they are also releasing, most of them are also old.
Old 17 May 2019, 15:08 (Ref:3904359)   #67
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Second wave of DLC announced for DR2.0 today:

Cool to see Riga and Estering in game, I am looking forward to attempting some sideways entries into turn one at Estering!
Old 17 May 2019, 17:01 (Ref:3904370)   #68
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
Still haven't bought it in protest at the fact it was a half finished game that you had to pay extra to access stuff which should have been included at release...is it cheap yet?
Old 17 May 2019, 17:54 (Ref:3904375)   #69
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
It will be when all the DLC is released.

A lot of people did not buy it coz most of the DLC tracks are just rebadged versions of DR stuff which quite honestly is theft.

But at least they were honest about it.

Wait til autumn it will be 20 quid with DLC for 15 by then.
Old 12 Aug 2019, 14:17 (Ref:3922442)   #70
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
More content coming for those still playing this: