Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 8 Dec 2010, 07:27 (Ref:2801219)   #26
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
im hoping group c, real shame wsm isnt on sat night, was a real cracker the other year. just hope is isnt celebrity race or a ferrari race like last year...18 cars for 2 hours was rubbish....and please scrap the celebrity race, it has no place at the classic
Old 8 Dec 2010, 07:59 (Ref:2801225)   #27
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
well yet again nothing for a 60's sports racer so I guess I will be giving it a miss
Old 8 Dec 2010, 08:25 (Ref:2801231)   #28
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
I'm afraid you'll have to do without my services at the barbecue next year - we've got a Historic FF2000 race at Spa that weekend.
That's no good at all. I was hoping to go to the Classic this year and if you are not there who is going to run the BBQ (and given the closing time for the last race at what time)?
Old 8 Dec 2010, 11:09 (Ref:2801315)   #29
HairyDJ
Veteran

England
Milton Keynes
HairyDJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So ..... if you racers don't want the celeb rubbish, and us marshals loath them too, may we assume that it's big money talking (sorry, should that read commercial reality)?

You guys put on some fantastic shows (racing and cars) as well as generous welcomes to the orange army whenever we wander into your garages for a lech (at the machinery) 2 very long days on Copse exit were very entertaining and not too busy. It was also great to meet and chat with some of you at Delta's legendary bash as usual!

Just be kind to us and book your gravel trips in advance please - 34 hours on duty over 3 days means we might be a bit knackered
Old 11 Dec 2010, 07:06 (Ref:2802846)   #30
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Compte has come up with an idea of having two sittings for BBQ.Dont worry my freinds in Orange Delta team wont let you down.
Old 15 Feb 2011, 21:44 (Ref:2831834)   #31
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone else think its a bit silly to release the 'Press, Media test day' entry form where it states that entry is only for those registered for the event yet it is not possible to register for the event at the moment?

I know we're still months away from the event but I really need to get my season / budget sorted and I can't until I've got some idea of the costs involved for this event or tbh whether my car will be elegible. Surely the organisers know what the entry fees need to be by now and opening the entry sooner rather than later will ensure max grids.
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 7 Mar 2011, 14:19 (Ref:2841505)   #32
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I booked my trade stand for this while I was at Race Retro, top value. Very little more expensive than the three of us coming as visitors, plus an infiield car pass which I couldn't get as a speccie.

Bands line-up much more to my taste, but never heard of Wishbone Ash.

Group C cars into the dusk - yahoo!

The MM family looking forward to it already! Just trying to blag a camper or a caravan now, so we don't have to go off-site.
Old 7 Mar 2011, 16:01 (Ref:2841558)   #33
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The music is a vast improvement and the Group C in yo the dusk is going to be a real treat!
Old 7 Mar 2011, 17:46 (Ref:2841636)   #34
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's spooky, I was listening to Wishbone Ash in the car this afternoon, album called Argus . At least they will have one 'fan' there assuming their set doesn't clash with the group C cars.
Old 8 Mar 2011, 08:35 (Ref:2841973)   #35
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Compte has come up with an idea of having two sittings for BBQ.Dont worry my freinds in Orange Delta team wont let you down.
THats a bit greedy isn't it . . .or has he extended the menu again to include Swan and DOdo steaks?
Old 8 Mar 2011, 08:36 (Ref:2841974)   #36
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports View Post
The music is a vast improvement and the Group C in yo the dusk is going to be a real treat!
Please forgive a Frenchman for seeking clarifcation but is "in yo the dusk" what is called in Paris "Baltimore speak"?
Old 8 Mar 2011, 08:39 (Ref:2841977)   #37
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My entry has been accepted for the GD. It'll be my first time at the classic on track. Do we need a motorhome?
Old 8 Mar 2011, 09:05 (Ref:2841990)   #38
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
minimum of 30feet long and 9ct gold paint I think Peter or you'll have to park in Milton Keynes
Old 8 Mar 2011, 09:09 (Ref:2841993)   #39
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh well, looks like we'll be travelling to and fro then.
Old 8 Mar 2011, 16:07 (Ref:2842188)   #40
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by compte deGraves View Post
Please forgive a Frenchman for seeking clarifcation but is "in yo the dusk" what is called in Paris "Baltimore speak"?
Doh "in to the dusk"
Old 8 Mar 2011, 18:40 (Ref:2842258)   #41
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Flipping heck Peter are we really going to meet up again. Spa 2008.Stll have that bottle you won from the Compte somwhere.
Old 9 Mar 2011, 04:44 (Ref:2842476)   #42
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dread to think what the original contents have been replaced with though.
Old 9 Mar 2011, 08:29 (Ref:2842534)   #43
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
I dread to think what the original contents have been replaced with though.
Old 9 Mar 2011, 18:57 (Ref:2842905)   #44
Moosehead
Veteran

Disapointed to see the Big Engined Touring Car race has gone down the AppK route.........no entry for me then
Old 9 Mar 2011, 21:58 (Ref:2843019)   #45
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
My entry has been accepted for the GD. It'll be my first time at the classic on track. Do we need a motorhome?
Wow Peter you have been accepted already - I've only managed to get entered status - the long wait to see if accepted begins! Have you entered something unusual or rare?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead
Disapointed to see the Big Engined Touring Car race has gone down the AppK route.........no entry for me then
When did that change Wayne - thought they allowed in the modified cars?
Old 9 Mar 2011, 22:20 (Ref:2843036)   #46
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Eligible cars Pre 1966 Touring cars of over 2 Litre engine capacity which comply with FIA Appendix K or HSCC/HRSR regulations and have current Vehicle Identification for either. All American V8s over 4 Litres must have FIA HTP." My italics.

But have you seen the entry fee? £834 for 2 x 20 mins
Old 9 Mar 2011, 23:47 (Ref:2843102)   #47
Moosehead
Veteran

Yeah, the entry fee stung a bit too, to say the least!! However, had a quick peek at the E-Type race and their entry fee is £900 for 1x 30min race!!!!!!

I thought this year would probably be my last opportunity to participate in this event before the cost was unacceptable so was looking forward to entering but looks like I'm out already. I'm sorry but 50 AppK Mustangs & Falcons plus a few others do not bear any reality to what was raced in the period which is what the regs say are the requirements. Its quite obvious that using the 'big engined' moniker the organisers are 'thinking' Yank V8 for the spectacle but they have to start thinking where most of these cars were raced in period, ie - America, and their tech regs were generally nothing like AppK. Missed opportunity :-(
Old 10 Mar 2011, 00:03 (Ref:2843113)   #48
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
Suzi Quatro

Suzi Quatro; i'm going just to see her in those knee high boots..... On further reflection she is probarely old enough to be my mother!

10cc will have to play the "Wall street shuffle" as it would be apt for most the competitors there.
Old 10 Mar 2011, 02:30 (Ref:2843152)   #49
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGT6 View Post
Wow Peter you have been accepted already - I've only managed to get entered status - the long wait to see if accepted begins! Have you entered something unusual or rare?
Ah, well there you go. I'm only going by what I was told when Masters took my dosh. They didn't tell me there was a selection process. So Iain, it looks like we won't be meeting up after all.

At least I'll save £2k on flight costs.
Old 10 Mar 2011, 07:32 (Ref:2843203)   #50
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Last couple of years as GD was over subscribed at Classic, in order to get as big a selection of different car types as possible they didn't confirm some entries (Grantura, MGB etc) until nearer the event. Expect this year they will do the same, but if you have a letter saying 'confirmed entry' it should mean just that. Good luck, hope you both get in.