Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 27 Oct 2018, 13:50 (Ref:3859444)   #51
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i agree. as an end goal from 3-5 years worth of concentrated investment and support, sure, a showcase formula is a good idea. and ultimately it’s hard to disagree with the women who point out it’s still opportunities to race that wouldn’t have been there otherwise. but as it is, it just shows a vast degree of obliviousness, both to the climate within the sport and to what women trying to enjoy racing or make a career out of it actually want.
Old 29 Oct 2018, 03:21 (Ref:3859689)   #52
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

I don't understand the point of this discussion. They will not find enough lady-racers ready to drive these cars next year.
Old 29 Oct 2018, 08:14 (Ref:3859699)   #53
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
List of female racers with single seater experience
Tatiana Calderon
Simona de Silvretro
Suzie Wolff
Jamie Chadwick
Alexandra Mohnpaupt
Alexandra Marinescu
Amanda Whitaker
Katherine Legge
Danica Patrick
Sarah Kavanagh
Giovana Amati
Sophe Florech
Marylyn Neiderhausen
carra Schnreber
Betskie Visser
Hanna Zellers
Ayla Agren
Anna AiQulasi
Veronica Crichha
Angela Duroso
Miki Kayona
Al Iuiura

Last edited by Rob29; 29 Oct 2018 at 08:40. Reason: found more names
Old 29 Oct 2018, 08:39 (Ref:3859701)   #54
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
There’s a lot more than that, but most of that list are far too old surely.
Old 29 Oct 2018, 11:53 (Ref:3859733)   #55
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
There’s a lot more than that, but most of that list are far too old surely.
As you say there are a lot more than that - but also some of those in that list have quite driving (Susie Wolff) and for others this series would be a backwards step from where they are now.
Old 29 Oct 2018, 12:13 (Ref:3859739)   #56
LavidaLoca
Racer

LavidaLoca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29 View Post
List of female racers with single seater experience
Tatiana Calderon
Simona de Silvretro
Suzie Wolff
Jamie Chadwick
Alexandra Mohnpaupt
Alexandra Marinescu
Amanda Whitaker
Katherine Legge
Danica Patrick
Sarah Kavanagh
Giovana Amati
Sophe Florech
Marylyn Neiderhausen
carra Schnreber
Betskie Visser
Hanna Zellers
Ayla Agren
Anna AiQulasi
Veronica Crichha
Angela Duroso
Miki Kayona
Al Iuiura

Some names are missing like Rahel Frey, Natacha Gachnang, Shirley Van der lof

Apparently Angela Vilarino (sister of Ander Vilarino and daughter of Andres) will enter this serie
Old 29 Oct 2018, 14:41 (Ref:3859767)   #57
Formulahistory
Veteran

Formulahistory should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Never heard of her.

Drivers I could imagine to compete in:

Jamie Chadwick
Tatiana Calderón
Beitske Visser
Julia Pankiewicz
Marta GarcÃ*a
Amna Al Qubaisi
Irina Sidorkova
Michelle Halder
Carrie Schreiner
Marylin Niederhauser
Miki Koyama
Vivien Keszthelyi
Gosia Rdest
Christina Nielsen
Laura Kraihamer
Jasmin Preisig
Chelsea Angelo
Sabre Cook
Mikaela Ahlin-Kottulinsky
Bianca Steiner
Old 29 Oct 2018, 15:07 (Ref:3859775)   #58
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Tatiana C has already done eight years at F3/GP3 level without any real success. Another one won’t do any harm!
Old 29 Oct 2018, 18:04 (Ref:3859808)   #59
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I understand it the promoter of this series is providing the cars-requirement for drivers is previous single seater experience-no mention of age limits?
If we add those with sports/Gt;TC;Caterhams;Karts;2CVs? we could name a lot more
Old 29 Oct 2018, 21:55 (Ref:3859843)   #60
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Most of them can't have a competitive pace. This series will be a joke.
Old 31 Oct 2018, 21:40 (Ref:3860221)   #61
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't see the point. One sport where women can compete as equals and someone seems to think they need a series of there own where the inevitable jibe will be 'they only beat a bunch of other women'.

One of the few on the lists given who really seems to fit the target drivers is Jamie Chadwick, and I don't think she needs this series. Just put some of the funding her way for a 'proper; championship and watch her go.

Media series, not motor race series. I guess someone will be making money out of this, or at least hoping to, and mainly it won't be the ladies on the grid.
Old 1 Nov 2018, 22:36 (Ref:3860436)   #62
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
Media series, not motor race series. I guess someone will be making money out of this, or at least hoping to, and mainly it won't be the ladies on the grid.
Very good point. Someone is taking advantage of this female bullshit thing sponsored by FIA.
Old 29 Nov 2018, 03:46 (Ref:3866765)   #63
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I don't see the point. One sport where women can compete as equals and someone seems to think they need a series of there own where the inevitable jibe will be 'they only beat a bunch of other women'.
That's what we tell Serena Williams all the time. She does not deserve any of her Grand Slams because she never beat Nadal or Federer.

Quote:
I suppose you mean F1 and EPL make very little money out of the media?

I am sure there are women in the world who really believe they can compete as equals with men in F1. But history shows us that very, very few of them actually manage to do it. Of course people will argue it is due to lack of support. But isn't that applicable to men also? For every F1 driver there are more than 100 drivers with failed attempts.

I think W Series needs to happen first before we can judge.
Old 29 Nov 2018, 04:16 (Ref:3866767)   #64
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa View Post
I am sure there are women in the world who really believe they can compete as equals with men in F1. But history shows us that very, very few of them actually manage to do it. Of course people will argue it is due to lack of support. But isn't that applicable to men also? For every F1 driver there are more than 100 drivers with failed attempts.

I think W Series needs to happen first before we can judge.
It's for the very reasons you state that W Series is a bad idea. It's not going to increase support for women unless every single one of it's champions do well when they move on to other series, which is extremely unlikely.

They plan to have 18 participants. For a fraction of the cost of running a championship, they could by a lot more than 18 seats in various ladder championships around the world, and have a far greater chance of it giving a top-level talent the opportunity she needed.
Old 29 Nov 2018, 13:10 (Ref:3866838)   #65
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i’m kinda disappointed in some of the names on the list. i understand exactly why they’ve gone for it and have no beef with them for doing so but still... i expected more from them as seemingly smart, aware women. not totally sure supporting dare 2b different as well as this really goes hand in hand.

something i’m also not sure about is how little debate about this seems to be coming from women online. men have plenty to say, and it generally seems to be in support of women like pippa and sophia floersch who are strongly against it. you can’t deny the bonus of having 18 or whatever free or cheap drives suddenly on the market. but that doesn’t... negate the negatives.

it’s a tricky one.

i’d also like to hear more about how it’s going to be run. if it’s centrally, then they’ll need to do a heck of a lot of recruiting about now. who has the tyre contract, hankook or pirelli? how will testing work? and so on.
Old 29 Nov 2018, 18:40 (Ref:3866890)   #66
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The latest I saw is there will be a reality show TV shoot out for seats, seems somewhat patronising to me.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 30 Nov 2018, 09:41 (Ref:3866974)   #67
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am wondering would a better solution to promote women as drivers be to have a woman's class in F3 or F4?.
This would allow them to compete for overall honors and yet be class winners. It might have a disadvantage in terms of promotion.
Old 30 Nov 2018, 10:09 (Ref:3866980)   #68
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
I am wondering would a better solution to promote women as drivers be to have a woman's class in F3 or F4?.
This would allow them to compete for overall honors and yet be class winners. It might have a disadvantage in terms of promotion.
That makes sense-as it seems FW & regional F3 are to be held at the same meetings why not merge the two?
Old 30 Nov 2018, 13:19 (Ref:3867004)   #69
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asa View Post
I am sure there are women in the world who really believe they can compete as equals with men in F1. But history shows us that very, very few of them actually manage to do it.
I'm absolutely sure there are women who can compete as equals, and motor racing is one of the few sports where that can happen. The problem is more with how many of them take up the sport in the first place. It takes a lot of junior drivers to produce one F1 driver, and if only 0.005% of those juniors is female, then the likelihood of one them being the one is vanishingly small.

Lumping them together in one series doesn't seem to me to help with that fundamental problem in any way.
Old 30 Nov 2018, 16:53 (Ref:3867051)   #70
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is that a guessed figure? There is an ever larger number of female drivers in Junior karting. Most of whom deplore this "initiative".

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 30 Nov 2018, 20:28 (Ref:3867113)   #71
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
it's a shame dare 2b different is silent about this.
Old 30 Nov 2018, 22:17 (Ref:3867124)   #72
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
What happens if a transgender driver turns up?...
Old 30 Nov 2018, 22:47 (Ref:3867125)   #73
deley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bramley, Guildford
deley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddeley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
What happens if a transgender driver turns up?...
I would imagine that they would have to pass the same or similar criteria as those set out for transgender competitors by bodies like the IOC or IAAF.
Old 1 Dec 2018, 00:54 (Ref:3867145)   #74
NSX_LeMans
Racer

NSX_LeMans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's not forget a transwoman won the 1957 Shelsley Hillclimb!
Old 1 Dec 2018, 19:38 (Ref:3867292)   #75
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Putting aside whether this series is a good idea or not for one moment, having now seen the "long list" of drivers, who on it do you think will make the final grid and who do you think will be at the sharp end if and when the series gets going. Personally i would love to see Alice Powell do well, proper racer in my opinion.