Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 31 Dec 2001, 13:46 (Ref:191920)   #1
LMP900
Racer

LMP900 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Group C Field

Just got the news that an IMSA Nissan will enter the Group C revival series, so what's the tally? Can the series muster a full grid of 20+ cars for every race, should be nice!
Old 31 Dec 2001, 14:12 (Ref:191931)   #2
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can't wait to see them at Brands Hatch.

Anyone have an entry list at all!!!!
Old 31 Dec 2001, 14:23 (Ref:191944)   #3
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Right up your street, eh Paul? And yes, I'd like to see an entry list too!
Old 31 Dec 2001, 14:28 (Ref:191946)   #4
LMP900
Racer

do you guys have a calendar? I'd like to go and I can dream the road to brands hatch from my hometown in Holland!
I just missed out on the real thing but if I can see them in a revival series I'll jump for joy
Old 31 Dec 2001, 16:13 (Ref:192002)   #5
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They're scheduled to be at Brands on 31st March (Sunday) and 1st April (Monday).

I wanna see some Porche 962s, last time I saw one with my own eyes I was about 6 or 7!!
Old 31 Dec 2001, 16:34 (Ref:192010)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Paul, is that races both days or practice on Sunday and race on the Monday? It sounds seriously tempting! (Is your dad going?).
Old 31 Dec 2001, 16:54 (Ref:192027)   #7
LMP900
Racer

sh*t we have a race at the same date, do you also know when the SPA race will be
Old 31 Dec 2001, 17:22 (Ref:192035)   #8
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
There will be a good number of the regular 10 Tenths gang there that weekend, so you all got to come on over to the campsite on the Sunday evening for a barbeque! It *will* be dry...
Old 31 Dec 2001, 18:09 (Ref:192047)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Antill
It *will* be dry...
I've heard that somewhere before Craig - I think it was as we left Blighty in June this year for a motor race in France, somewhere.........
Old 31 Dec 2001, 19:04 (Ref:192074)   #10
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Don't have a complete calendar but do have details of when it will be supporting the BTCC

30 Mar - 01 Apr Brands Hatch
01 Jun - 03 Jun Silverstone
27 Jul - 28 Jul Snetterton
20 Sep - 22 Sep Donington Park

All will have 2 races - a sprint and a mini-enduro with mandatory pit stops and possible driver changes.

I have to be honest, I was somewhat disappointed when I saw them at Donnington for the ALMS meeting but then it was a last minute fixture very early in the season. Group C @ Dingle Dell can't wait.
Old 1 Jan 2002, 05:31 (Ref:192165)   #11
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have said this before, and I will say it again---you cannot imagine the envy I have for all of you "over there" who have the opportunity to go see events like this within such a relatively small geographical area.(no offense at the last bit, remember I'm Canadian)

The purple and white Jags were Group C weren't they?(run by Tom Walkinshaw)

Happy New Year by the way, and yes, good luck re: your anti-rain dances!

Last edited by djb; 1 Jan 2002 at 05:33.
Old 1 Jan 2002, 15:23 (Ref:192242)   #12
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Aysedasi
Paul, is that races both days or practice on Sunday and race on the Monday? It sounds seriously tempting! (Is your dad going?).
I think that there will be a sprint race on the Sunday and an "endurance" (as in a longer) race on the Monday but I can't be sure.

As for my Dad, I don't know, I'll probably have to ask him a couple of days before because he probably won't lnow until then. I'll try and drag him along!!!!
Old 3 Jan 2002, 12:14 (Ref:193172)   #13
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
in addition to the above meetings (which are part of the TOCA meetings) Group C is also due to race Monza, Spa, Nurburgring and as a demonstration at teh Classic Le Mans. Its a pity that the Octagon Historic has been moved from Silverstone as they could have raced there as well.
If anyone out there is interested in sponsoring a struggling Group C team we would be extremely interested as it is borderline whether we will have sufficient finances together to get our car out which is a great shame as it is historically an important one (GRID).
Old 3 Jan 2002, 15:08 (Ref:193273)   #14
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
Quote:
Originally posted by simon drabble

If anyone out there is interested in sponsoring a struggling Group C team we would be extremely interested as it is borderline whether we will have sufficient finances together to get our car out which is a great shame as it is historically an important one (GRID).
Which car is it?
Old 3 Jan 2002, 15:45 (Ref:193290)   #15
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
it is the GRID. There were only two made. This one was raced at Le Mans in 84 and 85 so it is an early Group C car.
Old 3 Jan 2002, 15:56 (Ref:193297)   #16
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
Have you got a picture of it?
Old 3 Jan 2002, 16:12 (Ref:193305)   #17
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is that the cream coloured one? I have a pic of it somewhere and will try to find tonite.

Very pretty car that would not look out of place on the LM grid today.
Old 3 Jan 2002, 16:26 (Ref:193310)   #18
simon drabble
Veteran

thats the one
although at one point it was run in yellow livery when sponsored by Mayfair Magazine.
Old 4 Jan 2002, 21:06 (Ref:194012)   #19
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
According to the ACO, the GRID S1 ran at Le Mans in 1982 and 1983, while the GRID S2 ran in 1984.

One of the drivers in '83 was the delightfully monikered Fred Stiff!
Old 6 Jan 2002, 22:26 (Ref:194680)   #20
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So who wants a photo of the GRID at Le Mans then.........

Also 100's of Le Mans, Silverstone and Brands sports car photo's from 80 - 00. No promises that your car of choice is there but I will have a look. Require car no. car colour and sponser plus date. Some FF, saloon and F1 as well.

If anyone has a website that can host all of these photo's please give me a shout, otherwise I will have to start me own

SL

PS all photos are copyright of Nordic or myself.
Old 7 Jan 2002, 19:18 (Ref:195052)   #21
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
I'd be interested...but I have no idea about the requirements....
Old 7 Jan 2002, 22:56 (Ref:195213)   #22
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have managed to locate 3 photo's of car 37 at Silverstone in the '82 6hr race. Driven by de Villota & Hobbs the car DNF. Chassis no GA01. So far nothing from the Le Mans sets though.

I will do all pos to scan and post Tuesday evening.

SL
Old 8 Jan 2002, 16:33 (Ref:195517)   #23
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SL
You should find some pics of the same car in a thundersports race at Brands in a yellow livery.

You should also see a red GRID in the background of some shots at the 1000km at brands.
Old 8 Jan 2002, 16:42 (Ref:195527)   #24
simon drabble
Veteran

I might be wrong but I think that you will find the driver of the red one is the current owner as it is open body at the moment.
Sadly time is continuing to work against us and I fear that my racing this year will be limited to my Alfa. As an ultimate wind up the Group C and 60's endurance saloon races will be supporting the same TOCA meetings this year!
Old 13 Jan 2002, 16:35 (Ref:198068)   #25
Groupc
Racer

England
Bedfordshire
Groupc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi chaps, I'm an escapee from the Total Motorsport forum. Is this the car you're referring to? I took it the start of the 1982 Le Mans(trying to attach a scan here, so fingers crossed!)
Attached Thumbnails
scan763.jpg