Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 21 Jun 2005, 11:58 (Ref:1335737)   #51
MattBateman
Rookie

MattBateman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was right opposite the marshall who was showing the yellow flag before Lodge after Smith went into the back of Turkington. It was shown when Proctor went off, who in my opinion, looked to be going no faster than anybody else.

Also, as much as I enjoyed the day, I don't believe it was as good as last year by any means. Can also sympathise with KennyG - capturing the little action there was by only being in one place at any one time would not have been easy. Best I managed was Plato slipstreaming down to Lodge...
Old 21 Jun 2005, 12:17 (Ref:1335754)   #52
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by N I Tram
Good racing overall, with lots of battles going on, although it's a shame the live race had the thinnest field. There are 4 or 5 cars due to join the grid soon, so it won't really be a problem by then.
Would this be the same 4 or 5 cars that were due at Brands Hatch. Leggate is the only one confirmed - at least it will give Proctor and Williams someone to play with. Everything else is just rumour or conjecture. Where do you think these extra cars are suddenly going to appear from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
can't believe you lot are whinging about grid sizes still!
Why wouldn't we be. Aside from Chilton finding a few extra quid and HPI finding enough parts to build an engine (even if it does doesn't explode as soon as you hit the starter) nothing has changed since Donington.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N I Tram
I'm surprised that our photographer friend couldn't get anything interesting on camera - perhaps he's in the wrong job.
Perhaps you need to take a look in the Photo Forum. Kenny's work is consistantly some of the best posted.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 15:17 (Ref:1336012)   #53
knock-on
Rookie

England
Surrey
knock-on should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard
Gotta get home man!

Turkington knocked Smith out of race two. Smith knocked Turkington out of race three...I think terminally damaging his car in the process.
I thought Smith run him off in both.

Not a very pleased team me thinks.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 15:21 (Ref:1336023)   #54
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Now let's see:

You've doubted Gavin Smith's driving credentials, you've criticised flag marshals for not displaying yellows when they were in fact displayed, you've accused the TV people of distorting the truth, then finally you've slagged off an excellent photographer.

You're obviously very knowledgeable about all aspects of motor sport & its reportage......

......and your actual involvement in the sport is......what?
Old 21 Jun 2005, 18:49 (Ref:1336289)   #55
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
Why wouldn't we be. Aside from Chilton finding a few extra quid and HPI finding enough parts to build an engine (even if it does doesn't explode as soon as you hit the starter) nothing has changed since Donington.
I was probably comparing specifically to that other race on this occassion

Got three more cars since Donington, most championships don't go up. The WTCC lost about 7 when they stopped going to Italy

Yeah alright, smallish...I'm not too fussed still.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 19:11 (Ref:1336326)   #56
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
I know you were comparing it to the F1 farse but the point still stands. If I had a pound for every time someone came on here and said "it's ok there will be x more cars at the next meeting" I could probably afford to run one of those cars myself.

Three more since Donington? I make it 2 - Chilton and Curley.
Old 21 Jun 2005, 20:06 (Ref:1336373)   #57
MattBateman
Rookie

MattBateman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayBee
Unfortunately the television didn't show it but the silver car aquaplaned and slid into the gravel under a waved yellow after the preceding stationary yellow caused by the incident on the previous lap.

Ok, they're rubbish photos but I managed to get a bit of a storyboard on this 'incident' - and yes I am bored

Pic 1 - Time: 16:47:53

Pic 2 - Time: 16:48:48

Pic 3 - Time: 16:49:35 - notice the locked front wheel... this was relatively quite far out from the apex of Lodge too

Pic 4 - Time: 16:50:21

Old 21 Jun 2005, 20:36 (Ref:1336416)   #58
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Teehee, just needs the comic book captions
Old 22 Jun 2005, 16:46 (Ref:1337399)   #59
speedy king
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
speedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridspeedy king should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
"If Colin jumped infront of a bus does that mean you would too Mark?!"
Old 22 Jun 2005, 16:55 (Ref:1337409)   #60
SeaneyC
Racer

SeaneyC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
Three more since Donington? I make it 2 - Chilton and Curley.
And Williams half made it at Brands
Old 22 Jun 2005, 16:59 (Ref:1337413)   #61
redshoes
Veteran

Williams was at Donington anyhow, so still only 2.
Old 22 Jun 2005, 17:53 (Ref:1337470)   #62
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
You're right mostly...in my head I remember Williams didn't make race one - so we started with 11 in my brain...of course there was 12 for the other two rounds, so I'm not exactly correct.
Old 23 Jun 2005, 07:51 (Ref:1338022)   #63
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do think Oulton Park always strings out the field but when there are so few out there anyway it looks twice as bad. TV does distort it badly - it makes cars look closer together than they actually are and you don't get that 60 seconds of no cars in front of you.

Sad but I know of one car that probably won't come out and play because the grids are just too small - it's just not good enough for the sponsors.