Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 26 Jun 2005, 20:38 (Ref:1340527)   #51
alfan
Racer

Poland
Wroclaw, Poland
alfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought, that Imola was just a one time shot, but it looks like Giovanardi is back

Congratulations for Colciago,Huff and Tetring. But I'm afraid, that in Spa things will be back to normal, and Chevy and Honda won't be so competitive. Chevy needs now a few more horsepower - Giovanardi simply swallowed Huff on front straight.

Quote:
I am afraid he gets punished for the move against Giovinardi
I think so too, it's second time in a row...but at least he had his moment on podium
Old 26 Jun 2005, 20:40 (Ref:1340529)   #52
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Now has to be the time for BMW to appeal that their 20Kg is removed?

It was a knee-jerk decision by the FIA (typical) to impose the new weight after Magny Cours, and I feel the wrong decision.

Maybe a compromise can be reached? 10Kg off?
Old 26 Jun 2005, 23:25 (Ref:1340620)   #53
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It´s confirmed, 30 seconds penalty for Colciago.
Old 26 Jun 2005, 23:40 (Ref:1340623)   #54
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Shame about Colciago's penalty. I guess the FIA just wants everyone to follow each other around.

His car was top notch all weekend though, and for that reason...despite two great races (which, I guess...he scored nothing!)...I have to give my man of the day to Antonio Garcia. Considering how off the ball BMW have been all weekend, I think he drove superbly today.

Terting & Huff did well too. Terting scored as many points today as Gené has all season...though I know Jordi has been terribly unlucky...he's usually been the fastest Seat in qualifying etc. just always manages to find some wall or front bumper in all the races.

Congratulations to Larini, back in the points also!

Maybe the FIA should give an extra acclimatisation session at each race for new teams, if this is representative at all of Chevrolets true pace. Not quite fair that since RML & Chevy don't have any existing set-up notes to work from, they HAVE to have a bad first year.
Old 27 Jun 2005, 00:02 (Ref:1340627)   #55
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
On a twisty track, weight will be a much greater disadvantage than front vs rear wheel drive. It makes sense that the bulkier BMWs struggled behind the lighter, more nimble cars.
Old 27 Jun 2005, 02:00 (Ref:1340664)   #56
Net-Ranger
Racer

Mexico
Mexico City
Net-Ranger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE

I hope the Mexicans can improve the circuit a little bit more (tarmack, gravelzones, remove some brick walls). But it's nice to have a new circuit on the calander which is not a "Tilke designed" boring circuit.
Be sure improvements will be made... , the circuit is just too new and of course the tarmac hasn't been runned until this weekend, i'm just coming back from Puebla, i have to say that the circuit is pretty good but still several details have to be done, what i hear from the circuit officials is that in next weeks the circuit will receive some treatment in order to improve the track for next events, i hear that maybe by october the circuit will receive Mexican stock car series, Formula Renault again and clio cup as well other regional series, this will made the circuit and the tarmac more "madure" if we can say so making the white dust go, the viewing for the fans, one word awsome!!!!!!, from any grandstand from No. 5 to No.11 you can see all the way from the from strech to the oval strech, near 60% of the track, i was at grandstand 10 at turn one and the race from there was so incredible

About the layout, what can i say, pretty cool, even when is twisty, it allow very well passing, and not only for the WTCC cars, the formula renault cars as well have lots of passing

About the facilities for the public, well this is were i think more work have to be made, is not right make the people walk the entire 1.5 mile oval to reach your grandstand at turn one when your car is parked only at 250 m from the grandstand, the access gates for the VIP stands and control tower have to used for the people going to the stands 9,10,11, and 12 and not making them walk the entire oval to reach the desingnaed grandstand, this is a matter of organization, easy to solve...unfortunatly the facility and the local govement have a huge issue to solve, the access roads have to be expanded, the simple highway was not enough to handle all the public that attend the circuit, also the local police have to be more effective when handling the traffic, otherwize let this job to the highway federals, because until they arrive, no one was able to leave the circuit...by the way i delay about an hour to get my Micra out the parking lot and take the main highway to Mexico City, so City/State Officials, please take note of this...

In general terms all the event was a success and with the lessons already learned i think this will be a great event...

For all the friends of Europe...have a good week !!!

P.S. During the present week i will publish my pics at my yahho photo album, so stay tune
Old 27 Jun 2005, 07:15 (Ref:1340771)   #57
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Penalising Colciago for that is absolute nonsense.

A terrible decision.
Old 27 Jun 2005, 09:11 (Ref:1340862)   #58
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Well I can see why, I thought when I saw the replay that he might get penalised.
He wasn't even half alongside the Alfa when he hit Gio, his front bumper rammed Giovanardi's rear wheel.
If Colciago was alongside, or even half alongside I would think he could be rightly aggrevied at such a penality, but as things stand I think it was fair.

I understand that touring car racing is always going to be rough, and that "rubbin is racin", I like to see cars banging doorhandles, but not punting each other off, there has to be limits.
Old 27 Jun 2005, 09:13 (Ref:1340866)   #59
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
he wouldn't have been penalised if he wasn't under observation after Imola ..
in the report about his penalty after Imola i remember stating that if he has any incidents in the next race he would be penalised

well . look at the bright side . he won't have any ballast added . so maybe he can deliver in Spa too .

Ciao Marco
Old 27 Jun 2005, 09:44 (Ref:1340889)   #60
J-C
Racer

England
Northants, UK
J-C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think having seen the replays the last move by Colciago was worthy of punishment, although I think they should simply have reversed the positions between him and Giovanardi - Colciago drove a fantastic race to that point. There has to be consistency - really Colciago's move wasn't much different to the move Farfus put on Zanardi at Imola for instance.

A bit of door-banging is fine if the car is up by the A-pillar but not when there is barely an overlap. Punting someone out the way like that isn't really fair racing in my book.
Old 27 Jun 2005, 10:05 (Ref:1340905)   #61
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
and farfus got penalised for that .. 10 places at Puebla and again under observation just like Colciago .

Ciao Marco
Old 27 Jun 2005, 10:36 (Ref:1340934)   #62
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The move Colciago pulled off to pass Giovanardi wasn't exactly clean...but neither was Giovanardi's defence by driving into Colciago the corner before when he was pulling off a clean move.

So I think Giovanardi should get 30s too.
Old 27 Jun 2005, 16:24 (Ref:1341225)   #63
newoutsider
Racer

newoutsider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
IMO not only did Colciago have the legs on the Alfa, but he had far better turn in; he went for the inside (OK a bit of a lunge) but Giovanardi (who was well wide) simply turned in, probably expecting the Honda to back off as he was racing under threat of penalty.....
Old 27 Jun 2005, 18:08 (Ref:1341283)   #64
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was (Colciago-Giovanardi battle) a clear racing incident, penalising Colciago was too harsh decision, I have seen Giovanardi doing much worse things and getting nothing.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 27 Jun 2005, 18:53 (Ref:1341306)   #65
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Any idea when the WTCC is repeated on Eurosport. For some strange reason our Sky recorded it and proceeded to delete it last night!
Old 27 Jun 2005, 20:37 (Ref:1341433)   #66
E46
Veteran

Spain
Zaragoza, Reino de Aragón
E46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend
Any idea when the WTCC is repeated on Eurosport. For some strange reason our Sky recorded it and proceeded to delete it last night!
I watched it again this morning, i don´t know if they will repeat other time.

Tags
wtcc