Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 Nov 2005, 07:15 (Ref:1452610)   #1
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
storyline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wakefield Park AMRS/TCC Round

Whispers from those arriving home this afternoon after todays Drifting practice and Mini racing at Wakefield Park are that Garry Willmington may be facing an uphill battle to be ready for next weekends penultimate Touring Car Challenge round at the Goulburn track.

Taking to the track in his EL Falcon after lunch, Garry was powering around the 2.2km track when, on the start of his second lap, he exited turn 2 only to have the car suddenly lose all power. He continued to coast around the track, with no power whatsoever until he came to a stop just before flag point 6 (the one directly opposite from the control tower). The flag marshal at point 4 (at the top of the track) was reported as saying the noises coming from the car when it passed him were like "a bucket of bolts being shaken up".

Once the car was towed back to the garage the damage was checked - only to discover a rather large hole in the engine block with a conrod jutting out of the block. Initial reports suggest that the crank shaft has broken forcing the rod through the block.

The engine is, reportedly, a throwaway and Garry was trying to work out this afternoon what to do to ensure he gets onto the grid on the weekend to fight out the very close Touring Car Challenge 2005 title - with only the Wakefield Park and Eastern Creek rounds remaining, Garry can't afford to drop a round if he wants to wrest the 2005 title from Luke Searle.
Old 5 Nov 2005, 08:29 (Ref:1452636)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Perhaps he can buy/rent/borrow one of the cars Mr Proctor has for sale Here

Or perhaps buy back the engine built for Mr Holt all those years ago, the Mr Holt still has
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 5 Nov 2005, 08:50 (Ref:1452643)   #3
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
Hmmm maybe explains a few things - like why Adam hasn't been at the last couple of TCC rounds (although I believe he is enered for next weekends round - maybe odds should be taken as to whether he will actually appear?)

Unfortunately though, I believe Willmington is a V8 only racer.
Old 5 Nov 2005, 10:45 (Ref:1452669)   #4
Beatcha
Racer

Australia
Beatcha should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He could always run the Jag, I think he still has that in the shed
Old 5 Nov 2005, 11:13 (Ref:1452686)   #5
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
Well it has a shell and wheels I understand - although I doubt it could be rolled out ready for next Friday's practice let alone qualifying and racing.
Old 5 Nov 2005, 12:05 (Ref:1452716)   #6
Group'C'
Racer

Australia
Hobart /Tasmania
Group'C' should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was it Willmington's Jag that I saw at the Muscle Car Masters, It was Red but I didn't have a close look????
Old 7 Nov 2005, 09:13 (Ref:1453948)   #7
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Group'C'
Was it Willmington's Jag that I saw at the Muscle Car Masters, It was Red but I didn't have a close look????
I thought I saw it on one of my two ventures out of my garage at the Muscle Car Masters. I don't know if it would be race ready though.

To change the subject slightly, I am planning on running the 635 this weekend. I just have a miss fire problem to solve, maybe a dizzy cap? We managed to get through the Muscle Car meeting but it was not as smooth as it should have been. I'm also planning to shoot anyone seen dooing a rain dance within 50 kms of Wakefield, I can't take another weekend of going sideways faster than I went forwards. Of course if it does rain and your street car has 245/17s on it, guard them, they'll be better than what I've got.
Old 7 Nov 2005, 09:22 (Ref:1453953)   #8
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
Word today is that the crank wasn't broken and thehole missed the block itself (shame about the sump though!). Apparently Willmingotn believes he has the necessary parts required to get the engine up and going again although there is an outside chance he may need to get some parts from interstate which could stuff things up a bit - it is simply a matter of time now.

Reportedly, today, Wyhoons team took up residence at the track as well as the first og the GT cars to arrive (direct from Eastern Creek).
Old 7 Nov 2005, 10:25 (Ref:1454003)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Wyhoon has had such a good run with Ford engines (and Taragoes too from memory ) perhaps he could pitch in to help Mr Willmington out... in a gesture of sportsmanship
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 7 Nov 2005, 11:35 (Ref:1454052)   #10
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by storyline
Reportedly, today, Wyhoons team took up residence at the track as well as the first og the GT cars to arrive (direct from Eastern Creek).
Now thats the spirit! Does the Moffat legacy live on and these guys can test all week if they please?
Old 7 Nov 2005, 11:44 (Ref:1454057)   #11
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
Clarification needed - appears the cars are not there testing, merely having been relocated from Sydney to WP where they are being 'maintained' (that was the word given to me).

Routine track maintenance is scheduled tomorrow - so the track is closed - but, from the WP web site:
Quote:
Thu 10 Nov, 2005 Track Privately Booked
is apparently a private test day for Image Racing.
Old 7 Nov 2005, 11:48 (Ref:1454059)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Presumably that is the Gulf Western ride day?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 7 Nov 2005, 11:49 (Ref:1454060)   #13
laser
Racer

laser should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are you rowe-ing with one oar inthe water again storyline ?
Old 7 Nov 2005, 20:59 (Ref:1454625)   #14
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
You're telling the story laser - however you cold at least check facts before sprouting off as you usually do.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 10:50 (Ref:1455059)   #15
laser
Racer

ROFL!!! Simple deduction really, and a note at the A1
Old 8 Nov 2005, 12:13 (Ref:1455133)   #16
storyline
Veteran

Australia
Country Victoria
Note? Sorry - I don't accept or leave 'notes'. Tell you what though - come and see me after the shoot out on Saturday and then see if you can get it right.
Old 8 Nov 2005, 20:10 (Ref:1455540)   #17
laser
Racer

Do you want to meet me ?
Do I want to meet you ?

Will I be free after the shootout ?

Will I even be in Tassie ?

But I'll extend the same offer, come and say hi if you see me trackside at any time
Old 8 Nov 2005, 20:24 (Ref:1455558)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
10/10ths... the finest dating service in the land
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 9 Nov 2005, 10:56 (Ref:1456213)   #19
laser
Racer

ROFL ... you after a date GTR
Old 9 Nov 2005, 19:34 (Ref:1456586)   #20
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Not me... it seems you and Storyline are tgoing a long way towards this though

Maybe this could be a 10/10ths wedding

I could flog the story off to New Idea and make some money for the site
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 10 Nov 2005, 09:14 (Ref:1457023)   #21
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's get back to the matter at hand. I think Peter Kelly could be one to watch this weekend, sure he's a mate of mine, but the car is better now and PK knows the track, he could be very quick this weekend.
I'll be happy to finish a weekend. Would you believe I have to take the 635 all the way Canberra just to find someone who will do a proper dyno tune on a car running on avgas. I won't even get to the circuit before lunch.
Old 10 Nov 2005, 11:27 (Ref:1457145)   #22
laser
Racer

GTR I think you and storyline would get on much better .. you seem to have the relationship all figured out so far
Old 13 Nov 2005, 01:07 (Ref:1459288)   #23
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GT/Porsche Challenge Race 1 has started with a bit of a boilover with Hackett in the Lambo DNF and Washington finishing 2nd. Greg Crick continuing his amazing return to championship took out another another victory. John Kaias claimed 3rd in the Porsche.

Top 3 Championship Positions with 2 more race. (Next one starting now)

Hackett 414
Washington 392
Ian Palmer 277
Old 13 Nov 2005, 05:24 (Ref:1459367)   #24
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looking at the race results from Racetime, it seems Porsche have broken Lamborgini's two year stranglehold on the GT/Nations Cup Championship. However not in the most glorious of circumstances as Hackett DNF in race 2 and could not start in the 3rd and final race of 2005.

So congratulations goes to Bryce Washington becoming the 2005 Australian GT Champion in his first season, ending the year with 462 points compared to Hackett on 414.

Greg Crick took out race 2 and came 2nd in race 3 in what was an amazing fortnight for the returning Tasmanian.

Check Speedweek next Sunday 12.00 - 2.00 PM on SBS so view this amazing conclusion to the championship.
Old 14 Nov 2005, 08:03 (Ref:1460113)   #25
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not a great way to end the Championship, especially when coupled to a disappointing field for the round.

I'll have some photos up for the round later tonight.