Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Closed Thread

Old 25 Jul 2017, 00:26 (Ref:3754123)   #1
karimbo
Veteran

Canada
Montreal, Canada
karimbo has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
A forum for Formula E

Dearest friends at 10 tenths,

I have just discovered that Mercedes Benz is going to quit DTM to join Formula E. So after AUDI quitting Le Mans to join the electric and electrifying serie, and BMW officially joining with Andretti, now it's Mercedes Benz. There are also rumours that Porsche may join in.

So, Renault/Nissan, DS (Peugeot-Citroen), Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Mahindra, Jaguar (Tata), and a bunch of Chinese manufacturers. If we compare with Indy Series (only Honda and Chevy) or even Formula 1 (Renault, Mercedes, Ferrari and Honda) we can say that Formula E has the greatest number of constructors in it, investing a great deal of money in what will become the future of the sport and of the auto industry: electric power.

So I ask the question again....

Will Formula E eventually have its own forum on 10/tenths?
Old 25 Jul 2017, 00:50 (Ref:3754126)   #2
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
appreciate what you're saying, but the thread doesn't exactly have traffic rates that justify splitting it and forming a separate forum at the moment...
Old 25 Jul 2017, 06:20 (Ref:3754163)   #3
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Poor old DTM huh, that leaves 12 drivers *cough 3.5 cough*.

I guess some will move over to new teams running Audi's or BMW's. I think some of these european touring car series need to take a look at the Aussie V8 Supercars and how much better that series is from an entertainment perspective (not driver quality, DTM has a fantastic field of course). But so many more races and most of them longer (esp the enduros), much bigger fields. I kind of feel the driver talent goes to waste in DTM with their short schedule and barely minimum field size. Maybe it's big in Germany but no one has heard of it on this side of the world.

But anyway Mercedes in FE... that might mean the end of Buemi's domination. Who are their current development drivers that might get the seats? George Russell? With Aikten being a flop in GP3 so far, I'd expect Russell to take that title with the current momentum he has. Move up to F2 in 2018 then FE in 2019 if he performs?

Or maybe they're looking to pull over a couple of their on form DTM drivers. Paffett, Wickens, Di Resta, Engel, Auer, Mortara...

I bet Di Resta wouldn't mind a chance at single seaters again. Engel has shown some suprising pace in FE at times this year. Paffett is probably tintops for life though.
Old 25 Jul 2017, 07:57 (Ref:3754181)   #4
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I imagine forum structure here is decided on traffic and demand more than anything else. If FE gets a forum then so does F2, F3, GP3 etc.
Old 26 Jul 2017, 10:12 (Ref:3754460)   #5
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F2 2017 has 30'000 views, formula E 2016/17 has 12'000. If/when demand picks up then it will be given it's own forum (I assume).
Old 26 Jul 2017, 13:14 (Ref:3754489)   #6
chris bailey
Racer

chris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridchris bailey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Mercedes decision adds credence to the thought that this is where the manufacturers see the future of all racing, not just F1. On the back of the UK government's announcement today that they'll ban the sale of all petrol and diesel cars by 2040, then the move to electric is inevitable, if you believe governments around the world are serious about banning fossil-fuel engines. However, I don't believe they will impose a ban. It's more about making the manufacturers try harder on the emissions. But what I still fail to understand about FE is why they have a single-seater vehicle. Let's face it. F1 evolved down the single-seater route over time. FE has the opportunity to ignore this entirely. What they should do, in my view, is make it a silhouette passenger car formula, open to any manufacturer who produces a hybrid or all-electric car that is genuinely on sale to the public. No big aero mods. Just recognisable versions of the road cars, re-created as a light shell over a single-seater chassis, but with a battery pack that will last a full race distance. The silent running (which is seen as a negative) will be overcome by the door-bashing nature of the racing. A bit like E-NASCAR or E-BTCC. That, on a city-centre street circuit, would be fantastic entertainment, and gives the manufacturers proper brand recognition. Who wouldn't want to own a Civic Type R-E, or a Mercedes 200 AMG-E on the back of this kind of exposure? That should be the future direction of Formula E, not some dreary, slow and processional silent version of F4, which is what we have at present.

Make mine an Nissan Leaf, just for the comedy value.......
Old 26 Jul 2017, 16:48 (Ref:3754527)   #7
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris bailey View Post
The Mercedes decision adds credence to the thought that this is where the manufacturers see the future of all racing, not just F1. On the back of the UK government's announcement today that they'll ban the sale of all petrol and diesel cars by 2040, then the move to electric is inevitable, if you believe governments around the world are serious about banning fossil-fuel engines. However, I don't believe they will impose a ban. It's more about making the manufacturers try harder on the emissions. But what I still fail to understand about FE is why they have a single-seater vehicle. Let's face it. F1 evolved down the single-seater route over time. FE has the opportunity to ignore this entirely. What they should do, in my view, is make it a silhouette passenger car formula, open to any manufacturer who produces a hybrid or all-electric car that is genuinely on sale to the public. No big aero mods. Just recognisable versions of the road cars, re-created as a light shell over a single-seater chassis, but with a battery pack that will last a full race distance. The silent running (which is seen as a negative) will be overcome by the door-bashing nature of the racing. A bit like E-NASCAR or E-BTCC. That, on a city-centre street circuit, would be fantastic entertainment, and gives the manufacturers proper brand recognition. Who wouldn't want to own a Civic Type R-E, or a Mercedes 200 AMG-E on the back of this kind of exposure? That should be the future direction of Formula E, not some dreary, slow and processional silent version of F4, which is what we have at present.

Make mine an Nissan Leaf, just for the comedy value.......
Electric GT might be interesting, if it's done correctly. I'm watching that closely. I keep trying to enjoy Formula E but just don't. I'm all for electric cars, I just don't find FE fun.
Old 26 Jul 2017, 16:59 (Ref:3754530)   #8
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We are thinking of having forum for the Formula E forum requests. However in the meantime we'll just have one thread.

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150083

Thanks.