Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 19 Feb 2014, 15:20 (Ref:3370105)   #1
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Montoya could race at the Brickyard 400

Check this IndyCar Media Day conference transcript:

Quote:
Q. Roger Penske said with the right funding, he'd like to see you run the Brickyard 400. Is that something else you want to do? A fan on Twitter wants to know if you have any interest in running the NASCAR road courses as well?

MONTOYA: I think the Brickyard would be a good thing. I've been so close so many times, it would be a good way of closing that chapter with a good win there. I know Roger hasn't won there. If we could get the opportunity to do it, I think it would be pretty cool.

Q. Is there any consideration this year to try to run the Daytona 500 and Indy 500, to be the guy to win them both?

MONTOYA: No, unless Roger asks me.

Q. Have you asked him?

MONTOYA: No. I got enough things going on. No, no, no, no, no (laughter)
Old 19 Feb 2014, 15:39 (Ref:3370111)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Would love this, JPM has unfinished business there.
Old 21 Feb 2014, 05:07 (Ref:3370596)   #3
FPV8U
Racer

Australia
3rd Rock from the Sun.
FPV8U should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hope this happens, would love a Montoya/Penske Fusion Model to add to the collection.

I'm hoping JPM gets asked to jump in at a few of the Road Course events aswell.
Old 21 Feb 2014, 10:38 (Ref:3370648)   #4
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm just the opposite from everybody else here, I guess. I did not want him to leave NASCAR. He had really begun to get the hang of driving stock cars. Though he could have had a couple of oval victories, had bad luck not interveined, I believe, had he stayed, he would have won an oval or two, this season. Looking at that interview, he showed no passion for it. All he talked about, was what he is doing now, even when asked about running the Brickyard race. He finally answered, "Yeah, I'd do it", or something like that. Very indifferent responce. His heart is not in it, neither is his head. I really don't want a driver in a race, that is taking that kind of attitude. That is not the attitude needed and it is dangerous, for himself and for the other drivers. He closed the NASCAR portion of his career, he needs to do what he is going now, and leave that book closed, THAT is where his heart and his mind are now, NOT in NASCAR!
Old 21 Feb 2014, 13:46 (Ref:3370680)   #5
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Would love this, JPM has unfinished business there.
Yes, yes he does.