Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 Sep 2007, 15:40 (Ref:2011279)   #51
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstallard
Five Live are saying that the explusion hasn't been announced - it's inferences from what has been said. Hold onto your hats, it's not over yet... :/
Good point. No reputable news source has the outcome yet
Old 13 Sep 2007, 15:40 (Ref:2011280)   #52
mini1400
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chelmsford, Essex
mini1400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce
Tenner says Alonso goes to Renualt at least in time for Japan.
Might do, but if it's just the Team that's excluded & not the Drivers...

Whoever wins the championship this year will be tainted with this mess....
Old 13 Sep 2007, 15:41 (Ref:2011281)   #53
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
An utterly moronic decision.
Old 13 Sep 2007, 15:43 (Ref:2011282)   #54
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Incredible, unbelievable!!!

Well if this is what's been declared surely the team just will race on under appeal anyway - unless the stewards prevent them from actually running on track?
Old 13 Sep 2007, 15:44 (Ref:2011283)   #55
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
www.planet-f1.com are running the same story as Autosport, I have to say I am shock at this news
Old 13 Sep 2007, 15:45 (Ref:2011284)   #56
Ryan_Briscoe1
Racer

Australia
straya
Ryan_Briscoe1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
oi everyone go put some money on kimi to win this years championship
Old 13 Sep 2007, 15:46 (Ref:2011285)   #57
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If this is true I will find something else to do at weekends whilst the leaders in sporting behaviour (Ferrari) dominate the sport!
Old 13 Sep 2007, 15:50 (Ref:2011286)   #58
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think I should air my feelings on this as it has rather annoyed me, to put it mildly.

I can see this is going to drag on and on and on through appeals, the civil courts, etc. I'm sick to death of it.

Can ITV or the BBC get some decent live open wheel motorsport without politics please? And no bloody FIA.
Old 13 Sep 2007, 15:51 (Ref:2011287)   #59
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
good thing I haven't wasted my time watching the last five GP's, if this is true
Old 13 Sep 2007, 15:53 (Ref:2011288)   #60
Ryan_Briscoe1
Racer

Australia
straya
if they cheated then they deserve it. cant see the FIA excluding them if they werent 100% sure.
Old 13 Sep 2007, 15:54 (Ref:2011290)   #61
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Autosport have removed this now.
Old 13 Sep 2007, 15:54 (Ref:2011291)   #62
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What a pathetic decision.
I can't help but feel it's for civil courts to decide to true legality of what has happened behind the closed doors of McLaren and Ferrari's factory, and that it is for the FIA to rule in the best interests of the sport, the fans and the spectacle, not the offended team.

If I were Ron Dennis now I'd be on the phone to Dave Richards. Ferrari vs Prodrive next year anyone?

EDIT: hmm, in light of Knowlesy's post above, maybe not??
Old 13 Sep 2007, 15:55 (Ref:2011292)   #63
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So what's happening to the team that have got too big for F1 then?

(For anyone else, that's ferrari)
Old 13 Sep 2007, 15:56 (Ref:2011294)   #64
kartingdad
Veteran

kartingdad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
What a clever decision by the FIA. They ought to be charged with bringing the sport into disrepute.

I'm no particular fan of Mclaren, but surely this should have been sorted out away from the public arena. Just gets my gander up when the blazers get involved, and in particular Mad Max.

If he spent half as much effort into making the sport a bit more interesting on the track instead of trying to get Ferrari to win the title then the world of F! would be a better place.

Ego tripping muppets, the lot of them I say.
Old 13 Sep 2007, 15:57 (Ref:2011296)   #65
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
McLaren excluded from 2007 and 2008 !

There was a newsflash on autosport.com a few moments ago saying that McLaren were excluded from 07 and 08 championships ! Their site's up and down and I can't reach the link right now.
Old 13 Sep 2007, 15:58 (Ref:2011298)   #66
Ryan_Briscoe1
Racer

Australia
straya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Autosport have removed this now.
yeh saw that, im just gonna wait until its official now before i get to excited.
Old 13 Sep 2007, 15:58 (Ref:2011300)   #67
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Let's all just calm down for a second here until an official announcement is made (unless I just missed it!).

It seems autosport have jumped the gun, but in all likelihood I don't see them being that far from the truth....surely?
Old 13 Sep 2007, 15:58 (Ref:2011301)   #68
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Read backwards in the thread, davyboy.......
Old 13 Sep 2007, 15:59 (Ref:2011302)   #69
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, exclusion was always an option I beleive.

Nothing has been made official that I know of though...it'll be interesting to see what the official verdict/reasoning is, if we are told.
Old 13 Sep 2007, 16:00 (Ref:2011305)   #70
skmanuk
Racer

England
skmanuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know info is very sketchy, the only site I can see any information is Planet F1.

But "excluded" from the "Championship", can that be interpreted as being able to run the cars but receiving no constructors points or trophies??
Old 13 Sep 2007, 16:00 (Ref:2011307)   #71
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Two things.

Sky News is is saying that what's appeared on the websites is gossip from Spa, no more, and that the formal decision has still to be announced.

Secondly, I'm not clear if this applies to the team only, as in Hungary, or also to the drivers. I suppose if the McLarens raced this year did use technology acquired from Ferrari, it would have to be both.
Old 13 Sep 2007, 16:01 (Ref:2011308)   #72
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Five Live have just said they could be excluded
Old 13 Sep 2007, 16:02 (Ref:2011309)   #73
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
nevermind...

Last edited by ljakse; 13 Sep 2007 at 16:04.
Old 13 Sep 2007, 16:02 (Ref:2011310)   #74
pottiella
Veteran

pottiella should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
websites are crashing right left and centre...this is gonna be a travesty...and a huge blow for the sport, not just McLaren...I can't see Autosport being too far off the mark.
Old 13 Sep 2007, 16:02 (Ref:2011311)   #75
skmanuk
Racer

England
skmanuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Five Livehave just trailed that they are about to report on hearing as part of the 5 oclock news