Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 17 Mar 2010, 01:07 (Ref:2653885)   #26
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
I think that's fair comment

What makes Mark so attractive as a fan (I mean as a driver to support, not physically) is that he is flawed. I do like Alonso but I could never be a true fan of his, because he's too good. I like supporting the tragic hero, those that are flawed and doomed to failure because of their flaws, hence my preference of Webber and my retrospective preference of Damon and JPM (although I've always liked them - just now it's for different reasons)
Erm, Damon and JPM have won things, please don't band them with Webber.
Old 17 Mar 2010, 08:34 (Ref:2654017)   #27
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSbaby View Post
In terms of 'overall' ability and talent, I would rate Webber with the likes of Barrichello. Is that a fair comparison? Both maligned drivers who seem to promise much but not quite capable of grabbing the 'bull by the horns', race after race, like the top tier drivers.
Yeah, Berger's another

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
Erm, Damon and JPM have won things, please don't band them with Webber.
Damon maybe not, although his story didn't end with him winning the title. I'd say JPM was a pretty tragic figure in F1 terms - had the talent to do so much but made one mistake too many, and ended up by wasting it by running with his tail between his legs across the Atlantic
Old 17 Mar 2010, 20:18 (Ref:2654488)   #28
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I'd say JPM was a pretty tragic figure in F1 terms - had the talent to do so much but made one mistake too many, and ended up by wasting it by running with his tail between his legs across the Atlantic
Not to take this too far off topic but i think that JPM was simply born into the wrong era of F1 and he decided that he didn't want to be in it anymore, now, back to Seb Vs Mark.....
Old 19 Mar 2010, 05:18 (Ref:2655351)   #29
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
RBR transport truck, reportedly Mark Webber's involved in a "pile up" in Melbourne:

http://www.theage.com.au/sport/motor...0319-qkyh.html

he was harping on about having a new, lighter chassis built and ready for this race as well.... but, i would be surprising if any of the contents were damaged by the sounds of it...
Old 19 Mar 2010, 23:32 (Ref:2656126)   #30
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Christ, the guy can't even drive a truck.

I'll be surprised if they don't replace him with Kimi now.
Old 20 Mar 2010, 07:41 (Ref:2656249)   #31
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Broad daylight, clear weather, and apparently smashed straight into the back of a another car. Sounds like someone other than Webber.
Old 20 Mar 2010, 13:50 (Ref:2656406)   #32
Mak
Veteran

Mak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
Broad daylight, clear weather, and apparently smashed straight into the back of a another car. Sounds like someone other than Webber.
1 race in and everyone is sticking the knife in... I suppose he will just have to shut all these people up on the track, like he did last year. Webber is an oz and will handle the pressure better than most. Loads of repect to him, he is actually doing it. No bull**** there.
Old 20 Mar 2010, 16:30 (Ref:2656586)   #33
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak View Post
I suppose he will just have to shut all these people up on the track, like he did last year.
By getting out scored and out qualified by his team mate. Like he did last year?
Old 20 Mar 2010, 16:48 (Ref:2656599)   #34
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Maybe Webber can use the innovative 'smoke screen' device to better effect at his home race? Deploying it just 'before' the first corner would work much better IMO.
Old 20 Mar 2010, 17:28 (Ref:2656648)   #35
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Maybe Webber can use the innovative 'smoke screen' device to better effect at his home race? Deploying it just 'before' the first corner would work much better IMO.
He'll do better in the next race, he's getting used to the lag between hitting the button on his steering wheel and the smoke reaching peak density.
Old 20 Mar 2010, 17:34 (Ref:2656661)   #36
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
He'll do better in the next race, he's getting used to the lag between hitting the button on his steering wheel and the smoke reaching peak density.

I like Mark Webber a lot, he is a good bloke...
Old 20 Mar 2010, 17:42 (Ref:2656679)   #37
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
There's no doubting that he's a "good bloke", and certainly he's refreshingly outspoken on many things. Like everyone else, he has an opinion.
Old 20 Mar 2010, 18:36 (Ref:2656736)   #38
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post

I like Mark Webber a lot, he is a good bloke...
Yeah me too, let's wait for more races and see how it unfolds.
Old 27 Mar 2010, 20:17 (Ref:2661201)   #39
Mr V
Veteran

England
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Mark was mighty today, but Seb was mightier!

Q2, Mark seemed to spend alot of time on the track putting in some good laps, then Seb came along and one lap eclipsed everyone!

Alot was made of Mark making a mistake on his fastest lap, but Seb did the same on his fastest lap, if each mistake didn't happen i'd imagine that the result would have stayed the same, but that both Red Bull's would have been even quicker than the rest of the field!
Old 27 Mar 2010, 20:29 (Ref:2661212)   #40
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
These two Red Bull lads are very fast...Mark looked faultless during Q, brilliant stuff..
Old 27 Mar 2010, 20:38 (Ref:2661223)   #41
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Now... to the first corner !
Old 27 Mar 2010, 20:52 (Ref:2661233)   #42
Mr V
Veteran

England
I don't think the boys at the front will have to worry (famous last words), but if i was Lewis i'd be s***ing myself, it all seems to kick off midfield at Melbourne!
Old 27 Mar 2010, 21:22 (Ref:2661244)   #43
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
"a bee's dick off pole!"--I love that quote, so refreshing to hear that sort of thing.

a tenth of a second off....hardly being positively beaten.
Old 27 Mar 2010, 21:49 (Ref:2661257)   #44
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel's getting better and better all the time. I'd be very suprised if he didn't win the championship. He's a star for sure.
Old 27 Mar 2010, 22:57 (Ref:2661282)   #45
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He's unbelievable. He just needs to stop making mistakes. Then he could be the best in the sport
Old 27 Mar 2010, 23:15 (Ref:2661291)   #46
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Those bloody German fellows... They are just too good...
Old 28 Mar 2010, 09:06 (Ref:2661550)   #47
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
like Bill Maher, "I'm Swiss"
HughGJohnson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel has been tremendously unlucky in his first two races. If it weren't for that Vettel would have a huge lead over Webber. As it is Vettel "only" has twice as many points as Webber. It's not looking good for Webber.

I think round 2 is going the way many thought round 1 would. I think Red Bull should pull the Prost/Mansell swith on their cars. It's not going to hurt them that much if Webber's car blows up. Webber so far has at best been subpar. Horrendous in quali at Bahrain and in the Oz race.
Old 28 Mar 2010, 09:09 (Ref:2661553)   #48
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
Horrendous? I told you a million times before not to overexaggerate
Old 28 Mar 2010, 09:29 (Ref:2661571)   #49
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
like Bill Maher, "I'm Swiss"
HughGJohnson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Horrendous? I told you a million times before not to overexaggerate
I understand you're a Webber fan and all, but are you not extremely disapointed? I honestly feel I may have understated it.
Old 28 Mar 2010, 13:04 (Ref:2661706)   #50
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
He wasn't horrendous. He made a couple of mistakes. But he also made several overtakes and set the fastest lap. Hardly Ide-esque. Same for Bahrain - he made a mistake in quali on his lap

If that's horrendous, then how would you describe Piquet Jr's career?