Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 Oct 2012, 13:13 (Ref:3147073)   #51
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wrong page.

Old 6 Oct 2012, 13:18 (Ref:3147074)   #52
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia

Off News.com.au tonight. So it dont worry some to show it. l ololol
Old 6 Oct 2012, 14:59 (Ref:3147116)   #53
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downoz View Post

Off News.com.au tonight. So it dont worry some to show it. l ololol
Probably being "Special Mild", it has a lower nicotine/tar level. Ergo, much safer to show..... *Sarcasm*
Old 6 Oct 2012, 19:13 (Ref:3147177)   #54
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sorry, can't reply, just have to dash off the the shops for some Marlboro. Can't understand why I have this sudden urge......
Old 6 Oct 2012, 20:57 (Ref:3147219)   #55
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerf1champ View Post
I think it actually draws more attention to the particular cigarette company, than if it had just been left alone. A little ironic, I think.
Bingo. It's ludicrous. It insults the intelligence of the audience.
Old 6 Oct 2012, 21:28 (Ref:3147231)   #56
douglasjames671
Rookie

Australia
Brisbane
douglasjames671 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddouglasjames671 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To quote Dan Bowden from Facebook

Try blanking this out... The channel 7 censorship of the cigarette sponsorship on the iconic race cars this weekend is upsetting and totally absurd, especially on all the historic racing footage. Note it is NOT a legal requirement for them to block the cars livery out, the laws are about the cigarette companies currently advertising and people getting money from them, which is not happening! There is no legal precedent for them to be doing this, and it is not needed with significant historical icons like these Bathurst race cars. Its a tragic way to be representing our motorsport history this 50th year on the mountain.
If you agree with us on this, please share this uncensored image of the Brock/ Richards 1979 Bathurst winner proudly and let them know your thoughts. We certainly are..

I concur fully
Old 6 Oct 2012, 22:13 (Ref:3147254)   #57
Oran Park Forever
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
Oran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOran Park Forever should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lovin the old b&w footage they showed this morning....
Including close ups of spectators casually enjoying a ciggie!!

& the voice over announcing the 'Gallagher 500' with images of the Gallagher GT Falcon promo cars!!

Maybe the photo shop geeks at chan 7 are too young to realise it was a ciggie brand!!
Old 6 Oct 2012, 22:23 (Ref:3147259)   #58
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
So you think that by bluring out the images, we've saved a life? Let me guess, you also think that driving at 62 will kill a busload of children?

This country is going to ****. Gone are the days where you could make a decision for yourself (also, for the record, my team is sponsored by an alcohol brand, yet i dont drink, imagine that...)
Look, I'm fed up with political correctness too, but the adverse effects of smoking on people's health is just sooooooo hideous that I'm prepared to go along with almost anything in this area.

My friends father was a heavy smoker and came down with circulation problems in his legs because of it, gangrene set in and after amputating his toes they then wanted to amputate his legs, my friends mother wouldn't allow it because she new he wouldn't want to live like that.........sadly he passed away not long after, now my friends mother is lonely and suffering depression, all because of smoking, he could have lived years longer.

News came to me the other day of an old workmate that is now beginning to go through the same thing.........another smoker.
Old 6 Oct 2012, 22:25 (Ref:3147261)   #59
db120176
Racer

Australia
Sydney CBD
db120176 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddb120176 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't work out if I'm more okay with the blurring or the use of the words "Bathurst 82, Bathurst 83 or Bathurst 84' over the top of Malboro when they had all of Brock's winning cars out there as a memorial shortly after he died
Old 6 Oct 2012, 22:46 (Ref:3147271)   #60
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After watching the utes race, and seeing one of them also with the same livery as the T8 car, except the bonnet was the correct version. Whats the difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Look, I'm fed up with political correctness too, but the adverse effects of smoking on people's health is just sooooooo hideous that I'm prepared to go along with almost anything in this area.

My friends father was a heavy smoker and came down with circulation problems in his legs because of it, gangrene set in and after amputating his toes they then wanted to amputate his legs, my friends mother wouldn't allow it because she new he wouldn't want to live like that.........sadly he passed away not long after, now my friends mother is lonely and suffering depression, all because of smoking, he could have lived years longer.

News came to me the other day of an old workmate that is now beginning to go through the same thing.........another smoker.
These people must have been pretty weak minded (IF) they just started smoking because it is on the side of a racing car.

There is benificial things to prevent smoking (education about their effects would be the biggest), but blurring out images wont do a thing, and you're delusional if you think that.
Old 7 Oct 2012, 01:19 (Ref:3147325)   #61
Senna05
Veteran

Australia
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Senna05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Meanwhile, we have Hungry Jacks, Monster and Rockstar being advertised, while it is openly recognised that we have problems in our society with obesity, diabetes and heart disease.

Oooops, better not give Roxon more ideas!
Old 7 Oct 2012, 01:39 (Ref:3147329)   #62
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
next minute theyll get rid of Castrol sponsorship in the 100th Bathurst Anniversary highlights to stop people from being addicted to sniffing oil.
Old 7 Oct 2012, 02:40 (Ref:3147340)   #63
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
next minute theyll get rid of Castrol sponsorship in the 100th Bathurst Anniversary highlights to stop people from being addicted to sniffing oil.
Next thing to go will be the drink advertising...
Old 7 Oct 2012, 02:55 (Ref:3147346)   #64
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Andrew Fisher in the Jesus ute will be in trouble, Julia the athiest, will get him
Old 7 Oct 2012, 03:16 (Ref:3147354)   #65
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
So you think that by bluring out the images, we've saved a life? Let me guess, you also think that driving at 62 will kill a busload of children?

This country is going to ****. Gone are the days where you could make a decision for yourself (also, for the record, my team is sponsored by an alcohol brand, yet i dont drink, imagine that...)
stealthy, it's a non-issue........they've done the responsible thing and it's not worth worrying about.
Old 7 Oct 2012, 03:35 (Ref:3147358)   #66
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
stealthy, it's a non-issue........they've done the responsible thing and it's not worth worrying about.
Wasting money on pointless advertising bans (and the funding thats required to antiadvertise) is not a responsible thing!

A responsible thing would be to not start smoking in the first place.
Old 7 Oct 2012, 04:39 (Ref:3147370)   #67
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downoz View Post
Andrew Fisher in the Jesus ute will be in trouble, Julia the athiest, will get him
We can only hope.
Old 7 Oct 2012, 06:18 (Ref:3147395)   #68
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Unfortunately, political correctness is now virtually all-pervading. When you reach the stage of actually seeking to erase history, I see that as pretty sad.
Don't get me started on political correctness!

For one thing it seems odd to me you can show people on TV fornicating or getting violently murdered or swearing like a drunken sailor, or all of the usual blood and gore on the news, but you show the words "Marlboro" and it's the most godawful horrific thing ever seen.

It seems the use of censorship is not proportionate.

Has the ban on ciggie advertising really made a difference? I'm not so sure.
Old 7 Oct 2012, 06:28 (Ref:3147400)   #69
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
...you can show people on TV fornicating or getting violently murdered....
On TV nowdays the bible thumping censors seems to think almost any violence is acceptable, but god forbid you see an exposed nipple and they fear all society will come crashing down.
Old 7 Oct 2012, 06:31 (Ref:3147402)   #70
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna05 View Post
Meanwhile, we have Hungry Jacks, Monster and Rockstar being advertised, while it is openly recognised that we have problems in our society with obesity, diabetes and heart disease.

Oooops, better not give Roxon more ideas!
You wont have to hold your breath waiting. Here in the USA, New York City has already banned sodas over 500 ml and there are other moves to tax fast food, sodium, fats, etc as well.

I'm sure it's a matter of time before the greenies in Australia seize on it.

I understand the concerns about the effects of smoking. I've seen more than a few people die painful deaths because of it. I'm not sure what we do about it as a society, as you look at alcohol and all of the health and crime effects from that, as well as illegal drugs, and people just keep at it, legal or not, advertised or not.
Old 7 Oct 2012, 06:40 (Ref:3147407)   #71
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
You wont have to hold your breath waiting. Here in the USA, New York City has already banned sodas over 500 ml and there are other moves to tax fast food, sodium, fats, etc as well.

I'm sure it's a matter of time before the greenies in Australia seize on it.

I understand the concerns about the effects of smoking. I've seen more than a few people die painful deaths because of it. I'm not sure what we do about it as a society, as you look at alcohol and all of the health and crime effects from that, as well as illegal drugs, and people just keep at it, legal or not, advertised or not.
You leave it as is. Let people make their own choices of what they want to bput into their body (tobacco, alcohol, fatty food). If you wish to consume these things, you accept the notion that you WILL die alot sooner, and probably a painful death aswell.
Old 7 Oct 2012, 06:46 (Ref:3147414)   #72
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
You leave it as is. Let people make their own choices of what they want to bput into their body (tobacco, alcohol, fatty food). If you wish to consume these things, you accept the notion that you WILL die alot sooner, and probably a painful death aswell.
..........and in the meantime the taxpayers pick up the tab for medical bills that run into millions.
Old 7 Oct 2012, 07:58 (Ref:3147447)   #73
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
..........and in the meantime the taxpayers pick up the tab for medical bills that run into millions.
Well thats another thing i dont agree with, tax payers having to pay for that sort of thing. You should have to foot your own bill if its proven that your bad habits were the cause of your ill health
Old 7 Oct 2012, 08:39 (Ref:3147467)   #74
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Well thats another thing i dont agree with, tax payers having to pay for that sort of thing. You should have to foot your own bill if its proven that your bad habits were the cause of your ill health
I don't believe you could sit on your hands and do nothing while watching someone suffer from a smoking related illness knowing that their addiction started at a time when they were nothing more than an impressionable teenager.
Old 7 Oct 2012, 08:46 (Ref:3147473)   #75
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
I don't believe you could sit on your hands and do nothing while watching someone suffer from a smoking related illness knowing that their addiction started at a time when they were nothing more than an impressionable teenager.
Protip, we're all impressionable teenagers at one point in time (me, probably more recently than you)

I dont smoke or drink, despite all the advertising in motorracing for these products over the years (cigarettes, at the time i was an impressionable teeneager)

People who cant make a decision for themselves, deserve everything they get! Live with the consequences of your actions!