Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One > Predictions Contest & Fun

Old 6 Jul 2014, 20:31 (Ref:3431162)   #1
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2014 R9 GBR - Results

GB notes

Gutierrez arrives with 10 place grid penalty from the last round which costs him 20 points and Sauber 10 points.
Once going required an out of sequence gearbox change so another 5 places and 10 points for him and 5 for the team.
Chilton required an out of sequence Gearbox change as well costing him 10 points and the team 5 Marussia 5 points.

Ericsson and Kobayashi both failed to set a time within 107% but were allowed to race, this is a 50 point driver penalty
Maldonado was excluded after qualifying for not having enough fuel for testing, but was also allowed to start at the cost of 50 points. He is placed above the Caterham duo on the grid due to having actually set a time.
As qualifying bonuses are awarded on time only, Maldonado keeps his qualifying bonus point.

5 cars failed to finish, 3 through accident damage, leaving Ericsson (suspension) and Rosberg (Gearbox) scoring Technical DNFs with -5 points to Caterham and Mercedes respectively.

On to the results and there was a clear winner this event with 125 points, it's Alcoholics Racing Team, 2nd was L&P World Famous Racing with 110. Born Racer's Born Racers finished in third scoring 96 points, just one more than the trio of Lucky GP, Duke GPE and Snowboard Racing who all had 95pts.

In the overall there has been a bit of a shake up with Tuk Tuk Racing taking over as Leader with 665 points, Racing For Sealand drops to second with 652 points. Round winner Alcoholics Racing Team jumps up to 3rd with 632 points.

In the Fantasy drivers championship
Hamilton closes the gap on Rosberg and Alonso moves up into second place.
Only 2 teams currently have Alonso as one of their drivers...is now the time to use that Free substitution or perhaps gamble on a second.
Remember if you do want to use a substitution It has be posted and ahead of FP1 at the next event, it has to be unique and stay within the financial limitations.
Attached Thumbnails
Race Result.jpg   Team Result.jpg   Overall After GBR.jpg  

Fantasy Drivers.jpg  
Old 7 Jul 2014, 18:07 (Ref:3431512)   #2
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
wow, 125 points for Alcoholics Racing Team. good job!

is that the largest winning total to date?

also glad to see SuperChilliF1 is once again moving up the table in the right direction! P12 to P10 look out.

thanks SBF
Old 7 Jul 2014, 21:32 (Ref:3431561)   #3
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Some big scores there. Sometimes these things just come to you. (I wish they would come to me.)

I'm sure this is not a new point, but one I just noticed. Raikkonen scores -8 having had a self-inflicted accident. Rosberg scores -34 due to a failure of the car for which he is blameless. This doesn't seem like the ideal way to apportion points as Rosberg is penalised for qualifying well and Raikkonen goes relatively lightly penalised because he qualified badly. Maybe something could be done about this for next year (?).

Also Massa scored -12 for being wiped out in the same accident as Raikkonen.

Just to clarify, none of the drivers affected are in my fantasy team.
Old 7 Jul 2014, 22:09 (Ref:3431570)   #4
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was watching the race yesterday and thinking that Rosberg's retirement would even up the championship a bit. I then realised what my fantasy team was..........

Many thanks for all your work SBF.
Old 7 Jul 2014, 22:41 (Ref:3431579)   #5
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
Some big scores there. Sometimes these things just come to you. (I wish they would come to me.)

I'm sure this is not a new point, but one I just noticed. Raikkonen scores -8 having had a self-inflicted accident. Rosberg scores -34 due to a failure of the car for which he is blameless. This doesn't seem like the ideal way to apportion points as Rosberg is penalised for qualifying well and Raikkonen goes relatively lightly penalised because he qualified badly. Maybe something could be done about this for next year (?).

Also Massa scored -12 for being wiped out in the same accident as Raikkonen.

Just to clarify, none of the drivers affected are in my fantasy team.
The plus/minus points is one of the most contentious issues, yet it's been a constant in the competition from before I took over running it.
It really just this year where it's been a mechanical lottery and those at the front have been effected regularly that's more people are noticing it.

With regards how the better qualifiers end up with high minus scores, they do get qualification bonuses.

Also you'll notice that drivers who don't finish get zero points regardless of accident or technical DNF, the constructor gets the Tech DNF penalty.

Each year I review the points structure, what worked what didn't. For this year there were very few changes but more clarifications. I already have privately noted a few possible changes for next year....

I'm open to suggestions on changes, PM me if anyone has any ideas, remember though, that they have to be fair, matters of fact and not opinion, and be represented through the FIA official results.
Old 15 Jul 2014, 13:16 (Ref:3434113)   #6
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yup this round sure did a number on my standings, can only hope for a bounce back in Germany