Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 30 Jan 2004, 13:34 (Ref:856388)   #1
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
FIA GT/LMES/ALMS Prediction championships?

Ive noticed that on some of the other boards here at ten-tenths have prediction championships, just curious as to whether anyone here is planning on starting one and following it through during the course of the season? Would be quite a lot of fun Id think. Dont ask me to do the scoring though - maths isnt my strong subject.

What do u guys think?
Old 30 Jan 2004, 18:16 (Ref:856706)   #2
simon c
Racer

simon c should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'll second that saleen. sure to prompt some educated debate
Old 30 Jan 2004, 18:47 (Ref:856756)   #3
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd be interested also, but would like to see who actually does come in to race in the various series....we still have some speculation out there...

Of course, there will be the usual "Predict the Pole" and "Predict the Winners" for LM....always a lot of fun

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 30 Jan 2004, 18:51 (Ref:856761)   #4
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, I always enjoy them too Tim. The main reason I thought of this was because I know there are Prediction championships for other racing series both here on ten-tenths and on other discussion forums, so I thought why not do the same for the ALMS, FIA GT and the LMES? If the intrest is there that is, providing someone kept score during the course of the season and worked out a way to score the series I think it could work, as I say though coudnt be me as im defintly no mathmatican Im afraid.
Old 3 Feb 2004, 20:23 (Ref:861778)   #5
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I passed maths in my exams , not a clue how I did that though . How exactly do you mean when you mean scoring . Like one point for fastest lap and one for most laps led . 10 points for first 8 for second and so on , and 10 for being on the podium . Every driver has a price , tyres have a price , chassis have a price .

Example . Given 50 million points as a start base for everyone , you must pick a chassis , an engine , tyres and two drivers and a test driver . So you might end up with an R&S with a Kytek engine and Lechner and Drudi as your drivers with a non-regular as your test driver . The whole point is to give everything a price , so for example you cant afford to have an AUDI R8 with a Judd engine peddled by Kristensen and Magnussan . A two car team would only score points with its first points scoring car and the next best finisher would automatically move up into that spot . A disqualification would mean no points and coming from 8th to 3rd would get 5 points for position gained . A car starting from 12 and finishing in 3rd would score 6 for 3rd place and 10 for a top 6 plus 5 for position gained and maybe a point for fast lap and another point for most laps led .

I can see some confusion over the differant classes though . Anybody got any more ideas for this . I agree , it would be a great laugh . All bets could be paid in full at the next race meeting (beer) . This needs thinking about , and quickly too . The first race aint far off !!!

Tim ..... put your thinking cap on

Last edited by The Badger; 3 Feb 2004 at 20:27.
Old 6 Feb 2004, 00:57 (Ref:864849)   #6
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Well theres 2 ways of doing this the way I see it, the simple way would be to calculate this way. Score the points the same way they do in FIA GT and F1, points down to 8 places, what Id suggest is predict the top 8 finishers for each class, and score them the same way as they do in the FIA series, and also predict the top 8 finishers overall, awarding double points if a NGT class car finishes in the top 8 overall that u predicted, someone then keeps score of how many points each player has during the course of the season, I think this could be done quite easily by using Excel. If u wanted to take it further u could predict the pole for each class too, with say a 5 point bonus for guessing correctly.

The best way though would be to do something like www.dreamracers.com - where u have a budget and with that budget u have to choose 2 cars, tyres, engine etc, its quite complex but if u visit the site u will soon see how it works, although Im not sure if u have to register first. As I say though I dont know how to use Excel that well really, and im no HTML expert, but if someone wants to give this idea a go then Id be up for it. Create leauges for ALMS, FIA GT and LMES that would be great I think, and theres the intrest there now to make this work, hopefully....
Old 6 Feb 2004, 03:01 (Ref:864948)   #7
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i would be interested in helping/running the leagues. I used to do something similar for the WRC and ALMS a few years back. I would be willing to help someone if needed.
Old 6 Feb 2004, 13:49 (Ref:865432)   #8
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Im not sure but I think that 1 person could manage the simpler championship on their own, providing they know how to use Excel. What we would need for each round is a "pick ems" thread where before the race starts u predict what the top 8 in each class will be, points scored like 10,8,6,5,4,3,2,1 and a extra 1 point bonoues for predicting the pole in each class. At the end of that round the score is counted for each person and stored via excel, at the end of the season whoever has the most points wins, what do u guys think? Dont think I really explained it too well last night. So is anyone intrested in running/helping 19Dodge run the championship? And just how many people would be intrested in playing in the championships? If u are intrested then say so HERE!
Old 6 Feb 2004, 14:11 (Ref:865461)   #9
19dodge
Veteran

yea, i can easily manage the easy championship. Sounds like a good idea, Saleen. For example: FIA GT would have 2 classes, so you would end up picking the top 8 in each class + the polesitters in each class. ALMS and LMES could be a little more complicated. But since some teams dont run the full ALMS/LMES, it would be good to just pick the top 8 in each week, rather than sticking with 2 or 3 teams that may not run the full season.

I am pretty good with excel, i can make a spreadsheet pretty easily.

I think the next thing we should do is set up a web site that would have all this info. I have the webspace from my Mods for F12002/F1C. I can also design the site (it will be a basic design).

Ill think of some more things later, and hopefully start on the excel sheet and design of the site tonight.
Old 6 Feb 2004, 14:15 (Ref:865465)   #10
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
What I was thinking Dodge which I forgot to include is, u predict the top 8 overall too, and if u predict say a NGT car to be in the top 8 of a FIA GT race and its the same car u predict then u score double points for that car, or something like that, the same applies to LMES and ALMS, but anyway u get what I mean I think, I woudnt just want to predict the top 8 for each class, but predict the overall top 8, using the same scoring system, but say u did it with LMES well a GTS car would score double points, a LMP 2 car would score triple points,and a GT class quadrouple points, if the car u predicted finished in the top 8 that is, if u get me? Anotherwords the more ur willing to gamble the more u could win, and lose. I dunno Ill let u sort it out lol.

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 6 Feb 2004 at 14:18.
Old 6 Feb 2004, 14:26 (Ref:865479)   #11
19dodge
Veteran

yea, i understand. i think that we shouldnt do an ALMS one, since there is such a thing with very similar results. Its called "SFL" and its on the IMSA message board. I think we should stick to doing LMES and FIAGT.
Old 6 Feb 2004, 14:35 (Ref:865486)   #12
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Hmm ok, although I woudnt mind doing a ALMS one myself too, but hey if the intrest isnt there then perhaps we should stick to LMES and FIA GT, lets see what happens. Sorry I just dont see why we coudnt do one if the IMSA forum does one too, thats all just I know a lot of people here dont post on the ALMS forum.

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 6 Feb 2004 at 14:38.
Old 7 Feb 2004, 02:34 (Ref:866036)   #13
19dodge
Veteran

ok, sure, we can do an alms one too

what do you want to call this? I am in the process of making up the rules, and the web page.
Old 7 Feb 2004, 02:46 (Ref:866044)   #14
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
10/10s ALMS/LMES/FIA GT Fantasy Leauges? Not really sure of a suitable name, can anyone think of one?

P.S Thanks for giving in with regards to the ALMS championship.
Old 7 Feb 2004, 02:48 (Ref:866046)   #15
19dodge
Veteran

I was thinking: Sportscar Simulation Motorsport/Ten-Tenth's Fantasy Challenge.

Sporscar Sim Motorsport is the name of my site. i would kinda like to keep the name in there.
Old 7 Feb 2004, 02:49 (Ref:866047)   #16
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Yeah sure, hey whatever u want to do. Shall we keep the leauges exclusive to ten-tenths members though?
Old 7 Feb 2004, 03:01 (Ref:866050)   #17
19dodge
Veteran

yes, sounds like a good idea
Old 7 Feb 2004, 04:06 (Ref:866064)   #18
19dodge
Veteran

OK,

heres a early version of the site. expect some graphic upgrades later on, but this can get us started at least.

http://sm.racesimcentral.com/SSM/challenge/

i will make a new seprate post here for signups. Before each weekend, I will post a topic that everyone will reply to with their picks. that way, you have to be a 10/10th member to be in the challenge. I changed the alms points a bit, since we probably wont have 8 full time teams in LMP1 or GTS.

Also, anyone that pre-registers to run the full season, will get 1 bonus point. It will be easier on me that way, since i can set up the spreadsheets earlier. I will open a new topic tomorrow for entries.
Old 7 Feb 2004, 12:35 (Ref:866303)   #19
Cadete
Racer

Cadete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey, you're the same 19dodge from RSC thanks for doing this and i just hope that this will not delay the LeMans Carpacks :P
Old 7 Feb 2004, 12:44 (Ref:866306)   #20
19dodge
Veteran

no, it wont delay the LM carpacks right now, we are really just waiting on RSDG to release SCC. we need to have a version of their mod to go any further in development of the carpacks.
Old 7 Feb 2004, 13:26 (Ref:866325)   #21
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Looks like a good site - nice 1 Dodge. Any as to when u will be accpeting entries? I think your idea was probably best with regards to making it more complex, ie having a NGT car finish in the top 8 overall and scoring double points, itd have only made things too complicated. Good site, thanks for your trouble. Hopefully we will have some intrest.
Old 7 Feb 2004, 14:35 (Ref:866363)   #22
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well i'll take part, i'm not letting your hard work go to waste now! Course I will take part, you definatly get interest from me

Nice site too

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 7 Feb 2004, 20:03 (Ref:866550)   #23
19dodge
Veteran

ok, i opened up a new thread with a signup. I will be making changes to the rules before the start of the season. The points system will stay, but there will be a few other ways to recieve points. And Saleen, yes, there will be a Overall prediction top 8 as well. That list can include NGT cars (for the fia gt)