Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 1 May 2000, 22:51 (Ref:7277)   #1
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It is now 10 races, 10 different winners. I was just joking about the prospects of having 34 different winners but how many other drivers who haven't won yet will win this year? Here are a list of drivers who could win at least one race this year:

Tony Stewart
Terry Labonte
Ricky Rudd
Mike Skinner
Matt Kenseth
Steve Park
John Andretti
Bobby Hamilton
Sterling Marlin
Bill Elliott
Kenny Wallace
Kenny Irwin
Joe Nemecheck
Scott Pruett (at a road course)
Old 2 May 2000, 01:01 (Ref:7278)   #2
Heeltoe6
Veteran

Heeltoe6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All of those have potential, but I would not personally include K. Wallace or Irwin (maybe at a plate track). I would also add Schrader (if he remembers where victory lane is ), Mikey Waltrip (plate track), Johnny Benson, Jimmy Spencer (Pocono) and on the more of the outside shots, Kevin Lepage (Atlanta/Charlotte), Little (too bad they already ran TMS, maybe one its many sisters), G. Bodine (road course or Pocono) and DW (gets the infamous "call" for bristol night race ). It's conceivable this streak could go on for a while. We got 22 names between us. That's one shy of 34. Hmm, throw in Kyle PEtty at the ROCK or Dover.
Old 2 May 2000, 02:07 (Ref:7279)   #3
Joe Fan
Veteran

Joe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJoe Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Heeltoe, I expect that Kenny Wallace will win one of the short track races in the near future. He seems to do very well at Martinsville like his brother and he has been in the mix in several short tracks races and always seems to have bad luck.

Kenny Irwin had a good run at Talladega I think this year and I expect that if Nemechek could win in that car that Kenny has a chance to, if he stays out of the wall.

[This message has been edited by Joe Fan (edited 02 May 2000).]
Old 2 May 2000, 02:13 (Ref:7280)   #4
Heeltoe6
Veteran

As long as Kenny Wallace's throttle doesn't stick Bristol I guess would be another track where it could happen, having had a pole there in 97.
Old 4 May 2000, 02:46 (Ref:7281)   #5
Lee
Racer

Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Joe, I don't think that Pruett is going to win, even on a road-course. Reason, He will see that a 3400 lb stock car is an entirly different animal on a road-course, just like he has found out that it is on an oval. He has stated that he expected that alot of things he had learned driving other types of race cars would have helped him, (he called it crossover I think) but that it just wasn't so. He now says that very little has helped, it either "hasn't worked, or has worked just the opposite of how I thought it would." Now granted, he is a skilled, accomplished road racer, but these cars, handle and behave alot different than he thought they did, and than what he is use to.

Heeltoe6, OUCH, throttle sticking, that hurts . That happened to Kenny at Bristol this year I think, and it took the wind out of his sails for a couple of days.

Ya'll have a good evening, I have to get to bed, early morning comming.

Lee
Old 4 May 2000, 03:04 (Ref:7282)   #6
Heeltoe6
Veteran

Kenny's throttle hung wide open at Martinville, after he sat on the outside pole. Story of his career, sadly, if it wasn't for bad luck, it'd be no luck at all.

As for Pruett, I have mixed emotions. He;'s shown he can qualify decent at some tracks, but he can't race for s---. I am inclined to think he can at least do decent (at least top 10) at a road course not only cause of his CART experience but more so because of his Trans-Am seat time and alos some IROC road course he has run. However, both those car are still much lighter than a wc car and can be hustled around a road course more easily, so the jury reminas out. Of course, this all supposes Wells can even provide him with reliable equipmetn, which is doubtful. It'll probably end up like a lot of the other road racer who do the rc's (Said, Kendall, R. Gordon); they'll qualify well, run well, but blow the tranny or engine. (I remember last year at WGI Said was constantly turning the engine over 9000 rpms on the straights, no wonder he blew a motor).
Old 4 May 2000, 22:44 (Ref:7283)   #7
Lee
Racer

Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heeltoe6,
Your right, it was Martinsville, I don't know why I was thinking Bristol, just burned out I guess, not getting enought sleep . Well, I'll see you later. Take care.

Lee

[This message has been edited by Lee (edited 04 May 2000).]