Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 8 Sep 2005, 16:46 (Ref:1402078)   #1
Tailwind
Veteran

United States
Mulvane, KS
Tailwind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Miller Motorsports Park

Is the new Miller Motorsports Park being build near Salt Lake City a track suitable for Champ Cars?

I saw an article on SPEEDTV.com that ALMS is going to add the track to their schedule.

"Set to be America’s longest layout, with 4.5 miles and 24 turns, MMP will host the ALMS/World Challenge doubleheader on July 13-15, while the SunChaser 9-Hour enduro will happen on the September 1-2 weekend. In addition, AMA Superbikes and the Historic Sportscar Racing series will also hold events at the circuit, located on Tooele County, some 35 miles from Salt Lake City.

The facility, which is nearing completion, is the brainchild of Utah Jazz NBA franchise holder Larry Miller. The layout, which also features a 3,500-ft. straight, was designed by Alan Wilson, who also serves as the CEO/General Manager of Miller Motorsports Park. Wilson also designed Barber Motorsports Park near Birmingham, Ala., as well as Carolina Motorsports Park in South Carolina and BeaveRun Motorsports Park in Pennsylvania."
Old 8 Sep 2005, 16:56 (Ref:1402092)   #2
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd love to see ChampCars run there.

It is a very very impressive facility.
Old 8 Sep 2005, 18:10 (Ref:1402158)   #3
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Exactly how close is it to Salt Lake City?
Old 8 Sep 2005, 18:30 (Ref:1402177)   #4
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's within 20 miles of the city.
Old 8 Sep 2005, 19:50 (Ref:1402258)   #5
Flatspot
Veteran

United States
Salt Lake City
Flatspot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I posted a thread in the GT/Sports car forum entitled "New American Track" as today it is most relevant there. There is a link to the traks website there. Do'nt count the possibility of a Champ Car race out as they are being talked to along with the IRL, and Nascar. Don't expect anything for 2006 but maybe beyond. In 2006 the major events are:
ALMS with Speed World Challenge
AMA Superbike
Grand Am
and HRS Historics
Very agressive for a first year on a new track as it is.

It's about 20 miles from the airport and a 40 minute drive from virtually anywhere in the metropolitan area. As a side note my son and I will be racing karts on Saturday on the new kart track at MMSP. First practice tomorrow. A new world class track in my own backyard. Woooo Hooooo!!!!!!!!