Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 May 2001, 04:10 (Ref:98633)   #1
canadianfan
Rookie

canadianfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
who's got balls

After watching JPM driving, it seems he's got the most guts. Some of the overtaking he's done is quite amazing. He reminds me of Gilles villeneuve; someone who'll drive just as hard on the last lap even if he's got an impressive lead.

I wish driver's would understand that this is primarily a spectators sport and the only way that the sport will becoming even better will be with gutsy move. The drivers should have like alesi denounced TC. If they want to be considered the best in the world, they ought to drive like ones and not let computers and technology take care of their mistakes.
Old 30 May 2001, 06:05 (Ref:98651)   #2
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
All that techno stuff did'nt stop him hitting the wall at Monaco did it?
Old 30 May 2001, 06:21 (Ref:98655)   #3
aadpack
Rookie

aadpack should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh yes he is good and gutsy.

But maybe he should take a tranquilizer before starting, maybe he will be a bitt calmer.
Old 30 May 2001, 07:03 (Ref:98665)   #4
Nuvolari
Racer

Nuvolari should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He drove the same way in CART -- balls to the wall.

He did, over time, learn to leaven his banzai style with a measure of patience. THAT is what brought him the championship.
Old 30 May 2001, 08:18 (Ref:98672)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So why has he forgotten it now. Its no good having gonads if you don't have a brain.
Old 30 May 2001, 08:44 (Ref:98681)   #6
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I see now...That his problem is that the left "brain" is not communicating with the right "brain"..
Old 30 May 2001, 09:33 (Ref:98703)   #7
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
JPM, please don't change

I can see JPM improving with mor experience in the F1 arena, but I would not like to see him change his driving style one bit. He is great for F1, what we have been hoping to see for some time. A real challenge to the super confidence of TGF.
Old 30 May 2001, 11:37 (Ref:98776)   #8
Run Free
Racer

Run Free should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: JPM, please don't change

Quote:
Originally posted by Valve Bounce
I can see JPM improving with mor experience in the F1 arena, but I would not like to see him change his driving style one bit. He is great for F1, what we have been hoping to see for some time. A real challenge to the super confidence of TGF.
Oh, we've seen a real challenge for TGF before Montoya, from JV (when he was allowed, of course). Don't label JPM as something unusual or very special, because he isn't. There are several drivers very good in overtaking, and the shame is that THEY haven't a Williams.
And their wonderful passings are not showen in TV, 'coz they're behind and usually we see that boring leaders for most of the time, if we haven't Bernie's TV.
Returning to Montoya, he's been showing too much arrogance: to say "I'm the better, the others have mental weaknesses" or "I've nothing to learn at Monaco" is really stupid. I wonder if he has learned something last Sunday.
Old 30 May 2001, 12:20 (Ref:98820)   #9
Nuvolari
Racer

Nuvolari should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As you are no doubt well aware, Peter, men often keep behaving under the influence of the former seemingly oblivious to the latter!
Old 30 May 2001, 12:28 (Ref:98823)   #10
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Ah! Yes!! But when you have them by the balls, their hearts and minds will follow.
Old 30 May 2001, 14:38 (Ref:98874)   #11
laxman
Racer

laxman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
he sure has balls.....but the way he drove his car at monaco will only get him an early lunch and a ride home.
Old 31 May 2001, 01:09 (Ref:99121)   #12
Sonatrap
Racer

Sonatrap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Monaco´s an anachronistic venue that is kept on the calendar for reason's that have nothing to do with racing and the core values of F1...not surprising then that JPM 'overflowed'

JPM was a little over enthusiastic ...so what ! Name me a class racer who hasn't had his fair share of cock - ups. Whats more JPM is a quick learner and he's honest...no opaque excuses from him.These two ingredients will stand him in good stead for the long term. As VB said he's exactly the injection that the sport needs.

To watch such an exciting driver change his style to accomodate to F1 would be the final straw!
Old 31 May 2001, 03:26 (Ref:99160)   #13
RT
Veteran

United States
Great Lakes Area
RT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jersound
I see now...That his problem is that the left "brain" is not communicating with the right "brain"..
That's a good possibility but first I'd like to find out if there's a brain at all
Old 31 May 2001, 05:20 (Ref:99174)   #14
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Nuvolari
He did, over time, learn to leaven his banzai style with a measure of patience. THAT is what brought him the championship.
Actually, if you recall, in Cart, he could have wraped up the championship several races before the season was over; however, he stuffed the car into a few walls in the final few races, and it went right to the wire. He only won it because he had more wins than Dario Franchitti.

He was even more inconsistent the next year. Although his car was constantly failing, he would put into the wall about as often. Sometimes it appeared to be other drivers fault, but it still happened. That said, he still managed a few wins last year, when his car stayed in one piece, and wasn't in smoke.

All that said, I wouldn't make a big deal of his mistake in Monaco, it was only his second to take him out of a race this year. However if he takes himself out of many more, Frank will begin to ask questions. (remember Frentzen...)
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 31 May 2001, 05:30 (Ref:99178)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Jay
.....................................................................................However if he takes himself out of many more, Frank will begin to ask questions. (remember Frentzen...)
Where have I read that before?