Home  
Site Partners: Veloce Books OldRacingCars.com  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > The Chassis History Archive

Old 22 Mar 2010, 19:45 (Ref:2658056)   #1
Stan Hibberd
Rookie

England
Rugby
Stan Hibberd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Buckler Chassis

As a very new 10 Tenths member I have been looking for a Buckler Chassis thread.

As a Buckler Car owner and a founder member of the Buckler Register I am enquiring here whether there would be interest in a Buckler Chassis thread
Old 6 May 2010, 08:43 (Ref:2685213)   #2
Sidevalve Sam
Rookie

Isle of Man
Sidevalve Sam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To get things going Stan here is a photo of a typical Buckler Mk 5 rolling chassis. The Mk 5 being the first chassis design from Derek Buckler and unveiled in 1947. It might help others to identify barn finds.
Attached Thumbnails
Buckler Mk 5 running chassis.jpg  

Last edited by Sidevalve Sam; 6 May 2010 at 08:49. Reason: new to the forum
Old 7 May 2010, 19:24 (Ref:2686221)   #3
Sidevalve Sam
Rookie

Isle of Man
Sidevalve Sam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Buckler Mark 10

Buckler Mk 10. From circa 1950. This quickly followed the Mark 5 and it's longer wheelbase version the Mk6 and was also based on Ford 1172cc running parts. Buckler I.F.S and special gear and axle ratios gave a true sports car feel to the car and a number were raced under the 1172 Formula and in other speed events.

It seems likely the Mk 10 ( also with longer wheelbase version Mk 11) was to be made on a proper production line but post war government regulations made it impossible for Bucklers to purchase the new engines and other parts offered by the Ford Motor Co., so these cars were eventually offered mostly for home completion. The body shells were made within the Buckler works complex at Crowthorne Berkshire by C.F.Taylor, who hand beat aluminium sheets into wooden moulds, producing a machine pressed appearance to the panels. Taylor also produced the bodies for the Healey Abbott.
Attached Thumbnails
Mark 10 works drawing copyright.jpg   Buckler Mk10 side.JPG  

Last edited by Sidevalve Sam; 7 May 2010 at 19:33. Reason: adding photo
Old 29 Oct 2010, 21:46 (Ref:2782327)   #4
rochdaleproject
Rookie

rochdaleproject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidevalve Sam View Post
To get things going Stan here is a photo of a typical Buckler Mk 5 rolling chassis. It might help others to identify barn finds.
Hi all,

Having just purchased a Rochdale Bodied Mark V buckler I am on the look out for a new MARK V chassis, If I find one there will be a bag of hens teeth located next to it!!!! A barn find would be the best bet or a buckler club member who decides that he doesn't need one anymore! Either way my Mark V chassis is definately non repairable, further info can be seen at http://www.rochdaleproject.co.uk/pag...476573470.html

If anyone has one sitting around gathering dust I can definately give it a good new home.......

cheers

James
Old 29 Oct 2010, 23:47 (Ref:2782375)   #5
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Guts of a lion, James. Best of luck to you.

Sam, is that a "Gamesters of Triskelion" flag?

Edit: James, just for fun I dug out this thread of a mystery mobile from a while ago. Perhaps it's worth comparing to your car and knowledge base? This one's got front disc brakes, but the intact rear coachwork on your car brought it to mind.The more I look, the less similarities I see though...
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...ghlight=Turner

Last edited by JagtechOhio; 30 Oct 2010 at 00:03.
Old 30 Oct 2010, 00:18 (Ref:2782380)   #6
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
James, one other tidbit in case you haven't found it...

http://www.bucklercars.com/register_history.htm