Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 23 May 2003, 17:50 (Ref:608166)   #26
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lee, I must admit that Dale Snr's move on Labonte which Tim is on about was well out of order-you could even hear the boo's from the crowd on the TV and I got the impression that even some of his (Snr's)hardened fans were less than impressed that night! At the end of the day I can't say I have a favourite driver though I do tend to cheer on Jeff (the 1st Brickyard was amazing!)though I'm just as pleased if Jnr/Stewart win(some of his IRL drives were nothing short of awesome)-I respect most of them-while I was chuffed for Johnson's last race win. Everybody touches someone sometime out there whether it's on purpose or not-NASCAR will surely act on anything thats not in the spirit of competition but otherwise nobody is perfect out there-everybody does it at some point!
Old 24 May 2003, 03:26 (Ref:608468)   #27
Roselady3
Veteran

Roselady3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DE came from a different era of racing.
Oldschool.
He was an agressive driver & he needed to win. It was in his nature. In the old days- racing was all about getting to the front doing what you had to do. The Chrome horn was excepted & expected.
In the past few years the PC drivers have taken over & now fans get all upset that "my driver was bumped" Part of the talent expected to be proven is to NOT loose control of your car when punted by another driver. & if it is, it's just a racin' deal. Unfortunatly- it has become "candy assed" driving & I feel that it has lost some of the idenity that the old races had.

Hi Tim!!! How's ya doing???
Old 25 May 2003, 02:05 (Ref:609149)   #28
24thunder
Veteran

24thunder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jeff Gordon is still leading all active drivers in the stats though!
#24,1995,1997,1998,2001 Champion,1991 Busch ROTY,1993 Nextel Cup ROTY,3 Daytona 500 victories,5 Southern 500 victories,4 time Brickyard 400 winner,3 Coca-Cola 600 wins,8 road course(record)victories!
Old 25 May 2003, 04:34 (Ref:609185)   #29
Roselady3
Veteran

Roselady3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gheesh Thunder---give me a break! Like ya haven't told me that over a hundred times.

What happens when somebody passes him up? Will you still be his fan when he goes into a slump?? Will you stick by him when he isn't having the best of years??

I will find it very interesting to watch what all the Jeffie fans do when he doesn't win races- & gets past up in the stats department. Will they remain loyal??- or will they jump from one bandwagon to another uprising star who is winning.

In most cases- I have found that most people stick with their drivers through thick & thin. But the New School Jeffie Fans are different.

Don't worry 24T- I'm not picking on you. I have this feeling that you will go to your grave yelling "JG is Great" But what about all those fans who liked him because he was the one who was winning?
Old 26 May 2003, 04:25 (Ref:610089)   #30
24thunder
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Roselady3
Gheesh Thunder---give me a break! Like ya haven't told me that over a hundred times.

What happens when somebody passes him up? Will you still be his fan when he goes into a slump?? Will you stick by him when he isn't having the best of years??

I will find it very interesting to watch what all the Jeffie fans do when he doesn't win races- & gets past up in the stats department. Will they remain loyal??- or will they jump from one bandwagon to another uprising star who is winning.

In most cases- I have found that most people stick with their drivers through thick & thin. But the New School Jeffie Fans are different.

Don't worry 24T- I'm not picking on you. I have this feeling that you will go to your grave yelling "JG is Great" But what about all those fans who liked him because he was the one who was winning?

In case U haven't noticed Jeff Gordon has been somewhat less spetacular in the wake of Ray Evernham's departure,but He does still keep piling up the stats,IMO Jeff Gordon may well lead in all main stat categories,except The King's 200 victories,that's from a different era(for the most part)and I don't see any current driver surpassing that awesome stat,unless NASCAR goes back to 45+ races in a single season again,don;t believe that'll happen again!
The fans that I fell sorry for,or am inspired by are the fans of some drivers that race in 100+ straight races without a win and yet They continue to cheer Their fave driver(s),that's the NASCAR fanatics,LOL!
#24,1995,1997,1998,2001 Champion,1991 Busch ROTY,1993 Nextel Cup ROTY,3 Daytona 500 victories,5 Southern 500 victories,4 time Brickyard 400 winner,3 Coca-Cola 600 wins,8 road course(record)victories!
Old 26 May 2003, 16:22 (Ref:610603)   #31
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was finally able to see higlights from Winston yesterday evening (that's what it is to be a European NASCAR fan!).
My verdict: the first one with Marlin was a racing accident, Gordon got too low and slipped from the white line, but the other tap is all different story, that was not an accident!

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 26 May 2003, 18:04 (Ref:610692)   #32
MrSal
Racer

MrSal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree totally with 429CJ. Second incident was deliberate. Antics like this usually end up with retribution that does nobody involved any good whatsoever.
Old 2 Jun 2003, 19:55 (Ref:618299)   #33
MrSal
Racer

MrSal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure about the incident at Dover with Marlon. I think that he probably was sucked towards the #40 and couldn't avoid the collision, but it does always seem to be Gordon doesn't it?
Is he too agressive, is it deliberate or just a coincidence?
Old 2 Jun 2003, 22:19 (Ref:618478)   #34
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jeff Gordon is an amateur at tapping people compared to what Dale Earnhardt, sr was. There are some others currently that are much worse than Jeff. Harvick was one of the worst until Nascar suspended him but the book is still out on him.
Old 4 Jun 2003, 15:20 (Ref:620690)   #35
24thunder
Veteran

Jeff Gordon said that He got into Sterling Marlin at Dover,thereby taking full resposibilty for the incident,a normal class act by Jeff Gordon IMO,when pushed on the matter by the media,Jeff reminded the mediua about the incident at Richmond when Sterling spun Jeff out,Jeff went to the garage,made repairs & got back out to run some laps,but any contention for the win was out the window,as Jeff did seem to have a strong car early in the race before Sterling punted Him.This is just one of several races where Sterling got into The Jeff,it's happened about 4 times in the past 3 years,Sterling is finding out that payback is a bit*h,LOL,not to even mention the 2 times this year that Sterling punted Jimmie Johnson(co-owned by Jeff Gordon),it appears like a pattern to Me by Sterling Marlin,if He can't take the heat of paybacks,then perhaps Sterling should quit punting drivers as much,JMO!