Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 12 Jan 2004, 12:48 (Ref:835312)   #76
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Ahhh thats another story Richard and I honestly don't think we would make so much with you dressed in the skimpy outfits to attract the photographers (but one never knows).

Suzy, Jim has promised to send me a cartoon once he can resurrect it on his PC. Many thanks for all your help.

To those I may have seen but not recognised...sorry. Hopefully I will be able to assist again next year (well I do have the shirt now).
Old 12 Jan 2004, 12:51 (Ref:835314)   #77
Richard Sneader
Veteran

Scotland
Grays, Essex
Richard Sneader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A note on the shirts, as we are all wearing the same colour trousers and shirts it all looks very proffesional and uniformed and we are a team. Afterall thats what marshalling is all about. Instead of complaining about things on the stand publicly please speak to Eric and tell him your thoughts. He works B***dy hard with others to make the stand what it is and to reprasent the club in the right sphere. My view was we looked great and the stand was excellent. We all worked hard over the days on the show to get more recruits in.
Rant over.
RS.
Old 12 Jan 2004, 12:51 (Ref:835315)   #78
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Green
I didn't see Observer either and he didn't say hello
Stephen, we shook hands and chatted for a couple of minutes!!!
You made comment that I was wearing a BARC shirt with a BRSCC jacket!
You then went on to say how damned good looking I was "In The Flesh"

Mark

(OK I made the last bit up!!)
Old 12 Jan 2004, 12:55 (Ref:835317)   #79
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by rzsio396
...Instead of complaining about things on the stand publicly please speak to Eric and tell him your thoughts....
I did after my stint on the stand last year!
That's possibly why I wasn't invited back this year (Can't take critisism?)

Interestingly though, at least two of my suggestions were on the stand this year!

However, I do agree that Eric concentrates a lot to time & effort into this project and is certainly the best man for the job!
(Creeping over - can I have my job back for 2005 please?)

Last edited by Mark Mitchell; 12 Jan 2004 at 12:59.
Old 12 Jan 2004, 12:56 (Ref:835318)   #80
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Oh blimey, why didn't you say who you were Actually I met so many people over the two days it became hard to remember at times. Great to meet you even though I didn't realise it was you (if you know what I mean).

Incredibly handsome...surely you were referring to me
Old 12 Jan 2004, 14:05 (Ref:835390)   #81
Nadine J Lewis
Veteran

England
Hartford, Northwich
Nadine J Lewis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
A note on the shirts, as we are all wearing the same colour trousers and shirts it all looks very proffesional and uniformed and we are a team. Afterall thats what marshalling is all about. Instead of complaining about things on the stand publicly please speak to Eric and tell him your thoughts. He works B***dy hard with others to make the stand what it is and to reprasent the club in the right sphere. My view was we looked great and the stand was excellent. We all worked hard over the days on the show to get more recruits in.
Rant over.
RS.
I'll add my voice to the many on saying what a damn fine job Eric does every year for which he gets not much praise!!!

The "team" running the stand were ALL in the same uniform - the ones appearing in orange and other colours were hangers-on (we seemed to get used as a dumping ground on many occasions over the course of the event!!)

Thanks to everyone who visited us and if anyone thinks its an easy job - it ain't. I'm back at work now for a rest!!

If half the number of people who came to talk to us and take information away come to the training days then I think we did a great job. Now we've just got to make sure they stay.
Old 12 Jan 2004, 14:15 (Ref:835399)   #82
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Thats the hard part! Glad you and Ian got home ok
Old 12 Jan 2004, 15:00 (Ref:835449)   #83
brickkicker
Veteran

brickkicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I spent a grand total of one hour and 15 minutes at the show on Saturday, that includes the time spend having tea & biscuits in the press office prior to registering for accreditation.
Did they have any chocolate biscuits left after we cleaned them out on the Friday
I didnt think the show was that bad and was better than last year but still not something I would pay that much to go and see.
Old 12 Jan 2004, 15:21 (Ref:835473)   #84
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Stephen, I think I was bored because I was on my own (Nobody loves me.....everybody hates me!)
The missus decided that she didn't want to come, and rather than saying "Alright love I'll give it a miss and we'll go in 2005" I though I might be missing out on something so made the trek on me todd!
Took me ages to get home as well, due to an artic delivering bread in the central reservation of the M6!
Old 12 Jan 2004, 15:40 (Ref:835488)   #85
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
It took me 4 hours to get from the NEC to Faversham courtesy of the road works on the M42
Old 12 Jan 2004, 15:51 (Ref:835509)   #86
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Rant over.
RS.
I'm sorry if my comments have given offence but they were meant tongue in cheek. I agree with you that Eric does a sterling job every year and I wouldn't dream of complaining publicly or otherwise. You did all look extremely smart in your British Racing Green shirts, which was much better than my royal blue fleece when I was on the marshals club stand at the Classic Car show a couple of years ago.

Stephen, I hate to say this but you are wrong about BRSCC colours – their official clothing is in British Racing Green. BARC gear is navy blue. Come to think of it 750MC is British Racing Green as well.

Sheila
Old 12 Jan 2004, 15:56 (Ref:835516)   #87
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Officially I agree, but if you look at all the 'officials shirts' they are a powder blue, or at least all the SE Centre shirts are.
Old 12 Jan 2004, 17:10 (Ref:835620)   #88
Richard Sneader
Veteran

Scotland
Grays, Essex
Richard Sneader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marshalgirl, thank you for the support, Glad you both got home ok and it was nice to meet you both, Stephen it took me 2hrs 15 mins to get back to Kent. Glad you arrived back ok. Sheila the new shirts for the BRSCC are powder blue and the new fleeces are navy blue.
RS
Old 12 Jan 2004, 17:28 (Ref:835642)   #89
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
originally posted by Stephen Green
It took me 4 hours to get from the NEC to Faversham courtesy of the road works on the M42
What were you doing on the M42 if you were going to Faversham:confused:
Old 12 Jan 2004, 17:29 (Ref:835645)   #90
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
M42.....M40....M25 at a guess!
Old 12 Jan 2004, 17:33 (Ref:835649)   #91
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
oh,
Friday night. 5pm M6....M1...M25
2 hours to Sidcup Kent including delay on M25 due to an accident
On a Sunday night I would have gone down the A14 and M11
Old 12 Jan 2004, 20:32 (Ref:835863)   #92
Peter Harding
Veteran

England
Colchester
Peter Harding should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a quick tip. The long (2 hour) show on Saturday starts at 6 pm. When you leave all the car park men have gone and your parking was free. Try it next year.
Old 12 Jan 2004, 20:47 (Ref:835876)   #93
flagwaver
Veteran

England
Yorkshire
flagwaver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is what I like to see corporate imaging. Everyone in the same colours apart from the South Eastern Centre.
Perhaps thats why the club is doing so well, even committe members do't know what colours we need to wear!
Old 12 Jan 2004, 20:50 (Ref:835879)   #94
flagwaver
Veteran

England
Yorkshire
flagwaver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All we can hope is that we get some sort more marshals.
After all thats what the stand was all about.
Old 12 Jan 2004, 21:16 (Ref:835895)   #95
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
We did sign a few up over the Saturday and Sunday and also gave out loads of info so fingers crossed.

False old boy, Observer got it dead right...M42, M40, M25, M20, M2 home.

I hate the M1 as I always get held up around Luton and Milton Keynes. Damn bandits
Old 12 Jan 2004, 21:17 (Ref:835896)   #96
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
I'm still smarting at the fact you didn't come and say hi armed with bags of doughnuts for the team
Old 12 Jan 2004, 22:14 (Ref:835957)   #97
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Stephen, were you there on Friday when I had to eat all the doughnuts myself cos I couldn't find you, plus I ended up drinking all the bottles of Bud that I brought.
Try the A14 from the end of M6, it isnt too bad, I won't touch the M1 on a sunday evening.
Old 12 Jan 2004, 22:17 (Ref:835962)   #98
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
No, I was only there Saturday and Sunday. I drove up from faversham on Friday night arriving Solihull around 7.00pm just in time for dinner with the crew!
Old 18 Jan 2004, 21:24 (Ref:842673)   #99
Matt Dillon
Racer

England
Dudley
Matt Dillon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I visited the stand on Friday (Daughter says thanks for the lolly!!). I thought the Guys & Gals were doing a good job, had a look rounf the Irish Rescue unit & picked up some tips for ours. Eric keep up the good work.
Old 18 Jan 2004, 22:52 (Ref:842775)   #100
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Matt Dillon
had a look round the Irish Rescue unit & picked up some tips for ours. Eric keep up the good work.
doesn't every Rescue Unit ??? from what I've seen, they are amongst the very best.