Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 6 Aug 2007, 17:32 (Ref:1982679)   #51
richorton
Racer

richorton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i know what you mean about the fog .pea soup and all that i still cant belive how i held the car like that going down the hill sideways,that was skill well our si will be out again for lydden but in a puggy.were going to reshell the metro in the next couple of weeks.
Old 6 Aug 2007, 18:00 (Ref:1982698)   #52
Stuart Fleming
Rookie

Scotland
Stuart Fleming should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hey all, im a long time knockhill visiter but that was my first time ever seeing rallycross and i must say it was great to watch, the driving was really good its a shame the weather was so poor. there were alot of delays during the day and a good few red flags which pushed everything back, there was a few rolls and bumps and im glad to say everyone was ok, sorry i don't know any driver names so i coudln't really tell you who they all were. it was disopointing not to see the 6R4 out and the RS200 only in practice, but the rest of the cars, woah ther amazing! ill definatley be back again!
Old 6 Aug 2007, 20:29 (Ref:1982839)   #53
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and how can you not see me in orange!!

and BB Where was you
Old 7 Aug 2007, 10:38 (Ref:1983274)   #54
HrRACING
Veteran

United Kingdom
Shropshire / Mid Wales
HrRACING should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't it funny how its always the little rich kids that punt people off, who don't have to either pay for the car or repair it themselves because their daddys sort it all for them.
Old 7 Aug 2007, 17:13 (Ref:1983535)   #55
Steve Gibson
Racer

Steve Gibson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HrRACING
Isn't it funny how its always the little rich kids that punt people off, who don't have to either pay for the car or repair it themselves because their daddys sort it all for them.
Go on then give us a clue what you are getting at ?
Old 7 Aug 2007, 17:45 (Ref:1983553)   #56
Spunky Munky
Rookie

England
Lincoln
Spunky Munky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he could be on about the 'local hero', maybe the occasion got to him and so instead of waiting for a chance to use talent and overtake, he decided to punt Hal to send him sideways, then hit the rear quarter to make him spin, putting him into the tyres causing unecessary damage tot he car. I remember when the rules stated that anyone who benefited from causing someone to have a spin/accident would be excluded fromt he results! Maybe they still do, but are never enforced?
A little bit of contact is generally inevitable in rallycross, especially in those conditions, but i think that this was a bit much. It has been proven many times, it is impossible to drive thro another, you always have to go around it, and as the car behind, it is upto you to do so cleanly.
Just my rough guess!
Old 8 Aug 2007, 07:44 (Ref:1983774)   #57
PhilChicken
Rookie

PhilChicken should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Might be time for a new thread. Not that I think it will do any good!

There are no hard and fast rules on contact. Every situation is different. Its not like a jump start where it is straight forward to apply the rules.

Andy Stevens is one of the clarks wh applys the "you took him out so I am putting you out of the results rule", but the clarks can only use the information given to them from the marshals.