Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 11 Jun 2019, 10:55 (Ref:3909330)   #1
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Croft

The countdown has begun. The trip North to visit the circuit with the most knowledgeable crowd on the calendar is beginning. King of Croft Colin Sutton is favourite for the wins.
Old 11 Jun 2019, 11:08 (Ref:3909331)   #2
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This will be my first visit to Croft, leaving just Thruxton as the only other circuit still to visit.

Looking forward to it, and hopeful of some good battles across the grid.

Weather looks like it may be damp for Qualy, with dry race day. Teams have a new surface to learn too, so the field might be mixed up a bit.

Will the 3-series prove dominant, or can Dynamics find the sweet spot?
Will the Vauxhall drivers be in close competition with their former teams?
Will BMR's current cars outperform their former runners?
Will the new models on the grid outscore the older marques?

A lot of questions to be answered this weekend, and we are starting to get to the point in the season where title chances can be seen to be slipping away if results are not favourable.
Pressure will really start to heat up, even if the weather doesn't!
Old 11 Jun 2019, 12:11 (Ref:3909345)   #3
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
King of Croft Colin Sutton is favourite for the wins.
is he any relation to ash sutton?
Old 11 Jun 2019, 12:15 (Ref:3909347)   #4
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I fear a BMW domination...
Old 11 Jun 2019, 12:16 (Ref:3909348)   #5
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
is he any relation to ash sutton?
It's a delete as applicable entry, depending on who comes out on top!
Old 11 Jun 2019, 12:49 (Ref:3909354)   #6
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
I can see Ash doing very well. The Subaru really gets good drive out of many of the corners. I expect AJ to be on the phone to a trophy cabinet maker too, he really has the 3 series sussed.
Old 11 Jun 2019, 13:15 (Ref:3909358)   #7
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The Scooby has always gone well, can see both of them up there. Has it really been a month since the last race?
Old 11 Jun 2019, 15:25 (Ref:3909382)   #8
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I think Sutton will be strong, his car looked immense out of the hairpin last year. I think BMW will be strong, though I dont think it will be a walkover. Their car has a longer wheelbase this year and there are a lot of tight turns at Croft.
Old 11 Jun 2019, 17:52 (Ref:3909413)   #9
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
It's a delete as applicable entry, depending on who comes out on top!
Covering all eventualities!
Old 11 Jun 2019, 18:10 (Ref:3909415)   #10
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
I think Sutton will be strong, his car looked immense out of the hairpin last year. I think BMW will be strong, though I dont think it will be a walkover. Their car has a longer wheelbase this year and there are a lot of tight turns at Croft.
its a rear wheel drive circuit. always has been even in the years when rear wheel drive cars were not very strong. so will be a bmw and subaru walkover
Old 11 Jun 2019, 22:01 (Ref:3909452)   #11
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
This will be my first visit to Croft, leaving just Thruxton as the only other circuit still to visit.
Have fun, it's a really great track to spectate at.
Old 11 Jun 2019, 22:38 (Ref:3909453)   #12
AJD
Rookie

AJD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Really looking forward to it. Fingers crossed for a dry race day, I'm taking a first timer with me this year and he's a BMW fan so I can see him leaving a happy lad. Agree with the statement above about AJ I think he's got the measure on that car already and looks very good. His confidence must be through the roof after coming back from that smash and bagging those results last time out.
Old 12 Jun 2019, 08:23 (Ref:3909495)   #13
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
expect BMW to dominate which seems to be the way the season is going

No super-subs at Team Hard yet?
Old 12 Jun 2019, 09:07 (Ref:3909498)   #14
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
expect BMW to dominate which seems to be the way the season is going

No super-subs at Team Hard yet?
Seb Vettel probably has the budget, unless he's blown it on dummies...
Old 12 Jun 2019, 09:20 (Ref:3909499)   #15
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Seb Vettel probably has the budget, unless he's blown it on dummies...
#gamechanger
Old 12 Jun 2019, 11:07 (Ref:3909509)   #16
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I went to Croft about 6-7 years ago for the BTCC. It makes a change being able to buy a burger for £2 rather than the £6 the traders charge at Brands Hatch. What north south divide?
Old 12 Jun 2019, 11:29 (Ref:3909514)   #17
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
The countdown has begun. The trip North to visit the circuit with the most knowledgeable crowd on the calendar is beginning. King of Croft Colin Sutton is favourite for the wins.
I'm not sure many have been on this forum long enough to get that reference!
Old 12 Jun 2019, 12:41 (Ref:3909519)   #18
AJD
Rookie

AJD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heading back there this year after missing last year. Hoping this weather we are having up here blows over and provides a dry race day. Taking a first timer along with me too who's a bit of a BMW fan so I suspect he will leave a happy lad.

I agree that AJ looks the business again this year and seems to have his shine back after a tough few years trying to find a winning formula. He has got to grips with that 3 series very quickly and it's obviously a decent package to start with.
Old 12 Jun 2019, 16:06 (Ref:3909571)   #19
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
I went to Croft about 6-7 years ago for the BTCC. It makes a change being able to buy a burger for £2 rather than the £6 the traders charge at Brands Hatch. What north south divide?
£6 will get a house up North lad! With a pool and several acres...
Old 12 Jun 2019, 22:00 (Ref:3909683)   #20
the youth
Racer

the youth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
you won't get the bread for the bun for £2 nowadays the north south devide has equelled out in food van land!
Old 12 Jun 2019, 22:06 (Ref:3909686)   #21
the youth
Racer

the youth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking forward to watching this as its my very local circuit shame I can't be there as we are at Knockhill racing with the NSSCC so TV it is
the new tarmac at croft is around 2 to 3 seconds a lap quicker for us clubbies so I expect we may see laps of around 1.21 in qualifying and 1.23 in the races assuming its dry
Some thing to watch for tho is the large bump that has appeared on the apex of clevaux that is new to the drivers and may catch a few out initially !

Steve
Old 12 Jun 2019, 22:19 (Ref:3909691)   #22
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree Jordan may be a favourite, he's very quick this year although what he's been lacking so far is luck. Hopefully he'll be able to finish all three races well inside top 10 (and win at least one) to ignite his title chances.

Sutton will be strong as well given this is RWD-friendly track but I'm really curious if Proctor finally finds a sweet spot. Would be good to see him up there in top 6.
Old 12 Jun 2019, 23:01 (Ref:3909695)   #23
3marinadrive
Rookie

3marinadrive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who else will be there?

So we all know Croft is a RWD track. Clearly the new BMW is super-fast...so expect them to be there - likewise the Subaru...will be interesting how Oliphant and Proctor get on....no excuses here!

Maybe a Jelley win?

As for the FWD contingent ....

Dynamics....should be quick, likewise Norlin...

Ingram....looked hard work at Thruxton but he still got some points

Others...?

AmD Hondas could be mega....like really mega...last year Eurotech struggled though

Could also be up there; Chilton, Morgan, Hill, the Vauxhalls ...

Love Croft! Lets see!!!
Old 13 Jun 2019, 06:44 (Ref:3909738)   #24
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
It's local to me but I am at Cadwell this weekend. Based on my last BTCC trip there in the wet -

- if it is still raining THE place to watch in qualifying is about 100m beyond the chicane ; it doesn't look much but you will see what I mean as it is a brilliant place to watch high speed saves

- take a Stanley knife to cut down all those f***ing gazeboes which spoil everybody's view

- the burgers are cheap (if not 2 quid cheap ) and that is because most of them taste like they are made out of road kill

- every time I go to Croft after BTCC it looks like a war zone - take your effing litter home !!!!
Old 13 Jun 2019, 09:43 (Ref:3909749)   #25
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I am sure the racing should be better than it was at Thruxton. There are plenty of outbraking places here