Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 11 Jul 2019, 07:07 (Ref:3916967)   #501
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Don't worry. TCR Guru has put out a social media post calling for more teams and drivers to enter the Brands Hatch round, so the series is saved.
Excellent. I imagine he's also going to be delivering world peace and Brexit to. Both on the weekend that was the Spa round. 😁
Old 11 Jul 2019, 07:28 (Ref:3916969)   #502
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Maybe he could add the Renault Clio Cup to the series. After all, that too is in single figures....
Old 11 Jul 2019, 09:54 (Ref:3916977)   #503
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Maybe he could add the Renault Clio Cup to the series. After all, that too is in single figures....

Considering the series was initially only open to NGTC cars which ran GPRM kit and he was then about to allow a Subaru which to my knowledge only ever ran RML parts to compete, I think the entry criteria is just being made up as he goes along if it puts more cars out there.
Old 11 Jul 2019, 10:52 (Ref:3916989)   #504
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
Considering the series was initially only open to NGTC cars which ran GPRM kit and he was then about to allow a Subaru which to my knowledge only ever ran RML parts to compete, I think the entry criteria is just being made up as he goes along if it puts more cars out there.
Where was it stated that it was only open to NGTC/GPRM cars?
I know that those cars were the main target, but as far as I can tell, it has always been open to other cars.

Lines: 'Now that there’s a lot of S2000, BTC-T, TCR and NGCT cars available which can all enter the Touring Car Trophy'

maximumgroup.net:
'Eligible cars:

TCR to any specification
World Touring Cars
NGTC Touring Cars
S2000 Touring Cars
Seat Super Copa mk2'
Old 11 Jul 2019, 11:11 (Ref:3916992)   #505
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
hmm now you mention it.... that was certainly our impressions of the initial idea as the other thread testifies

https://tentenths.com/forum/showpost...4&postcount=50

https://tentenths.com/forum/showpost...1&postcount=59

I know this is only people on here, but the notion must have been posited from somewhere :-/
Old 11 Jul 2019, 11:26 (Ref:3916994)   #506
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
hmm now you mention it.... that was certainly our impressions of the initial idea as the other thread testifies

I know this is only people on here, but the notion must have been posited from somewhere :-/
An early press release did read:
'Lines aims to include older-specification BTCC cars such as the NGTC models fitted with the original GPRM components. There will also be a division for TCR cars, and one for the SEAT Supercopa Mk2 cars.'
But doesn't specifically limit the entry to GPRM only...
Old 11 Jul 2019, 11:36 (Ref:3916997)   #507
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
An early press release did read:
'Lines aims to include older-specification BTCC cars such as the NGTC models fitted with the original GPRM components. There will also be a division for TCR cars, and one for the SEAT Supercopa Mk2 cars.'
But doesn't specifically limit the entry to GPRM only...

Im going to guess it comes from the wording of that, although im not sure why you would specifically reference a component manufacturer if it was not relevant.
It may not say "limited to, but "older-specification BTCC cars such as the NGTC models fitted with the original GPRM components" seems quite clear to me and is the exact opposite of "newer specification BTCC cars with RML parts" or just "NGTC cars".

Last edited by btccbloke; 11 Jul 2019 at 11:43.
Old 11 Jul 2019, 21:27 (Ref:3917067)   #508
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Any sort of vehicle with wheels basically. Roller skates too if you ask nicely ��
Old 11 Jul 2019, 22:06 (Ref:3917071)   #509
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
How about a horse and cart? Plenty of BHP there
Old 11 Jul 2019, 22:06 (Ref:3917072)   #510
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
im not sure if they gave up on success ballast after round 1 or even why this deserves its own section on the site: https://www.maximummotorsport.uk/success-ballast

Last edited by btccbloke; 11 Jul 2019 at 22:18.
Old 11 Jul 2019, 22:07 (Ref:3917073)   #511
S griffin
Veteran

The series was reported in today’s Autosport so that’s something
Old 12 Jul 2019, 05:49 (Ref:3917087)   #512
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
The series was reported in today’s Autosport so that’s something
19 cars racing in Australia. AUSTRALIA ! The home of the V8! What’s the Uk excuse?
Old 12 Jul 2019, 10:08 (Ref:3917124)   #513
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
19 cars racing in Australia. AUSTRALIA ! The home of the V8! What’s the Uk excuse?
Excuse? Some convicts nicked our race cars.... and oh look they're in Australia.

Sorry good folks of Oz!

Given their is night and day in terms of performance and cost between Supercars and TCR I can imagine it could find a market. But here it's just a half baked broadly similar BTCC-a-like.
Old 12 Jul 2019, 10:40 (Ref:3917131)   #514
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Easy to get 19 cars, when the series promotor owns most of them, and the drivers are on the payroll.
Old 12 Jul 2019, 16:11 (Ref:3917186)   #515
S griffin
Veteran

I think the Australians are better at promoting too
Old 12 Jul 2019, 18:31 (Ref:3917212)   #516
W2Motorsport
Racer

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
W2Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is no reason why a TCR series can't work in the UK. The reason why this particular iteration isn't working starts at the top I think. I think it needs to come in at a substantially lower price point than BTCC to be successful and that is where the problem came in last season, and rather than do what they could to lower costs they made themselves a sub-class within another series which is even less notable than TCR UK was last season. The TCR cars themselves are very much less expensive than BTCC (several available in the 60k eur range on racecarsdirect for instance) and hired drives are significantly cheaper elsewhere as well. I'm not sure how or why it fell apart this off season but the field at the end of last season wasn't great, but it was a solid foundation.