Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 27 Jan 2010, 02:29 (Ref:2620076)   #1
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
SLS AMG

I've never been a fan of Mercs, but this thing is money. Way, waaaaaaay cooler than the SLR. Anyone else like it? Or hate it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf_01AZFN8c

http://jalopnik.com/5396522/2011-mer...mg-first-drive
Old 27 Jan 2010, 05:21 (Ref:2620108)   #2
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love the new SLS, a return to form for Merc i think, just wish the thing had a manual gearbox. Just a bit tired of all this flappy paddle gearbox nonsense, give me 6 speeds and a clutch any day of the week!
Old 27 Jan 2010, 16:13 (Ref:2620402)   #3
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice View Post
I love the new SLS, a return to form for Merc i think, just wish the thing had a manual gearbox. Just a bit tired of all this flappy paddle gearbox nonsense, give me 6 speeds and a clutch any day of the week!
I agree wholeheartedly, but I'm afraid the proper manuals days are numbered.
Old 27 Jan 2010, 17:58 (Ref:2620461)   #4
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only thing i dont like about it is the grill at the front, its just too big
Old 27 Jan 2010, 22:29 (Ref:2620646)   #5
ROB IS THE STIG
Veteran

England
Paddock Hill Bend Brands Hatch!!
ROB IS THE STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im not overly keen on its looks tbh, im sure its a belter to drive etc but like my women, i see cars for their looks first!!
Old 29 Jan 2010, 07:51 (Ref:2621484)   #6
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As the Jalop article said, the rear styling really lacks something IMO. Then there is the sheer size of it - isn't there a SLC coming, that sounds a lot better. Overall still quite an impressive car.
Old 30 Jan 2010, 00:45 (Ref:2622069)   #7
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice View Post
I don't mind paddle shifts, but worse yet this has auto transmission, on a sporting GT car? Please...
Old 30 Jan 2010, 21:00 (Ref:2622478)   #8
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
I don't mind paddle shifts, but worse yet this has auto transmission, on a sporting GT car? Please...
It's a dual clutch automatic with paddle shift. Similar to the Porsche PDK. Maybe makes it a little better?