Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Jul 2018, 11:40 (Ref:3835404)   #451
Racer65
Racer

Racer65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
"But in the corners, looking at the GPS, we are faster and it looks pretty good, but just on the straights at the moment we are really slow.

"Objectively we have no pace, not coming from the car, but from the engine."
Gasly sounds like a McLaren driver from the last three seasons...
Old 8 Jul 2018, 14:03 (Ref:3835426)   #452
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gasly could have the same nickname as Danny Ongais... "On the Gas" suits him well.
Old 8 Jul 2018, 18:46 (Ref:3835506)   #453
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Another brand new "special built" Honda engine for Hartley.
Good for 3 laps.....
Old 9 Jul 2018, 14:33 (Ref:3835669)   #454
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer65 View Post
Gasly sounds like a McLaren driver from the last three seasons...
engine can't be that bad, he managed to overtake a FI-Merc
Old 9 Jul 2018, 15:02 (Ref:3835675)   #455
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Good for 3 laps.....
I don't think STR/Honda have reasons to lie, but they say it ended up being a loose connector on the power unit (I assume a wiring harness connector). I assume it was all tied to the quick build of a new car after Hartley's FP3 crash to get him ready for the race.

Richard
Old 9 Jul 2018, 20:03 (Ref:3835743)   #456
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
I would imagine by now Hartley is quite keen to leave.
Hopefully Ganassi still has a seat for him.
Old 10 Jul 2018, 05:10 (Ref:3835805)   #457
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And Quick Nick could have a say about Hartley...
"They made me the same thing", says Mr Heidfeld.
A good friend of mine told me so...
Old 18 Jul 2018, 13:37 (Ref:3837321)   #458
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Points accrued since the much lauded engine update in Canada: 0.
Old 19 Jul 2018, 12:40 (Ref:3837492)   #459
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Talk about egg on McLaren's faces....
Old 19 Jul 2018, 15:40 (Ref:3837533)   #460
karting
Racer

karting should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nononsensecapeesh View Post
Talk about egg on McLaren's faces....
Points this season using a Renault Engine:

Red Bull: 199
Renault: 70
McLaren: 48

Pretty poor going considering McLaren have had the best chassis on the grid for the past 3 seasons and expected to be on par with Red Bull this season
Old 19 Jul 2018, 15:55 (Ref:3837536)   #461
Racer65
Racer

Racer65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More fake news. What people think McLaren said and what they actually said are two different things. Just because people keep repeating statements doesn't make them true.
Old 19 Jul 2018, 16:03 (Ref:3837538)   #462
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Perhaps the "fake news" comes from articles like this, which quote the Mclaren boss man himself.

https://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2...t-power-brown/

“In 2017 – because next season nobody knows – if we had the Renault power plant in there we would have been there or thereabouts with Red Bull. Some races ahead of them, some races behind them, but we would have been around there.”
Old 22 Jul 2018, 10:40 (Ref:3837943)   #463
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Another all new Honda engine going into Gasly's car!

Gasly to the back of grid.

Old 22 Jul 2018, 11:23 (Ref:3837957)   #464
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well he wasn’t that high up anyway
Old 22 Jul 2018, 14:17 (Ref:3838009)   #465
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Strategically pooling components for future use.

Richard
Old 22 Jul 2018, 17:37 (Ref:3838064)   #466
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
Shocking performance again, could hardly beat the Williams cars in a straight fight.
Old 22 Jul 2018, 19:47 (Ref:3838095)   #467
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
At least Hartley got a point
Old 22 Jul 2018, 19:49 (Ref:3838098)   #468
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by EffectiveSprinkles View Post
Shocking performance again, could hardly beat the Williams cars in a straight fight.
Not sure what race you were watching but Hartley finished in the points, beat both McLarens, indeed completed a lap more than Alonso, Leclerc and a Renault, whilst Gasly suffered from stopping for wets and had to pit again to change back to slicks. He still managed to beat Alonso amongst others. They both beat both Williams.
Old 22 Jul 2018, 19:55 (Ref:3838099)   #469
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

Spoken as someone who did not watch the race but only looks at the result.
Old 22 Jul 2018, 20:06 (Ref:3838101)   #470
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
was glad for hartley but red bull must be worried about the poor performance of the engine
Old 22 Jul 2018, 23:17 (Ref:3838159)   #471
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yeah it was another poor performance from TR. Hartley somehow passed 1 Williams, got the other in the pits but then they somehow passed him back on track. It looks like on a track like this that TR and Williams are pretty even on pace.

I was totally expecting Hartley to blow that last point on the last lap but somehow held of Kmag in the much faster car. Woohoo I bet he'll be celebrating like he won it tonight.
Old 26 Jul 2018, 06:38 (Ref:3838823)   #472
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
was glad for hartley but red bull must be worried about the poor performance of the engine
It's not significantly worse than the alternative, and Honda have better funding and facilities than Renault.
Old 26 Jul 2018, 22:03 (Ref:3838966)   #473
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
It's not significantly worse than the alternative, and Honda have better funding and facilities than Renault.
The funding and facilities have, so far' failed to bring a competitive engine.
Old 27 Jul 2018, 03:01 (Ref:3838996)   #474
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
The funding and facilities have, so far' failed to bring a competitive engine.
Until very recently the same comment would apply to Ferrari as well. The implication is that we can’t conclude that Honda will never get it right.

Richard
Old 27 Jul 2018, 06:12 (Ref:3839017)   #475
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Until very recently the same comment would apply to Ferrari as well. The implication is that we can’t conclude that Honda will never get it right.

Richard
You think Mercedes may bail Honda out too?