Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 3 Sep 2017, 20:51 (Ref:3764261)   #101
AoB Special Stage
Veteran

Estonia
AoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAoB Special Stage should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
#51 karma
Old 3 Sep 2017, 20:51 (Ref:3764263)   #102
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoB Special Stage View Post
#51 karma
Old 3 Sep 2017, 20:58 (Ref:3764266)   #103
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Porsche laps Toyota in pit lane.
Old 3 Sep 2017, 21:17 (Ref:3764278)   #104
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Could Martin Haven shut up for one minute? Guy never stops talking.
Old 3 Sep 2017, 21:24 (Ref:3764279)   #105
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
Baseball or something on track.
Old 3 Sep 2017, 21:28 (Ref:3764282)   #106
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
FCY for a baseball. That's a new one.
Old 3 Sep 2017, 21:28 (Ref:3764283)   #107
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
FCY for a marshal to field the errant ball.
Old 3 Sep 2017, 21:32 (Ref:3764286)   #108
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
AMR 95 is the more important stop. That could give them the win.
Old 3 Sep 2017, 21:35 (Ref:3764287)   #109
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
Rain in the distance?
Old 3 Sep 2017, 21:37 (Ref:3764288)   #110
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post
Rain in the distance?
I'm no navigator, but I think the rain is at a heading of a 120 deg from the circuit, whilst the wind direction is from 260. So I think that'll miss the circuit currently.
Old 3 Sep 2017, 21:44 (Ref:3764291)   #111
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Could high altitude/topography be helping keep the rain away?
Old 3 Sep 2017, 21:55 (Ref:3764294)   #112
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
FCY
Old 3 Sep 2017, 22:12 (Ref:3764297)   #113
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
The weathers changing
Old 3 Sep 2017, 22:29 (Ref:3764299)   #114
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Heavy rain should be coming soon.
Old 3 Sep 2017, 22:50 (Ref:3764302)   #115
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
I bet the race finishes just before the rain.
Old 3 Sep 2017, 22:53 (Ref:3764303)   #116
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
After predicting rain all day, I'd bet that it holds off until like the last 30 seconds if it comes at all.
Old 4 Sep 2017, 03:07 (Ref:3764337)   #117
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Not a lot of talk about the ace. Has the fact that the wec only has four races in 2018 taken the buzz out of the races for the rest of this year?
Old 4 Sep 2017, 04:40 (Ref:3764361)   #118
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For me Long and boring six hour races with no compitition from Toyota to Porsche,porsche team orders,spec p2 class,boring grade 1 tracks,and Porsche pulling out has turned this into a lame duck season or should I say seasons.so I didn't watch the whole race or posted here to ruin anyone's else enjoyment of the race.to me the WEC is going to suffer the next 3-4 years like alms did with a lame prototype class,spec pro am class,and both supported by the factories in gte pro and am.if aco was smart they would change Gte am to gt3 specs to get way more intrest.....
Old 4 Sep 2017, 06:36 (Ref:3764382)   #119
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Mexico is a boring track imo. The straight is kinda long but the rest is butchered from the past. The fight up front was not what I expected. I don't care for the Oreca p2 class either and the GTE race I couldn't follow. Toby's commentary was kind of off putting too. Half of the time he was saying the wrong car or something. But I'm looking forward to the rest of the season.
Old 4 Sep 2017, 07:58 (Ref:3764393)   #120
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Toby Moody wasn't commentating, it was Martin Haven and Graham Goodwin.

I don't like Mexico as a circuit, and for single seaters it's pretty awful. But I do enjoy how multi-class racing works on it, as it forces the LMP drivers to plan passes. Even the LMP1s weren't able to just blow by at some points. That said, the final sector in the stadium is still awful.

I went into the race feeling a bit down about things with the mess of the announcement. The P1 race was pretty dull. Qualifying was deceptively close, and it isn't looking great for P1 for the rest of the season.

P2 was fantastic. I did miss the Tockwith Ligier (because it's not an Oreca), but we were never sure who was going to win that. Great result for Manor and good runs throughout most of the field too. Some great wheel to wheel battles.

GTE was great as well. Aston versus Ferrari, with no performance difference between them. That really was a brilliant battle, ruined by the Ferrari FCY penalty. And some good old bumping and bashing with Ford and Ferrari.

Didn't expect to enjoy the race as much as I did. P1 was awful, but P2 and GTE were great fun. Hope this track fits into the February slot, and then Silverstone in September.
Old 4 Sep 2017, 08:02 (Ref:3764394)   #121
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
Not a lot of talk about the ace. Has the fact that the wec only has four races in 2018 taken the buzz out of the races for the rest of this year?
Not sure how much more talk there could be. More pages than VIR (longer race), and much more than the F1 at Monza. I think the level of discussion is pretty good. With a transition year coming up, it was always going to kill interest a little bit, but I'm not seeing the drop in interest so far.
Old 4 Sep 2017, 08:56 (Ref:3764410)   #122
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Not sure how much more talk there could be. More pages than VIR (longer race), and much more than the F1 at Monza. I think the level of discussion is pretty good. With a transition year coming up, it was always going to kill interest a little bit, but I'm not seeing the drop in interest so far.
The amount of discussion in race threads on message boards in general has decreased quite a bit since their heyday ten or twelve years ago.... there's just so many other places (Twitter, Reddit, Facebook, etc) that people use these days and that weren't around back then.
Old 4 Sep 2017, 10:23 (Ref:3764421)   #123
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Like Akrapovic I enjoyed it more than I anticipated I would. The directors spent a whole load of time on P2, GTE and I pretty much wrote off the P1 battle. There was literally no jeopardy at any point in that race, given the pace advantage of the Porsche and the respective title situations across the four cars. They are just going through the motions basically.

I know they are changing the double points system, but it's still at least one good reason for Le Mans as a finale.

Despite not being happy about the speccy nature of the class, P2 has definitely brought way closer action and better racing this year in WEC.
Old 4 Sep 2017, 14:25 (Ref:3764447)   #124
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well watch the last hour this morning and can honestly say it was an enjoyable race with things happening all the time, really sad that i will not be awaiting next years silverstone now.
Old 4 Sep 2017, 18:43 (Ref:3764509)   #125
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Toby Moody wasn't commentating, it was Martin Haven and Graham Goodwin.

I don't like Mexico as a circuit, and for single seaters it's pretty awful. But I do enjoy how multi-class racing works on it, as it forces the LMP drivers to plan passes. Even the LMP1s weren't able to just blow by at some points. That said, the final sector in the stadium is still awful.

I went into the race feeling a bit down about things with the mess of the announcement. The P1 race was pretty dull. Qualifying was deceptively close, and it isn't looking great for P1 for the rest of the season.

P2 was fantastic. I did miss the Tockwith Ligier (because it's not an Oreca), but we were never sure who was going to win that. Great result for Manor and good runs throughout most of the field too. Some great wheel to wheel battles.

GTE was great as well. Aston versus Ferrari, with no performance difference between them. That really was a brilliant battle, ruined by the Ferrari FCY penalty. And some good old bumping and bashing with Ford and Ferrari.

Didn't expect to enjoy the race as much as I did. P1 was awful, but P2 and GTE were great fun. Hope this track fits into the February slot, and then Silverstone in September.
Cool, thanks for that. Now I won't get them confused

I don't think Mexico is the right place to gauge performance on the lmp1 battle. Toyota were not close last year either, but then were a lot better at COTA and won Fuji. None of the remaining tracks require the same level of downforce as Mexico and say, Nurburgring. I can't get behind P2 that much. They're all the same car with different colors. I hope next year there's the other two chassis running. With Ligier using it's joker for 2018, maybe teams will switch or enter with it if the performance is at Oreca's level. GTE is fun, but it's hard to follow unless you're watching the whole race. I did enjoy Aston vs Ferrari at the end!