Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 17 May 2013, 10:46 (Ref:3248809)   #1
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
MotoGP 2013 : Round 4, Le Mans...

Will it be wet?
Pedrosa quickest in 1st practice, 2 Dukes in top 5 - not too far behind
Old 17 May 2013, 12:17 (Ref:3248844)   #2
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Will it be wet?
Hopefully not, I'm heading over this evening! Good to see the Ducati's looking quick in FP1 but this afternoon's session will be crucial for setting the Q2 order if the rain does come tomorrow
Old 17 May 2013, 20:35 (Ref:3249096)   #3
Lrawlings
Racer

England
Portsmouth England
Lrawlings should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Currently watching on British Eurosport it's on only an hr late due to live tennis... Even though that poo was on 2 Eurosport channels. :-/
Old 18 May 2013, 14:37 (Ref:3249414)   #4
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Its French Open time, and that's the only thing Eurosport care about all year!

As they provide the live feed!

Pathetic, but hey, who cares no will watch bikes on there soon anymore in a year!
Old 19 May 2013, 00:12 (Ref:3249627)   #5
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dovi on the front row
Old 19 May 2013, 09:20 (Ref:3249709)   #6
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Normally, I'd prefer to see Lorenzo win (even when Stoner was racing). However, if Dovizioso is anywhere near contention after that qualifying session, I'll be cheering for him! Especially so soon after Rossi leaving Duke Nicky is officially useless as a motorbike racer.
Old 19 May 2013, 10:27 (Ref:3249746)   #7
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Well what a crash that was between Rabat & Espargaro in Moto2 - rain coming?
Old 19 May 2013, 10:33 (Ref:3249747)   #8
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
it seems to be coming .. but it's not there yet

Ciao Marco
Old 19 May 2013, 11:02 (Ref:3249755)   #9
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
HAHAHAHHAAHAH

I love it when the Spaniards all down in the rain!

Good rides all round, Krummy from almost back row to about 10th! Awesome
Old 19 May 2013, 11:29 (Ref:3249767)   #10
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Oh and get in Redders

The most deserved GP win for quite some time I think.
Old 19 May 2013, 11:35 (Ref:3249769)   #11
MCWB
Veteran

MCWB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great ride by Redding, he seemed pretty happy about it and rightly so! Really felt for Nakagami though, what a bugger.
Old 19 May 2013, 11:59 (Ref:3249774)   #12
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
and the rain came ..

Ciao Marco
Old 19 May 2013, 13:00 (Ref:3249791)   #13
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dovi 4th, could've been a lot better had it stayed slippery. Rossi down!
Old 19 May 2013, 13:05 (Ref:3249793)   #14
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I think you are definitely seeing the change of the guard, Rossi beaten handily by Cal, Dovi looking great and Marqez insanely quick near the end.

Fair play to Dani, champions ride and utterly classy

Interesting comment from Cal post race talking about Herve coming with a pen to sign him, Cal's comment "it's already too late"

Suzuki beckons maybe, but I reckon he would be stupid to leave!
Old 19 May 2013, 15:11 (Ref:3249843)   #15
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
What's the betting that Rossi will call it a day after this season ?
and what happened to Lorenzo ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 19 May 2013, 16:17 (Ref:3249874)   #16
frostie
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
What's the betting that Rossi will call it a day after this season ?
and what happened to Lorenzo ?
Jorge just said that he thinks that his rear tyre was to blame, basically he was riding around on egg shells through the race. Rossi wasn't too disappointed afterwards, nothing like what you'd see him like after a race last year, and he believes that he had the pace to match Cal (he didnt say beat him though)
Old 21 May 2013, 05:15 (Ref:3250910)   #17
Lazyking
Rookie

United States
Lazyking should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just finished watching the race. Very entertaining. Cal Crutchlow with an inspiring performance.

Also mention Marquez, who was so bad early on, I thought he was gonna crash out. Yet he fights back for a podium.
Old 21 May 2013, 12:11 (Ref:3251091)   #18
frostie
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
Finally back in the land of the internet after travelling back from Le Mans yesterday. I havent had a chance to watch a replay of the race yet but a couple of things stood out for me.

Pedrosa was in a class of his own on Sunday. Dominant speed when he needed it but in the wettest stages of the race the Ducati was much more comfortable to ride. Dovi was mistake free and able to pick and choose his lines and braking points whereas everyone seemed more tentative on the bike.

Once the track started to dry in the race the Honda was the bike to be on. Marquez fell back at the start as he was tentative in the conditions but once he found his feet he was superb. With a mixture of the drying and his bravery he was very fast and made some very well judged overtaking moves

Rossi's crash was unfortunate, he didnt do anything markedly different under braking, and without it he would have been in the shout for the podium. I dont think he would have beaten Cal but until the crash he looked very comfortable.

Further back in the field I thought Michael Laverty did very well. I was chatting to him in the morning and he said that he hadnt really done any wet laps on the bike in testing so it was going to be a voyage of discovery for him. He started the race fighting with the Blusens Avintia bikes but once he felt comfortable he moved past them and pulled away with ease. In the second half of the race he was as quick as anyone on the CRTs

Here's a few photos from the MotoGP race:

You can see the damage to Valentino's throttle and brake from his crash here:
Old 21 May 2013, 14:10 (Ref:3251153)   #19
Lazyking
Rookie

United States
Lazyking should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be nice if the Ducati found some speed on dry circuits to challenge the Yamaha and Honda's on a regular basis.
Old 22 May 2013, 10:55 (Ref:3251598)   #20
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Marc Marquez shots are damn good
Old 29 May 2013, 08:20 (Ref:3254872)   #21
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Marc Marquez shots are damn good
Agreed! Thanks for the shots frostie, how does Marquez manage not to ride off the edge of the tyre more often, just look at that lean angle. Stoner-esque.

I've got to say, I really enjoyed the racing from Le Mans even in the top class, rain really is the great equaliser.

Is Pol going the way of Vinales last season i.e. hailed as the champion by a country mile but then others mount a strong challenge and they seem to wilt a bit - on present evidence at least but then the season is still young.

I hope Nakagami can reap the rewards of his pace at some point soon. Redding rode in a such a mature fashion. Well done him.

Last edited by cg7aa; 29 May 2013 at 08:36.