Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 26 May 2013, 16:29 (Ref:3253514)   #1
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Rule Brittania

6 races 6 wins for Brits

ice one Chinner Lowes and Laverty

Sorry guys, not often I get patriotic, but this is a special time for Brits in Flammini Italian world

And also for Redding and Crutchlow in GP

Stuff the Spaniards, we are coming!
Old 26 May 2013, 18:39 (Ref:3253576)   #2
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you are that carried away with patriotism, you should have spelled Britannia correctly!
Old 26 May 2013, 20:25 (Ref:3253645)   #3
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nice pedantry

Who cares really
Old 29 May 2013, 08:50 (Ref:3254893)   #4
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tom's moment in the sun - literally. Not often that I enjoy watching such dominant performances but every now and again when someone/team/bike you like does it, you think alright, fair play to them.
Old 29 May 2013, 15:43 (Ref:3255029)   #5
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Nice pedantry

Who cares really
Well as you are a self professed journalist I would imagine your legions of readers might have a view on correct spelling whilst reading the 'unendean durivle'.
Old 29 May 2013, 16:59 (Ref:3255064)   #6
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I don't really profess to be a journalist

And if I was, and even if I was do you think I would give the slightest chuff about the spelling of what I write on here for Gods sake, its a forum not a piece of fine literature!

Give me strength
Old 29 May 2013, 21:07 (Ref:3255191)   #7
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
....... do you think I would give the slightest chuff about the spelling of what I write on here for Gods sake, its a forum not a piece of fine literature!

Give me strength
please explain why they should be treated differently?

It's God's and it's BTW... but you knew that ;-)
Old 29 May 2013, 21:55 (Ref:3255210)   #8
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Listen

If all you can do is pick up grammatical errors on a thread then you might aswell not bother adding anything.

I have had work published in all sorts of magazines, and don't need any sub editing from a forum poster thanks. If the fact that I have managed to do all this with such appalling grammar and it pains you so much, I am sorry, but talent goes a long way sometimes in journalism. Just not all the way.

If I make mistakes its because this is a forum, its not published and not for print, its opinion and contribution and written quickly, often on a phone

Thanks for ruining the thread, I have only made a few thousands posts and never been *****ed at before.

Nice touch

Apostroophy left out on purpoise x
Old 30 May 2013, 14:24 (Ref:3255486)   #9
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Don't really mind having a bad grammar in a forum thread because, as you say, it's mostly just about getting thoughts online quickly and on a phone or tablet more often than not. But Laverty races under the tricolour as an Irish rider and as a result I don't really see how you could include him in a rule Britannia thread
Old 30 May 2013, 18:30 (Ref:3255585)   #10
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
easily .. when he wins it's "ours" .. when he loses .. it's "theirs"

Ciao Marco
Old 31 May 2013, 07:40 (Ref:3255857)   #11
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Oh dear

Is it any wonder this part of the forum is utterly dead when this is the sort of tripe people trot out.

Best closed I think the motorcycle section as it has now degenerated into one bloke publicising his own work and a few Aussies posting results.

Nothing else of note.
Old 2 Jun 2013, 11:11 (Ref:3256665)   #12
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't give up Chunder - we still love you & the Brits who are rockin on the world stage. You know who'se opinion matters xxx