Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 May 2013, 22:35 (Ref:3255226)   #1
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Vettel has it easy: Hamilton

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/191715/...t_it_easy.html

didnt hamilton have it easy in his first 2 years in F1?
Old 29 May 2013, 23:25 (Ref:3255240)   #2
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Agreed. Hamilton had 1 of the easiest paths to a top team.

I agree that Vettel has it easy but Red Bull seem to have a great combination like Ferrari did under Schumacher.
Old 30 May 2013, 11:12 (Ref:3255395)   #3
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I found the silver buses comment amusing. It's true though, as I think Seb was referring to them being buses because of the tyres, not because it's a big, slow car.

Don't know why Hammo took it so personally and had to retort.
Old 30 May 2013, 12:24 (Ref:3255431)   #4
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I like Lewis but he seems to have a real problem with Sebastian and it shows. It does seem like sour grapes frankly, because whatever you say about the Red Bull, Vettel does a mighty fine job with it. Unfortunately for him, Vettel stole his prodigal thunder and it may irk him.
Old 30 May 2013, 12:33 (Ref:3255442)   #5
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm a firm believer that by and large the best seats go to those who deserve them. Would Hamilton have won three back to back titles at Red Bull? You can't be sure but I doubt it. But then who can say whether Vettel would have won any more titles at McLaren?
Old 30 May 2013, 12:38 (Ref:3255445)   #6
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
I think Hamilton is a bit annoyed that he didn't get pole position (again) and didn't win the one race that Merc were favourites to win, even before the Spanish GP took place. Maybe it's not Vettel who's actually annoying him?
Old 30 May 2013, 12:42 (Ref:3255448)   #7
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The thing is, Lewis is prone to answering questions honestly. Nothing wrong in that, but it does lead to over analysis by the media and armchair commentators on internet forums...
Old 30 May 2013, 12:57 (Ref:3255453)   #8
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Also the press/media does have the habit of quoting "parts" of a sentence to make it sound a bit more interesting.
He could have said "relatively easy", unless I could hear the complete recording it doesn't mean much to me.
We all know people in the public eye (like pop stars) will say anything just for the laugh so they can read it in the "Daily Whatever" the next day.
I remember a certain government official saying that he drank 10 pints a night just to make him more favourable with the "working class"
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 30 May 2013, 13:07 (Ref:3255459)   #9
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I like Lewis but he seems to have it in for Vettel and it shows. I think it is a bit of sour grapes because Seb stole his thunder of the prodigal driver.
Old 30 May 2013, 13:39 (Ref:3255472)   #10
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
I always think that it's funny how at a time that, pretty much universally, we have heralded as the most competitive time in Formula 1 history with more world champions on the grid than any other time, with cars that are closely matched etc. that Vettel always gets hit with the "his car is the best on the grid" card. The Red Bull has been the best overall car since 2009 but it's hardly been plain sailing for the team to win three titles.
Old 30 May 2013, 13:43 (Ref:3255475)   #11
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's been for long now that both Hamilton and Alonso use the media to discredit Vettel. It's not an unintentional reply due to a frustrating weekend for Lewis, they both do it regularly...
Old 30 May 2013, 17:01 (Ref:3255543)   #12
jedrinck
Racer

jedrinck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Haha, Hamilton's response is like Vettel bad mouthed a couple of grannies who knit dog sweaters to support the local orphanage or something. Ooh, it is so mean he would say that because we are trying so hard to make a difference here. Has Vettel ever publicly talked down a fellow competitor's ability?
He must have deeply hurt Hamilton's feelings, inexplicably as he was really just mocking the Merc strategy as a whole.
Old 30 May 2013, 19:20 (Ref:3255630)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm only posting this to try and get the thread to 20 pages.
Old 30 May 2013, 19:36 (Ref:3255652)   #14
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Vettel has got under both Alonso and Hamilton's skin (in my view). The question is whether that is because they both rate him a lot or precisely because they genuinely don't and somehow think he lucked into his situation.
Old 30 May 2013, 19:54 (Ref:3255674)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
I like Lewis but he seems to have it in for Vettel and it shows. I think it is a bit of sour grapes because Seb stole his thunder of the prodigal driver.
Nah, he just stole the thunder by having the prodigal Red Bull.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I'm only posting this to try and get the thread to 20 pages.

I was thinking much the same.....
Old 30 May 2013, 19:57 (Ref:3255676)   #16
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Vettel has got under both Alonso and Hamilton's skin (in my view). The question is whether that is because they both rate him a lot or precisely because they genuinely don't and somehow think he lucked into his situation.
I think it's because they both genuinely rate him. I would say Alonso's comments about him are more calculated though. Mind games. I suspect Alonso genuinely feels he can beat Vettel, whereas Hamilton feels like he ought to be able to and hasn't worked out why he can't.
Old 31 May 2013, 12:23 (Ref:3255966)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't think there is anything more tedious than the constant "I'm better than you" bickering between Alonso/Hamilton and Vettel, except perhaps for the ensuing dissection and analysis of said bickering.

It isn't even worthy of a moments thought let alone a thread.
Old 31 May 2013, 16:41 (Ref:3256070)   #18
jedrinck
Racer

Does Vettel participate at all?
Old 31 May 2013, 16:48 (Ref:3256073)   #19
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedrinck View Post
Only with his finger.
Old 31 May 2013, 19:25 (Ref:3256116)   #20
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Perhaps reading the original story is in order. http://www.sportinglife.com/formula1...back-at-vettel It's really a non-story. Ham said "He's had the fastest car for the last four years, so its easy for him to say that. He's got it easy." In reply to Vettel saying the mercedes' looked like two busses going for a cruise. He proceeds to say "we are making our way up, we are learning, growing, improving with a car that has great potential, so I don't agree with him."

So basically he was saying we weren't busses, were not Red Bull who have had the best car since whenever but were moving up. This "has it easy" was taken out of context. Its easy for Vettel to say the mercedes is slow because Red Bull aren't in the same position as them. Theyre at the front always. More anti-Hamilton sensationalism.

Last edited by TF110; 31 May 2013 at 19:31.
Old 1 Jun 2013, 00:06 (Ref:3256209)   #21
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
Only with his finger.
Brilliant...
Old 1 Jun 2013, 00:26 (Ref:3256225)   #22
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
I think Hamilton is a bit annoyed that he didn't get pole position (again) and didn't win the one race that Merc were favourites to win, even before the Spanish GP took place. Maybe it's not Vettel who's actually annoying him?
yep reckon he should focus on beating his team mate first b4 worrying about others.
Old 3 Jun 2013, 15:44 (Ref:3257177)   #23
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedrinck View Post
According to Lewis, he is the "new Mansell".

Lewis seems to think that Vettel is overrated. He seems to think it is more down to the car - if so, then why hasn't he lambasted Webber as well? Yes, Vettel has had the best car since about 2010, but Lewis probably had the best car in 2007 and 2008.

I think that a big problem with Lewis is that he doesn't seem to realise the specific talents of other drivers. He seems to rate Alonso(even after their troubled relationship), and I think he rates Kubica(even though he sadly isn't in F1 any more). He should have sort of noticed Vettel after the Monza win in 2008. In wet weather and in a mid field car Vettel it was probably one of Vettel's best performances. That should have been a wake-up call to Lewis.

Likewise with Jenson at McLaren. Yes, I think that Lewis had the slight edge on him - especially in qualifying, but come a wet turning to dry race - Jenson had the advantage. I don't think that Lewis fully acknowledged that.
Old 3 Jun 2013, 16:53 (Ref:3257199)   #24
jedrinck
Racer

What I meant to ask was whether Vettel in return makes similar remarks about Hamilton and Alonso. If he doesn't , good for him. It seems the most mature thing to do, even though a lot of people readily believe Alonso's and Hamilton's criticism of Vettel. He hardly has anything to prove I think.
Old 3 Jun 2013, 17:43 (Ref:3257212)   #25
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He may have replied I don't know...
The only time I remember him hitting back (if you can call it that way) was after Alonso said he was competing against Newey last year, don't remember which race it was, Vettel said on the radio after the finish "thank you all of you, whoever you are" or something like that.

I can't imagine Alonso or Lewis being so passive if their two biggest rivals joined forces against them the way it happened last season.
It was a bit ridiculous at some point, but karma is karma and Lewis had an horrible year and Fernando ended losing the championship